+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

@Captain Semper - I didn't read all the rules before posting and vowed a captain on bike from the index as it's not in the codex. I have since adjusted this to be a regular captain and costed the model from the codex, however it still features a bike, I hope this is ok?

Yes, it’s fine... :)

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

ETL VI - WEEK 2 UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Announcement_V2.jpg

+++ETL VI - WEEK 2 UPDATE+++

Week 2 is over. The momentum was kept alive, and there were some interesting developments. Let’s see them in detail:

ETL VI:

Total participants: 298

Total vows: 311

Total points pledged: 248,868pts

Average ETL vow: 800pts

Points completed: 6,866pts

ETL completion rate (CR): 2.8%

ETL score: 189

Well, we have almost reached 300 participants in the second week. We have also seen some completions and some re-vowing that brings the total vows to 311 while the average vow slightly dropped to 800pts from 814 at the end of Week 1, as is expected. Total points pledged are almost 250k while the completions are still a very small percentage of the total for completion rate to have any meaning. All in all participants increased by 47 or 19%, total points pledged increased by 20% and the average vow retreated by merely 2%.

I cannot stress enough the importance of new participants especially as we enter Week 3. It is historically proven that Week 1 has the lion’s share of participants and some of the initial enthusiasm spills over in Week 2. Before we enter Week 4 (the last whole week where new participants are accepted) where there is a normal pick-up in last -minute vowing, Week 3 is the most challenging as the Forum that keeps up the recruiting effort will enter the final stages of recruitment in a much better position, while those who let Week 3 go by idly will have a tough time to catch up. Remember, new participants can join the ETL until June 1stat 17:00 GMT! 

Now let’s see how the Factions & Forums performed:

Adeptus Astartes:

Total participants: 141

Total vows: 148

Total points pledged: 110,925pts

Average vow: 750pts

Points completed: 2,788pts

ETL completion rate (CR): 2.5%

ETL score: 70

The Big Picture:

The Adeptus Astartes kept the momentum going by adding 22 new participants in Week 2. They remain by far the most popular Faction but, as was the case in the past, it all will boil down to completion rates – not an area they usually excel! The new blood and the re-vowing have brought the average vow lower however to 750pts, a bit below the ETL average making completion rate all the more important! Still, this is the recruitment period so the focus must remain on bringing in new players – thus distributing the risk and maximising future chnces of success. 

Now let’s see the how the individual Forums performed:

Blood Angels: 

Total participants: 38

Total vows: 41

Total points pledged: 25,923pts

Average vow: 632pts

Points completed: 544pts

ETL completion rate (CR): 2.1%

ETL score: 11

The Blood Angels made a huge recruitment effort in Week 2 adding 11 new participants increasing their Week 1 participation levels by 37%! Furthermore, as mentioned above, this corresponded to 50% of all Astrates new additions. This was a spectacular performance!

But it came at a cost… The average vow contracted further from 680pts to 632pts – the lowest among the Astartes and some 170pts lower than the ETL average. There are two ways to improve on that: The first is that any new participants will need to pledge vows higher than the BA average and/or existing participants to make early completions and re-vow larger vows. Of course, having the higher average vow is not an aim in itself: higher participation might negated the need for higher vows altogether, provided they come with assorted completions! 

Right folks, as you can see our recruitment is going well and since the cut off for this post we have hit 39 participants (which surpasses ETL III and puts us on par with ETL II). It goes without saying that we need to crank this up past ETL I (46) and get it closer to ETL V (54) in order to be where we want to be.* We're still behind the pace setters of the C:SM and C:DA but it's fine to let them dictate the flow for now. However, we need to look over our shoulders as the Loyalists of the AoD board are getting their act together, as are the Guard.

Get talking to those collecting BA and get them involved! It doesn't matter the size of the vow. Anything > 700 is great but each little vow gets us more points on the board and cranks up our completion percentage which will hold us in good stead. Meanwhile, continue to churn out those awesome models as you're all doing brilliant work so far. Sanguinius would be proud :happy.:

* ETL IV saw us with 83 participants and we need to go some to get near that...

I Closet Skeleton rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the [Forum] and vow to complete 15 death company with jump packs wielding 2 inferno pistols, thunder hammer, power sword, hand flamer, power fist of total value 351 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_85153_13565_1396137.png

I've got a ton more BA stuff to paint but I'm starting with one unit due to having other stuff to get done this month and a Dark Eldar army I should really be painting once I get some BA out of the way.

