+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Time for me to join in I think with a small vow.

I, Thoridon, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the following:

2x units of 5 Intercessors (1 power sword and 1 auxiliary grenade in each squad), 190 pts

2x units of 3 Company Veterans (1 power fist and 3 storm bolters per squad), 132 pts

5 Company Veterans (1 power fist and chainsword, the rest dual chainswords), 92 pts

The Sanguinor, 170 pts

Jump Pack Librarian with force sword and bolt pistol, 120 pts

3 Inceptors with assault bolters, 135 pts

5 Assault Marines (1 power fist, 2 plasma guns), 118 pts

1 Imperial Knight Warden with gatling cannon, reaper chainsword, heavy flamer, heavy stubber and stormspear rocket pod, 511 pts

of total value 1468 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I think the points are all correct, checked with Chapter Approved.

RtWFjti.jpg

Nice vow Thoridon, I think that's maybe our first "normal" Knight entry too? How do you plan on tackling them - batch, mini-batch, individually?

Looking good and congrats on the completion! What colour are the eye sockets on the Inceptors, only they seem really bright (or is that the flash)? I also like how you've opted for a more "recent" approach to painting that Chaplain - mine has the red Crozius shaft and trims :blush.:

Vow 2

I bushman101,rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

3 Dreadnoughts (2 multimeltas, 1 lascannon)

of a total value of 447 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/234320-20180511-163300/

... and that's a really nice second vow :happy.: How did you go about making the base for the twin-lascannon Dreadnought?

I, Gunzhard rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and their successors. I vow to complete a (scibor) Sanguinius rendition, to be counted-as "the Sanguinor [170 points]".

Welcome to the event Gunzard and thanks for joining in :) He's going to look really cool once he's all done up - do we have a link for that model in our third party database?

Starting slow this year whilst I wait for a couple of bits to arrive...

I SM1981 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

1 Baal Predator with Twin Assault Cannon Turret, Heavy Bolter Sponsors, and Storm Bolter. PTS value:166

on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_88305_14576_816627.jpg

Welcome on board and there's nothing wrong with starting slow, there's lots of time left for a subsequent vow should you wish :smile.:

... I don't actually own a Baal yet :blush.: so I'm going to be watching this. Do you plan on using magnets at all?

Here we go. One almost done Gravis Captain. Only highlights, the powersword and probably the base as well to be done.

Ym4OZzj.jpg

And I just noticed there's still some clean up to do as well. Blame the bad lighting yesterday. ^^

What colour power sword? As for the model, you really need to show off your collection more :smile.:

Well here's an WIP update for my vow :smile.: Thought I`d take advantage of the nice weather :happy.:

gallery_105195_14304_136968.jpg

Apologies for the awful photo quality :tongue.:

Photo quality is fine, it's better than mine! Btw, what spray did you use? He's so shiney!

Oh, good:) I'll be posting WIP photo of my contemptor in a few hours so he will not be alone.

EDIT: here it comes. Got some initial coat for metal parts and first shade wash over the legs. First ranks presents completed 2nd squad of Intercessors.

gallery_105306_14251_162704.jpg

You've stretched that picture, right? Everything seems so tall :eek:: What Contemptor have you used as a base model again?

And it just got a little smaller :-) :

Hidden Content
gallery_60109_5815_775284.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_680168.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_353616.jpggallery_60109_5815_1968419.jpg

Cheers

LM

Weathering is fantastic so far; I'm too afraid to do that to my Blood Angels... Is it all sponge work?

Half of my vow is done!

So very neat and tidy, really great work so far!

Progress report:

Edit: I do find Auric Armour Gold a lot more watery and unsatisfying in comparison with the old Burnished Gold. Does anyone have any tips on how to overcome this? It does usually come out okay on a black undercoat, but it’s a real pain on models undercoated in white.

Also, VV sgt is getting a headswap as I don’t really want bare heads on my BA and their successors.

Auric Armour gold isn’t supposed to have full opaque coverage as it’s a ‘layer’ Type paint. Personally, I tend to use it over either leadbelcher, (if I want a lighter tone) or warplock bronze (for the darker tones). If you want that full coverage in one coat, I agree it could be frustrating.

In full disclosure, I’ve never tried retributor Armour.

Retributor Armour is pretty much perfect for gold imo.

Ah yes, the gold conundrum - one I've moaned about many times. I was doing light silver (i.e Mithril), dark gold (now called Gehenna's), light gold (Auric armour) but honestly, I've given up and switched to Retributor having lost patience :sad.:

So... not so much a WIP as a sympathy pic... I thought grabbing some extra X packs for my DC pledge would be great to add some more markings to the unit. Having done two passes of red over 22 shoulder Xs and 14 jump packs, I think I'm in danger of having an epileptic fit...

med_gallery_64798_14233_10907.jpg

I do really like the effect, but dammit I'm starting to see red crosses when I close my eyes.

