+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Almost done with my Captain (got a little bit distracted by some Malifaux games for a few hours :D ).

Gonna post a pic when I took one with proper daylight. Probably early tomorrow or Saturday.

After the first "test" vow was completed, it gave me an idea of what I can do. So, let's go more formal... where formal means leadership!

"As my first act with this new authority, I will create a Grand Army of the Imperium (Republic) to counter the increasing threats of the Traitors (Separatists)."

---- ----- ----- ----- -----

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for a second time) to complete:

i/    the 1st captain, Captain in Terminator Armour with Combi-melta & Relic Blade [145]

ii/   the 2nd captain, Captain with Plasma pistol & Relic Blade [102]

iii/  the 3rd captain, Captain with Master-crafted Boltgun & Relic Blade [98]

iv/ Chaplain in Terminator Armour (metal) with Storm Bolter & Crozius Arcanum [102]

v/  Ancient in Terminator Armour with single Lightning Claw [116]

of total value 563 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

ETL6 Vow2

Took me a while to choose all the right bits from the box, there's also a hand made combi-melta from a model that never completed... and a salvaged banner from another unfinished model. Anything that has a layer of colour there, will be repainted to fit the new models, I 'm not trying to take shortcuts, we Blood Angels are artisans after all.

After the first "test" vow was completed, it gave me an idea of what I can do. So, let's go more formal... where formal means leadership!

"As my first act with this new authority, I will create a Grand Army of the Imperium (Republic) to counter the increasing threats of the Traitors (Separatists)."

---- ----- ----- ----- -----

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for a second time) to complete:

i/    the 1st captain, Captain in Terminator Armour with Combi-melta & Relic Blade [145]

ii/   the 2nd captain, Captain with Plasma pistol & Relic Blade [102]

iii/  the 3rd captain, Captain with Master-crafted Boltgun & Relic Blade [98]

iv/ Chaplain in Terminator Armour (metal) with Storm Bolter & Crozius Arcanum [102]

v/  Ancient in Terminator Armour with single Lightning Claw [116]

of total value 563 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

Took me a while to choose all the right bits from the box, there's also a hand made combi-melta from a model that never completed... anything that has a layer of colour there, will be repainted to fit the new models.

First re-vow of this campaign and you're not playing safe either! Are your Captains in red or gold?

All captains will be red. I prefer to keep gold for the Artificer armours, and none can take one. And I believe that five models is safe enough for now. :)

More awesome WIP-age! :happy.:

Here is a WIP progress so Far, I'm going to base 10 models at a time, but one squad is otherwise done.

med_gallery_104017_14504_445256.jpg

I would have gotten more scouts done, but I had a storage case fail on me. I got to spend 3 days fixing models that fell to pieces.

In any case, I have a question about a future Vow. These are some characters I built at the same time, but I already started a little. I was wondering if I could get an opinion on wether they are to far gone or not.

med_gallery_104017_14504_117178.jpg

They are turning out to be really nice Scouts :tu: As for the query, I've alerted Semper in case he misses it. I've seen models like that entered before, but I'm not an authority on what can be done...

Updated pics of stormbird https://imgur.com/gallery/kt6ANUx

I magnetized the ball turrets for ease of transport and painting.

How, just how have you got that much done already? :jawdrop:

First off, thank you for the kind words! To be honest I just wanted more gold on my Lazorback and I think I saw someone else do it somewhere sometime. Unsure of who and where really... I actually didn't even know those things were view slits!
As far as speed is concerned that is probably the fastest I've ever knocked out a vehicle to Tabletop Standards; I blame a two day weekend. However it is just that, Tabletop Standard. After the ETL is out I'll practice some weathering techniques on a "less well done" Razorback and apply those to this one. I'm really happy with how the basecoat came out so I'm nervous to go any further.

Yup. Don't know when it dawned on me either but they are obviously screens/cameras of a sort which makes some sense in my head-canon... I do mine blue but gold looks cool too :)

Welcome to the event Zebulon. How long do you envisage these will take and do you have anything else subsequently planned?

Thanks Jol, appreciated.

To be honest it depends how much time real life allows me to spend on hobbying!

I do have the rest of the stuff I built for B&Z waiting but first I will try to get this vow completed, and go from there.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to what you come up and I'm happy to see more B&Z stuff being painted up :) Just take your time, build up your event confidence, keep en eye on this (and other threads), and you should find you'll get through more than your thought :)

@Jolemai: Yes it can be time-consuming. I haven't done anything this large since the LRC, but I'm happy with the progress so far. She's just about ready for red accents/checkers. I was interrupted during the first big nulin oil wash and had to stop my work for a few hours. I was worried I'd end up with a really uneven seam where it had already dried when I came back, but it wasn't too bad. As a note on the repulsor kit in general, the three small arms turrets are way more snug of a fit than I would've liked. It could be that I primed on the sprue and that was just enough to make it overly tight. Live and learn :smile.:

I'm one of those who doesn't like painting white so it would take me quite a while to achieve that :(

WIP

Slowly but surely...

gallery_62972_9848_42322.jpg

Literally the best photo I could take today :/

Looks like you might be encountering The Mist or possibly in the middle of a Tyranid invasion. Be careful wherever you are Jolemai! The models are looking great though.

Cheers, I hope they turn out alright in the end. As for the photos, I couldn't find anywhere to take them - outside was too bright, inside was too dull. Combine that with a camera phone... :verymad:

In any case, I have a question about a future Vow. These are some characters I built at the same time, but I already started a little. I was wondering if I could get an opinion on wether they are to far gone or not.