I tried highlighting edges last night on one of my scouts. It did not end well and I had to paint black back over it. Working on the faces now. I don't like painting models this small without my magnifying glass. I get paid next week. Just hope it gives me enough time to complete these 5 scouts and put in some additional models. I'll build the models up in the time being and take pictures so they are ready to post up the weekend after this weekend. 

Being old and blind is a horrible experience! lol!

I tried highlighting edges last night on one of my scouts. It did not end well and I had to paint black back over it. Working on the faces now. I don't like painting models this small without my magnifying glass. I get paid next week. Just hope it gives me enough time to complete these 5 scouts and put in some additional models. I'll build the models up in the time being and take pictures so they are ready to post up the weekend after this weekend.

Being old and blind is a horrible experience! lol!

As you're already involved with the ETL you have until the 1st August to complete any outstanding vows. The deadline of June 1st is for new participants (so don't worry) :)

Holy Hell on Terra, 12 pages of vows, progressions and completions already!?

And a wide variety of units and vehicles pledged!

Mr Yellow, that is one impressive Assault Ram! (Still undecided if I should dare to get one!) It looks so life-like and realistic and the paint job with those checkers is astonishing!

Mightykin, he looks frightingly epic! Nice work of balancing the red, black and gold! ...and I could never do those edge highlights. (Trust me. I have given up on that technique...)

Spagunk, I don't know why, but your Squad gives me vibes of nostalgia - but the good, cherished kind! Nice work!

And to all my Brothers and Sisters among Sanguinius' Children:

I know how stubborn we all probably are and how much we can do in the last few days of the ETL, when the pressure is high and the nights are long, BUT...

This is a long hunt ...and we don't want to see the simple men and women of the Imperium, the disgusting Xenos or the elderly Historians of an Age long gone win! Especially not the damned Traitors and their foul creatures!

So chip away at your vow, if in any way possible!
Any Bolter, Marking or Face painted today, is one you do not need to paint tomorrow!
Look into the Threads of your Brother-Astartes' Chapters for Inspiration and Motivations!
Compliment, Advise and Critique where you can! This is a joined effort.

Most of all: We all are HIS Space Marines... and we shall know no fear!

As you're already involved with the ETL you have until the 1st August to complete any outstanding vows. The deadline of June 1st is for new participants (so don't worry) :smile.:

Ohhh sweet! So I can keep submitting new units up until the 1st August? Wheeeww! Thanks a bunch for the update! I'm going buy and build the units I actually want to build then and not just spam what I have laying around! :happy.:

As you're already involved with the ETL you have until the 1st August to complete any outstanding vows. The deadline of June 1st is for new participants (so don't worry) :smile.:

Ohhh sweet! So I can keep submitted new units up until 1st August? Wheeeww! Thanks a bunch for the update! I'm going buy and build the units I actually want to build then and not just spam what I have laying around! ^_^

...to a maximum of five vows. With the Scouts being your second that leaves you with three to go (once your magnifying glass is back in action that is). My advice here is obviously to paint what you want as this will help keep you motivated, but to also group stuff together that you can paint at the same time.

For example, I'm currently doing some Chaplains and a DC Lasback as they are all black. The reds come next...

...to a maximum of five vows. With the Scouts being your second that leaves you with three to go (once your magnifying glass is back in action that is). My advice here is obviously to paint what you want as this will help keep you motivated, but to also group stuff together that you can paint at the same time.

For example, I'm currently doing some Chaplains and a DC Lasback as they are all black. The reds come next...

Ohhh snap! okay. I'm hoping to get my order of 9 boxes of Scout Bikers in on my next paycheck. We'll see if they are still available then. If so I'll try and paint them up in two intervals and then see if I have time to get the 18 Aggressors, capt smash and my librarian in on time. Could possibly get my entire army up and running by August. That would be awesome! Just wish I could paint better now lol! Practice makes perfect though right?

Sword... not my best but since this was actually the 4th attempt I'm calling it done!

Looks beautiful. Especially with THAT base in the back.

Aothaine: ugh, 18 aggressors... you're gonna need a big bucket for all those dices, sir :D

Okay, WIP for me.

Im calling 40% of my 1st Vow is done.

med_gallery_104017_14504_1020057.jpg

2 of my scout units just need basing, and one of my marine units needs a couple of washes and some highlights and Basing. I was going to base every 10 models, but decided last second I'd rather do it once I had finished the full group.