That is really quite striking and I want mine to enjoy such thick, sharp saltires... **runs off to his carry case to check his jump DC**

ETL Progress 2:

Hidden Content
gallery_40907_9492_59517.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_47402.jpg

10/26 done. Switching to the 5 scouts to stave off fatigue.

You can always re-do the banner later but it doesn't detract or distract from the rest of your work which has come out brilliant as always :smile.:

So Semper posted this little tidbit in the main ETL thread:

Now on to the Astartes. 

Right, altogether, they are heads and shoulders above other Factions, so I won't bother with that right now - it all boils down to completion rates... but it's too early to worry about that at this stage. But on a Forum level, well there is some stiff competition there.

Space Marines appear to be comfortably in the lead but upon closer inspection there are a few concerns. Firstly they seem to be running out of steam in the recruitment front. That clashes vividly with Blood Angels and Dark Angels that have added 7 and 6 new participants vs. just 2 for the Space Marines. Yet the Space Marines have managed to protect their average vow at 697pts - still higher than the Blood Angels 644 - that means they can afford to narrow the lead they have in participants and still have the edge. Dark Angels though, well, they have different dynamics. They have 36 participants (vs. BAs with 37 and SMs with 45) but with an average vow of 770 (still lower than the ETL average) and fairly well distributed. They have more points pledged than the BAs and are some 5k points behind the SMs. So anything can still happen between those three Forums and it all depends how Week 2 and Week 3 progress. Week 4 may prove to be too late although if still close, Week 4 may be deciding.

So from the half-way point in week two (yes, really :eek:) We're on course for one out of three goals. For the other two, we're chasing down C:SM for participants (and thus vows and vow averages), whilst simultaneously in a right old scrap with the Dark Angels for whom if this was a boxing match, would be winning on points so far.

Right now, it's all to play for. Your endeavour, demeanour, and professionalism can't be faulted; it's a joy to watch our little corner of the B&C fight amongst the favourites ETL after ETL, but now we need to turn the screw and apply some more early pressure. If you're reading this and have been lurking so far we need you to commit and help us kick on - there's less than 17 days to register for our ETL campaign but the sooner you commit the sooner you can start :)

You've stretched that picture, right? Everything seems so tall :eek:: What Contemptor have you used as a base model again?

No, no stretching. Just a from-the-table-level shot, however the picture might have been a little compressed by the screen resolution now that I look at it.

he Contemptor is a standard plastic one from the Betrayal at Calth box with some added bitz. I repositioned the right leg (cut-off, then put a plastic rod inside to imitate the axis and strenghten the whole construction). The left leg along with the lower part of the torso are positioned at an angel to give it a forward motion. The upper torso was also cut off and magnetized so that it can be rotated.

Here are some close-up pictures of the legs and 2 shots of the close to the original stance versus the more dynamic one. Arms are also magnetized and can be moved around as the original ball joints (and the arms own weight) allow,

gallery_105306_14251_46033.jpg

Here we go. One almost done Gravis Captain. Only highlights, the powersword and probably the base as well to be done.

Ym4OZzj.jpg
And I just noticed there's still some clean up to do as well. Blame the bad lighting yesterday. ^^
 What colour power sword? As for the model, you really need to show off your collection more http://1.1.1.1/bmi/image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

To be honest I've never done any power weapon effect before so this'll be my first. I think I'll go with the classic blue.

I've been thinking about starting a project thread for my army and I'll probably do it once I've got some more free time. ;)

Nice vow Thoridon, I think that's maybe our first "normal" Knight entry too? How do you plan on tackling them - batch, mini-batch, individually?

I'm starting with batch painting the red as that'll be the main thing. After that I'll probably switch to finishing squads one by one with the detail work, and then do all the basing at the end. Will see how it goes though :)

I, Gunzhard rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and their successors. I vow to complete a (scibor) Sanguinius rendition, to be counted-as "the Sanguinor [170 points]".

Welcome to the event Gunzard and thanks for joining in :smile.: He's going to look really cool once he's all done up - do we have a link for that model in our third party database?

Thanks, yeah there's a link to Scibor Archangel's in there but I'm not sure if this exact one is still available; I bought 2 of them many years ago and have been afraid to paint them. Now that I have an even nice Kabuki "Sanguinius" I don't care as much haha.

Finished the wings... and had a disaster with the power sword, darn primer started to peel off!!!

Wings

sanguinius wings

Sword disaster ack!

sanguinius sword peel

I, Xenith, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

5 tactical marines: melta, combi melta, power sword
Chaplain with Jump Pack: Inferno pistol
Captain: Thunderhammer combi grav (modelled on bike)
Mephiston, Lord of Death
Tycho the Lost

Primaris Ancient
Land Raider Proteus
Storm Hawk interceptor: 2x assault cannons, Typhoon missile launcher, las talon

of total value 1186 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_58096_11765_694829.jpg

The Land raider has only had spray basecoats - black, then red after the tracks were masked. Hopefully this is acceptable. Characters are sprayed black, apart from Tycho the lost. Stormhawk is on sprue in the box.

