+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Nothing wrong, just humerous.

^ This – just made me smile, that's all. :laugh.: Although, if we did want to do some Blood Angels forum tote bags and water bottles, I may need to crack open my wallet for my upcoming vows! :rolleyes: 

Final week now for new recruits. If you're interested in joining the fun then don't delay, sign up today! Feel free to ask any questions either here or via PM too as we're all happy to help :smile.:

This feels like those public, crowd-funded pledge drives on the Public Broadcasting Service in the US:

"Come on everyone, we have until June 1st to make our goal, so please donate! Remember, at a donation level of $150.00 you get a free tote bag of a porpoise to go along with the water bottle you received at the $100.00 level ..."

Well, there is no set target, and certainly there is no minimum entry: enter whatever you like provided it's tabletop-legal.

Another update of my vow. Land Speeders almost finished and the same for the Vindicator, the photos are about ten days ago so now they are almost ready. I think I'm going to try a bit of weathering in the vehicles, buy some powder pigments and it will be the first time you use them.
On the other hand the captain is also almost finished, but I still do not take pictures. :blush.:
The most backward is the Predator Baal but at least it is already primed and with the base color. Do not take pictures of him either. :blush.:
If everything goes well I calculate that for 10 days the first vow could be ending. I'm already thinking about the second one. :biggrin.:
gallery_70994_14469_276751.jpg

gallery_70994_14469_135765.jpg

How did you do the Chapter Badge? especially on the tank... is it free hand? :o

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I paladin777, first of this name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete two 5 man squads of intercessors with auxiliary launchers and sergeant power swords, one lieutenant with a power sword and Storm Bolter, and a jump Librarian with force axe and Melta pistol for a total of 387 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_95687_14212_1254043.jpeg
I have confirmation from Captain Semper that this is an acceptable starting point.
med_gallery_95687_14403_557715.jpeg

med_gallery_95687_14403_606467.jpeg

Vow complete!

med_gallery_95687_14403_1033777.jpeg
med_gallery_95687_14403_724707.jpeg
med_gallery_95687_14403_766715.jpeg
med_gallery_95687_14403_581147.jpeg
med_gallery_95687_14403_464654.jpeg
med_gallery_95687_14403_248781.jpeg

I’m not sure what my next vow will be, but I’ve got a bunch of stuff to choose from!

Edit: provided pictures instead of links.

I've made some very sparse progress. Blue squad has been the primary focus and as such they have had their accessories, weapons, and armor painted a little bit at a time. It's been the usual back and forth touch-up battle between the black of the joints and the red of the armor. So, to summarize more exactly...

Blue Squad Progress:

1. Armor base coat touched up

2. Black touched up

3. Applied a brighter blue over the kneepad base coat

4. Pouches and grenades base coated

4. Touched up the armor again

6. Gave the weapons another 2 black washes to bring them closer to gunmetal

Total vow progress:

1. Base coated the base with Zandri Dust

2. Dry brushed (messily) the bases Ushabti Bone

3. Bit the bullet and bought a 5-man box of Intercessors to add the sergeant and grenade launcher to the third squad.

Once I have the 2 missing guys built the 3 identical squads will rolling down the line. That will bring the vow to the 3 squads of sergeant, grenade launcher, and 3 bolt rifles. The WIP shots are still pretty garbage and the guys look super basic. I'm staying with the crisp clean look that will match the rest of the boys.

med_gallery_26057_14530_186278.jpg

gallery_26057_14530_83879.jpg

med_gallery_26057_14530_178494.jpg

Vow Complete

ETL 2018 Vow 1 Completion

PS:

< Snip >

Well, there is no set target, and certainly there is no minimum entry: enter whatever you like provided it's tabletop-legal.

Sorry all; I don't think that my sense of humor translated well in this format. I just meant for those comments to be in jest! :whistling:  :rolleyes: :happy.: 

I've made some very sparse progress. Blue squad has been the primary focus and as such they have had their accessories, weapons, and armor painted a little bit at a time. It's been the usual back and forth touch-up battle between the black of the joints and the red of the armor. So, to summarize more exactly...

