+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I was planning to get my first vow done this weekend ... then I remembered there's a huge party I'm invited to this weekend as well. I guess I'll finish it next weekend then lol

Rest assured, photo spam incoming.

Now that you've mentioned it :biggrin.:

gallery_105306_14251_70805.jpg

...my Contemptor is good to go. With room for some additional work surely. But hey, not all battle honors appear at once right?

EDIT: My plans for weekend has just been thoroughly ... WARPED. But I plan to go through as much of the remaining Devastators, Assback and Captain as possible. Next week will see my vow completed.

Rest assured, photo spam incoming.

Now that you've mentioned it :biggrin.:

gallery_105306_14251_70805.jpg

...my Contemptor is good to go. With room for some additional work surely. But hey, not all battle honors appear at once right?

EDIT: My plans for weekend has just been thoroughly ... WARPED. But I plan to go through as much of the remaining Devastators, Assback and Captain as possible. Next week will see my vow completed.

Heh, I'd already saved the photos of your dread to my plagiarism/inspiration folder, looks great!

And for my second vow...

I SM1981 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought, 274pts:

Aiolos missile launcher [30pts]

Arachnus heavy lascannon battery [75pts]

Twin heavy flamer [34pts]

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought, 239pts:

Aiolos missile launcher [30pts]

Hellfire plasma carronade [40pts]

Twin heavy flamer [34pts]

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought, 356pts:

Cyclonic melta lance [75pts]

2x Heavy flamer [34pts]

Leviathan siege claw [72pts]

Meltagun [17pts]

Baal Predator, 166pts:

Storm bolter [2pts]

Twin assault cannon [44pts]

Two heavy bolters [20pts]

++ Total: 1035pts ++

On or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_88305_14576_217361.jpg

gallery_88305_14576_304497.jpg

gallery_88305_14576_1039300.jpg

Okay, WIP for me.

Im calling 40% of my 1st Vow is done.

med_gallery_104017_14504_1020057.jpg

2 of my scout units just need basing, and one of my marine units needs a couple of washes and some highlights and Basing. I was going to base every 10 models, but decided last second I'd rather do it once I had finished the full group.

As a bonus, the sniper scouts are the models I have had the longest in my shame pile. That feels nice, especially since I don't now know what is the oldest in my shame pile.

And I can now say that the pile for vow 2 is currently a Forgeworld Chaplin Dread, a Captain Smash, A Priest, A Lieutenant, a Lasback, and a 5 Man Devistator sqd. I'll figure points once I'm done with this lot. I also have some other units/models to add, but I don't want to over commit myself. My time just became more limited than I thought it would be. I went from 3 to 5 painting evenings a week to 1 to 2.

Your vow is coming along really well and you're making good progress :smile.:

For points, I used Battlescribe to tally everything up quickly (and it's accurate/up-to-date at the moment too which helps), but it's definitely best that you don't over-extend yourself if RL is starting to affect things :smile.:

I figured the points at one point, but I am still strapped for time. So I'm doing it again later when its more pertinent. On the Plus side, that second vow is going to go from 31 models to 10. This is going to be my first of the current style Rhino Chasis, so I'm excited.

:wacko.:

@ Majkhel: That is super-awesome work man.... stunning!

@ SM1981: this is excellent play sir, excellent! A small vow to begin with, a great result in a timely fashion, followed by a (what we used to call) super vow! Best of luck!

@ Mr. Yellow: Great free-hand and weathering man! :tu: Truly impressive and more so the extensive use of yellow!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Mr. Yellow: Great free-hand and weathering man! :thumbsup: Truly impressive and more so the extensive use of yellow!

All hail the yellow!

Seriously, I'm starting to regret the choice of a yellow army WITH chequered shoulder pads.

Cheers

LM

All hail the yellow!

Seriously, I'm starting to regret the choice of a yellow army WITH chequered shoulder pads.

Cheers

LM

LAMENTERS, remember? :D

And really awesome weathering. That big a model truly let's you do a lot. I love the rust on the middle section. Although the melta-thing looks a little too pristine by comparison.

I silas7 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the blood angels and vow to complete:

1x Primaris captain

1x Primaris lieutenant

1x Primaris ancient

Worth 226 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-endhttp://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/14585-etl-6/?view_style=large

P.S I'm doing all this without my desktop pc so uploading pictures is a real pita.

Welcome to the event and that's a nice little vow you've made - are you painting them a typical BA scheme or with some variations?

Having a link to the images like you've done is fine btw :)

Mine are going to be the carmine blades, and because it's a Primaris dominant force the more barbaric practices that this successor is known for are not really present leaving them to embrace the heritage of their geneseed and bring honor to the chapter.

First vow completed! Feels good. Lots of detail on these Blood Angels models. I will now think hard about what to vow in my next vow.

Extra pics in spoilers. I am leaving the bases in “snowy” style for now, as I can’t decide on the basing scheme, and I actually think the white bases look pretty good.

Company Veterans:

365O3N3.jpg

VV SGT:

e3eipDi.jpg

Slashy Brothers:

IzIpgep.jpg

Shielded Brothers:

0WzfQ6I.jpg

Okay, I'm going to do a very small entry to participate. If I finish Calen in a humble time frame I will vow subsequent vows and hopefully add more to our final total. [pictures to follow this afternoon]

I Sanguinary Noviate Dont-Be-Haten rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete Captain Calen of the Carmine Blades: Equipped with Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, & Storm Shield of total value 129 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_92746_14190_527780.png

Edit: added picture

Progress on all of my vowed models so far. Messy spray job on the Proteus cleaned up and guns and tracks are now solid black. Basecoats down on mephiston and the primaris ancient, but most effort has been going into the chaplain:

gallery_58096_11797_437302.jpg

More pics in my plog soon. We have a long weekend in Switzerland, and I intend to make the most of it!

I, Zebulon rise a second time to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and Angels Resplendent, and vow to complete the models listed below on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

https://i.imgur.com/JlalbtU.jpg

Box containing 5-man tactical squad (1 heavy flamer, 1 hand flamer) and Not Karlaen (to be known as Capt. Neal Rakton or maybe Capt. Ron Kantela :) ) all assembled during Blood and Zeal and ready for the paint table!

https://i.imgur.com/Slh3zRN.jpg

Chaplain: eyes painted red only. Hope acceptable.

https://i.imgur.com/LOdoGOX.jpg

Limited edition Captain. Plasma coils painted but will repaint those anyway. Acceptable?

https://i.imgur.com/sJJunPb.jpg

Jump pack Chaplain, gorgeous model deserving better than the paint job I can give it.

Vow total: 473 points.

Pretty much finished with my vow (Scibor Archangel / Sanguinius) counts-as the Sanguinor... gotta say, that resin sculpt really makes me appreciate GW plastic. It had so many odd flaws and sections that I couldn't tell which other section they were a part of... the face itself was also kinda messed up. From far away, it looks great though with a dynamic pose, up close ...ehhh not so great.

Anyway I'll finish it up and post pics tonight.

Well ok here goes. Vow complete!

So if I decide to do another vow, when must I sign up?

Wow, he looks fantastic!! What is your recipe for the gold armor? 

For the next vow - just vow :) The dealine of the 1st June was for entering the competition as a whole. 

Archived