As a bonus, the sniper scouts are the models I have had the longest in my shame pile. That feels nice, especially since I don't now know what is the oldest in my shame pile.

And I can now say that the pile for vow 2 is currently a Forgeworld Chaplin Dread, a Captain Smash, A Priest, A Lieutenant, a Lasback, and a 5 Man Devistator sqd. I'll figure points once I'm done with this lot. I also have some other units/models to add, but I don't want to over commit myself. My time just became more limited than I thought it would be. I went from 3 to 5 painting evenings a week to 1 to 2.

Welcome to the new recruits, the BAs are doing a marvellous ETL so far with 42 participants vs. 49 of SMs the ETL leaders! At this point you have surpassed DAs and Chaos Marines!

Now the numbers alone have boosted your total pledged points but the average vow is relatively low. There are two ways to read this: 1) You're vulnerable in case other factions also increase their participation at a higher average vow, 2) you're better off when it comes to completion rates as smaller vows generally enjoy higher completions! 

Good luck to all! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Venerable Jazzman rises to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels, and vow to complete Commander Dante and 5 Sanguinary Guard, worth 366 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. (again :biggrin.:)

Click for bigger piccies.

gWc4HEG8_t.jpg

oLTZ6Fav_t.jpg

q0Xt73bg_t.jpg

Nice to see you back in action Jazzman and that is a sweet looking Dante. Was it easy to convert?

I silas7 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the blood angels and vow to complete:

1x Primaris captain

1x Primaris lieutenant

1x Primaris ancient

Worth 226 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/14585-etl-6/?view_style=large

P.S I'm doing all this without my desktop pc so uploading pictures is a real pita.

Welcome to the event and that's a nice little vow you've made - are you painting them a typical BA scheme or with some variations?

Having a link to the images like you've done is fine btw :)

Venerable Jazzman rises to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels, and vow to complete Commander Dante and 5 Sanguinary Guard, worth 366 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. (again :biggrin.:)

Click for bigger piccies.

gWc4HEG8_t.jpg

Nice to see you back in action Jazzman and that is a sweet looking Dante. Was it easy to convert?

I think that's the blood angels chaplain with a sanguinary guard axe arm and head; and saltires greenstuffed over?

And the Axe Mortalis got elongated! Great work really. I'd say that this suit of armor looks post-Devastation. Additional embellishments marking Dante's near-fall (although known only to him) while at the same time marking his rebirth, growth and also new rank as Warden of the Imperium Nihilus.

I Closet Skeleton rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the [Forum] and vow to complete 15 death company with jump packs wielding 2 inferno pistols, thunder hammer, power sword, hand flamer, power fist of total value 351 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_85153_13565_1396137.png

I've got a ton more BA stuff to paint but I'm starting with one unit due to having other stuff to get done this month and a Dark Eldar army I should really be painting once I get some BA out of the way.

Lamenters vows are always welcomed and a joy to see painted. All the best with it :tu:

Okay, WIP for me.

Im calling 40% of my 1st Vow is done.

med_gallery_104017_14504_1020057.jpg

2 of my scout units just need basing, and one of my marine units needs a couple of washes and some highlights and Basing. I was going to base every 10 models, but decided last second I'd rather do it once I had finished the full group.

As a bonus, the sniper scouts are the models I have had the longest in my shame pile. That feels nice, especially since I don't now know what is the oldest in my shame pile.

And I can now say that the pile for vow 2 is currently a Forgeworld Chaplin Dread, a Captain Smash, A Priest, A Lieutenant, a Lasback, and a 5 Man Devistator sqd. I'll figure points once I'm done with this lot. I also have some other units/models to add, but I don't want to over commit myself. My time just became more limited than I thought it would be. I went from 3 to 5 painting evenings a week to 1 to 2.

Your vow is coming along really well and you're making good progress :)

For points, I used Battlescribe to tally everything up quickly (and it's accurate/up-to-date at the moment too which helps), but it's definitely best that you don't over-extend yourself if RL is starting to affect things :)

Painting is underway. I'll hopefully get some of the things to a finished state over the weekend.

Off camping for the weekend in a few hours so seeing some WIPs when I get back would be great :)

Painting is underway. I'll hopefully get some of the things to a finished state over the weekend.

Off camping for the weekend in a few hours so seeing some WIPs when I get back would be great :smile.:

Rest assured, photo spam incoming. 

Archived