Blue Squad Progress:

1. Armor base coat touched up

2. Black touched up

3. Applied a brighter blue over the kneepad base coat

4. Pouches and grenades base coated

4. Touched up the armor again

6. Gave the weapons another 2 black washes to bring them closer to gunmetal

Total vow progress:

1. Base coated the base with Zandri Dust

2. Dry brushed (messily) the bases Ushabti Bone

3. Bit the bullet and bought a 5-man box of Intercessors to add the sergeant and grenade launcher to the third squad.

Once I have the 2 missing guys built the 3 identical squads will rolling down the line. That will bring the vow to the 3 squads of sergeant, grenade launcher, and 3 bolt rifles. The WIP shots are still pretty garbage and the guys look super basic. I'm staying with the crisp clean look that will match the rest of the boys.

med_gallery_26057_14530_186278.jpg

gallery_26057_14530_83879.jpg

med_gallery_26057_14530_178494.jpg

I'm the jealous mad dog in the background who is unsure what to take out first.

Final week now for new recruits. If you're interested in joining the fun then don't delay, sign up today! Feel free to ask any questions either here or via PM too as we're all happy to help :smile.:

This feels like those public, crowd-funded pledge drives on the Public Broadcasting Service in the US:

"Come on everyone, we have until June 1st to make our goal, so please donate! Remember, at a donation level of $150.00 you get a free tote bag of a porpoise to go along with the water bottle you received at the $100.00 level ..."

Another update of my vow. Land Speeders almost finished and the same for the Vindicator, the photos are about ten days ago so now they are almost ready. I think I'm going to try a bit of weathering in the vehicles, buy some powder pigments and it will be the first time you use them.
On the other hand the captain is also almost finished, but I still do not take pictures. :blush.:
The most backward is the Predator Baal but at least it is already primed and with the base color. Do not take pictures of him either. :blush.:
If everything goes well I calculate that for 10 days the first vow could be ending. I'm already thinking about the second one. :biggrin.:
gallery_70994_14469_276751.jpg

gallery_70994_14469_135765.jpg

How did you do the Chapter Badge? especially on the tank... is it free hand? :ohmy.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hi Semper, I wish it were freehand, it's a decal from the old decalsheet of Blood Angels and Succesors from Forgeworld. :wink:

A lot of completions so far - well done Angels of Blood! I wish though to see more recruits... After all, this is still the recruitment period, with less than a week to go...

@ james71989: A very impressive model to be sure! Ad it's huge! :eek: Well done man - now on to the rest of your vow! 

@ Paladin777: Congratulations Paladin, they look the part! And you have another vow coming in too... Party on! :laugh.:

@ Brother Aether: Congrats on your completion! Will you be going for another one? Also don't worry about it, it's just that we do not have the same reference points to appreciate it. :biggrin.:

@ Zebulon: Great stuff, keep walking man! 

@ Mandaloriano: Well applied then - are they still available? Pity if they're not - they look great and it's a Chapter symbol that although it looks easy to replicate it's almost impossible to get right free hand - very unforgiving...

@ Zeller: I think your vow is developing really well mate - an impressive production line there. Very tidy, very Blood Angel-y. Keep going - this is coming out really well!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ Captain Semper:

*Looking over the greenstuff, partially completed models, and spray primer*

I will plan to do 1 or 2 additional vows, but I am currently working on piecing together and priming a few models (also, I'm awaiting a few bits arriving via the post). Depending on how the next couple of days go, I will either give 1 small vow with a plan to do a third small vow later, or one large second vow. :wink:

So the good news is the World of Tanks May event is over, and. I can actually get some painting done!

Land raider nearly done.

Psycho Tycho assembled and undercoated

Stormhawk assembled

Raxiatel undercoated

Mephiston and primaris ancient in progress.

So the good news is the World of Tanks May event is over, and. I can actually get some painting done!