They’re good! :)

Vow Complete!

med_gallery_69175_14561_41278.jpg

While painting Alessandro, Captain of the Flesh Tearers 5th company, tonight I realized something very important. My eyes are horrible and nothing like they were 20 years ago. There are a lot of details on this model that I am just completely unable to paint. I even have one of those cool lighted magnifying glasses and it helped but in the end I just got a headache. I apologize. But I think this is about the extent of my capabilities now. I mean.. it isn't bad. But I don't think I'll be able to do edge highlights anymore. The ardecoat I used gives them kind of a glossy look though which works as the lighting hits the areas and provides highlighting that is better that I could paint lol!

I'll get my second vow in place this weekend if the bits from shape-ways I ordered come in. I ordered some of the Flesh Tearers chapter badges that you put on top of the blank shoulder pads and I have I think 10-15 Hell Blasters that I can build and paint up. Anyway! Keep it going everyone! Even an old codger like me can paint a miniature... sort of lol!

Edit: I'm looking at the picture now and it almost looks like it is raining with that puddle on the base. :happy.: I kind of like it. :happy.:

Here we go. One almost done Gravis Captain. Only highlights, the powersword and probably the base as well to be done.

Ym4OZzj.jpg

And I just noticed there's still some clean up to do as well. Blame the bad lighting yesterday. ^^

Here we go. One almost done Gravis Captain. Only highlights, the powersword and probably the base as well to be done.

And I just noticed there's still some clean up to do as well. Blame the bad lighting yesterday. ^^

Looks awesome! ^_^ I love the Knight Helm! ^_^

Why does GW keep putting purity seals under the arms? lol! It was almost impossible for me to paint that on my captain. :p

Vow Complete!

med_gallery_69175_14561_41278.jpg

But I don't think I'll be able to do edge highlights anymore.

As a man on the wrong side of 40, I have neither the eyes or steady hand of my youth. So i picked up a 50mm one of these

http://www.brokentoadstore.co.uk/img/p/1/1/5/8/1158-large_default.jpg

Means when I'm doing edge highlighting and detail, I can hold it up close to my eyes and stable (usually brace the grip against my chest), and brace my painting hand against the support bar. The support bar in particular really helps as it basically eliminates my hand tremble. There's a cheaper version without the longer grip, but it works the same way. They also do corks that hold already based minis. PK pro is the main distributor, but they're on holiday for a few weeks.

Can highly recommend for helping offset the ravages of time!

Thinking about it, I also have a large angle poise lamp with a 100W equivalent CFL daylight bulb in in that helps with getting good light quite a bit.

Looks awesome! :happy.: I love the Knight Helm! :happy.:

Why does GW keep putting purity seals under the arms? lol! It was almost impossible for me to paint that on my captain. :tongue.:

Thanks! They're the Knights of Baal after all. You can bet that the second we get Primaris with shields and/or swords I'm going to own 2-3 units of them as well. ;)

Yeah that one seal was kinda annoying to reach on an assembled model and that's one of the reasons why I usually paint the parts seperately. This time I assembled him first for the B&Z event tho. I've to say I had worse spots to reach on other models already tho. This one was annoying but still rather harmless. ^^

I, CaptainHelion, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete: a Captain with Jump Pack, 2 Lightning Claws, a Captain with Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer, a Captain in Cataphractii Armour with Chainfist, Combi-melta, a Captain in Terminator Armour with Storm shield, Thunder hammer, a Lieutenant with Master-crafted boltgun, Power fist, a 5 Marine Scout Squad with Heavy bolter, 3 bolters, a Scout Sergeant with Plasma pistol, Power sword, a 5 Marine Devastator Squad with Armorium Cherub, 2 Missile launchers, 2 Lascannons, and a Space Marine Sergeant with a Bolt pistol for a vow of total value 863 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Pictures to follow.

gallery_61499_12614_478518.png

Time for me to join in I think with a small vow.

I, Thoridon, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the following:

2x units of 5 Intercessors (1 power sword and 1 auxiliary grenade in each squad), 190 pts

2x units of 3 Company Veterans (1 power fist and 3 storm bolters per squad), 132 pts

5 Company Veterans (1 power fist and chainsword, the rest dual chainswords), 92 pts

The Sanguinor, 170 pts

Jump Pack Librarian with force sword and bolt pistol, 120 pts

3 Inceptors with assault bolters, 135 pts

5 Assault Marines (1 power fist, 2 plasma guns), 118 pts

1 Imperial Knight Warden with gatling cannon, reaper chainsword, heavy flamer, heavy stubber and stormspear rocket pod, 511 pts

of total value 1468 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I think the points are all correct, checked with Chapter Approved.

RtWFjti.jpg

Ym4OZzj.jpg

That model looks awesome!

They’re good! :smile.:

Nice! I will add them to the Pile for Vow # 2. its looking like its gonna be 800+ points. but I will know more later once I have Vow 1 done.

Actually, slap this Fire Raptor on top of the two CARs I have already pledged. Since I just started to prime it...

Cheers

LM

Vows cannot be changed once pledged!

edit: I see that your first vow was not yet recorded, so maybe CPT.Semper will allow edition of the first vow? Better to check with him directly.

Vow 2

I bushman101,rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

3 Dreadnoughts (2 multimeltas, 1 lascannon)

of a total value of 447 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/234320-20180511-163300/

Archived