@ Jolemai- the eye sockets are white. I think the flash makes them look brighter than they are actually.

The dread base was a experiment (never done a grid base this size). I was going for a steel grating look.

Most of it is plastic grid (used for yarn work) with hobby sticks (basically popsicle sticks) for 'framing'.

Normally the grid looks good enough, but for a large base, I wanted to dress it up more

@ Jolemai- the eye sockets are white. I think the flash makes them look brighter than they are actually.

The dread base was a experiment (never done a grid base this size). I was going for a steel grating look.

Most of it is plastic grid (used for yarn work) with hobby sticks (basically popsicle sticks) for 'framing'.

Normally the grid looks good enough, but for a large base, I wanted to dress it up more

Should be pretty cool, we don't often see Dreads on industrial/gantry bases despite them being utterly hideous opponents in such confined spaces :tu:

No, no stretching. Just a from-the-table-level shot, however the picture might have been a little compressed by the screen resolution now that I look at it.

he Contemptor is a standard plastic one from the Betrayal at Calth box with some added bitz. I repositioned the right leg (cut-off, then put a plastic rod inside to imitate the axis and strenghten the whole construction). The left leg along with the lower part of the torso are positioned at an angel to give it a forward motion. The upper torso was also cut off and magnetized so that it can be rotated.

Here are some close-up pictures of the legs and 2 shots of the close to the original stance versus the more dynamic one. Arms are also magnetized and can be moved around as the original ball joints (and the arms own weight) allow,

gallery_105306_14251_46033.jpg

Thanks for the close ups and the in-depth explanation for him, his pose is really striking for a plastic Contemptor :)

Welcome to the event Gunzard and thanks for joining in :smile.: He's going to look really cool once he's all done up - do we have a link for that model in our third party database?

Thanks, yeah there's a link to Scibor Archangel's in there but I'm not sure if this exact one is still available; I bought 2 of them many years ago and have been afraid to paint them. Now that I have an even nice Kabuki "Sanguinius" I don't care as much haha.

Finished the wings... and had a disaster with the power sword, darn primer started to peel off!!!

Wings

Sword disaster ack!

:eek: is it salvageable without stripping? Could you hide it with something or go over it?

I, Xenith, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

5 tactical marines: melta, combi melta, power sword

Chaplain: Inferno pistol, jump pack

Captain: Thunderhammer, twin bolter, combi grav (modelled as master crafted bolter on bike)

Mephiston, Lord of Death

Tycho the Lost

Primaris Ancient

Land Raider Proteus

Storm Hawk interceptor: 2x assault cannons, Typhoon missile launcher, las talon

of total value 1216 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_58096_11765_694829.jpg

The Land raider has only had spray basecoats - black, then red after the tracks were masked. Hopefully this is acceptable. Characters are sprayed black, apart from Tycho the lost. Stormhawk is on sprue in the box.

.. and her comes honoured veteran Xenith leading the third wave of reinforcements, and what a vow too!

Nice to see a DC Tycho being painted up (the UofW series still needs one) and that Proteus <3<3

.. and her comes honoured veteran Xenith leading the third wave of reinforcements, and what a vow too!

Nice to see a DC Tycho being painted up (the UofW series still needs one) and that Proteus <3<3

Cheers man, 12 models should be ok I think!

I'm on vacaction mid July to mid august, so I have 8 weeks to do this in. Plenty more where it came from also - I just seen how much a Sicaran Venator costs in the index :biggrin.:

And it just got a little smaller :-) :

Hidden Content
gallery_60109_5815_775284.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_680168.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_353616.jpggallery_60109_5815_1968419.jpg

Cheers

LM

Weathering is fantastic so far; I'm too afraid to do that to my Blood Angels... Is it all sponge work?

It was a mixture of sponge and weathering powder. If I hadn't done it, I would have ended up with a very unattractive yellow brick to show for all my hard work. I think you can get away with not doing it with Red more so than yellow.

Cheers

LM

Venerable Jazzman rises to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels, and vow to complete Commander Dante and 5 Sanguinary Guard, worth 366 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. (again :biggrin.:)

Click for bigger piccies.

gWc4HEG8_t.jpg

oLTZ6Fav_t.jpg

q0Xt73bg_t.jpg

@Captain Semper - I didn't read all the rules before posting and vowed a captain on bike from the index as it's not in the codex. I have since adjusted this to be a regular captain and costed the model from the codex, however it still features a bike, I hope this is ok?

We're doing pretty damned good. Going to finish up my scout squad by this weekend and put up my Dreadnought, second scout squad, Captain in Gravis Armour and maybe 5-10 Helblasters. Even with my light broken I should be able to do up these bigger units without issues. 

I silas7 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the blood angels and vow to complete:

1x Primaris captain

1x Primaris lieutenant

1x Primaris ancient

Worth 226 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/14585-etl-6/?view_style=large

P.S I'm doing all this without my desktop pc so uploading pictures is a real pita.

Archived