Land raider nearly done.

Stormhawk assembled

Raxiatel undercoated

Pictures or it doesn't count! :D

After really busy weeks in work, I finally had some time to start working on my wov. Dante should be ready by the end of the day. Could have finished it yesterday, but I managed to mess up with few experiments and needed to paint big part of the model again..

I MAJKHEL rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

1 Astorath the Grim, High Chaplain of the Blood Angels,

1 Captain Erasmus Tycho,

1 Stormtalon gunship with twin assault canon and Typhoon missile launcher,

1 Terminator Ancient with thunder hammer,

5 Hellblasters with plasma incinerators,

3 Inceptors with assault bolters,

1 Armiger Warglaives with Reaper chain-cleaver, thermal spear and meltagun,

for a total value of 1111 pts on or before August 1st, 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14251/gallery_105306_14251_917116.jpg

I paladin777, first of this name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a kitbashed Dante, a sanguinary ancient with power fist and inferno pistol, and 8 sanguinary guard with 4 swords, 4 fists, and 2 inferno pistols for a total of 615 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_95687_14403_607798.jpeg

med_gallery_95687_14403_156324.jpeg

med_gallery_95687_14403_141489.jpeg

Quick update: A lot of my painting time was taken up by my looking for work stuff. So I neglected painting for most of the week. However, I put some time in and got some things done:

gallery_40907_9492_7659.jpg

gallery_40907_9492_28619.jpg

20/26 marines done. Just have the second half of this squad and the captain to finish. I am going to shoot for finishing them hopefully by at least Friday so I can vow my next stage.

Land raider nearly done.

Stormhawk assembled

Raxiatel undercoated

Pictures or it doesn't count! :biggrin.:

Pics now in my plog!

Good, news! I am thinking my vow is about 80% done. Mostly, because I didn't have the ability to get any games in this week, but I could use the same time to paint at least. Pic will be edited in this morning, but:

med_gallery_104017_14504_190545.jpg

Base coats are done. Everything is inked/washed. Just need to highlight up on the last 5 marines and 10 scouts plus the Captain.

I had a little bit of backwards movement this week, but it wasn't a huge deal. I had the "great Idea" TM to have the shields on the Shoulder pads only be on models with auxilary gernade Launchers... To make it easier for me to see them in game when I can't see the front of the model. So I carefully carved them off the now wrong models, and put them on the new models. And I think the gold/red on it should help make the figure easy to see.

Also, I could use some opinions. I'm thinking of making the Wings of the captain black. Or should I keep them white? I haven't 100% decided yet.

Some interesting follow-ups and great progress overall - Spagunk, that's some awesome red there! :thumbsup:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Good work everyone! I've got a picture of my vow progress to share today. I've been running her the last few weeks at 1500 and it's done pretty well.

33871326_2044661945575174_24387999839236

Sorry for the lack of progress/pictures, I've been busy with shiny new dancing elfs and a genestealer cults commission. 

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for a second time) to complete:

i/ the 1st captain, Captain in Terminator Armour with Combi-melta & Relic Blade [145]

ii/ the 2nd captain, Captain with Plasma pistol & Relic Blade [102]

iii/ the 3rd captain, Captain with Master-crafted Boltgun & Relic Blade [98]

iv/ Chaplain in Terminator Armour (metal) with Storm Bolter & Crozius Arcanum [102]

v/ Ancient in Terminator Armour with single Lightning Claw [116]

of total value 563 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

Took me a while to choose all the right bits from the box, there's also a hand made combi-melta from a model that never completed... and a salvaged banner from another unfinished model. Anything that has a layer of colour there, will be repainted to fit the new models, I 'm not trying to take shortcuts, we Blood Angels are artisans after all.

Today is a great day, because...

VOW COMPLETED !

gallery_93095_13469_255128.jpg

ETL6 Vow2 complete B

Meet the 1st captain Raphael (and accompanying chaplain and standard bearer), the 2nd captain Castiel, and the third captain Ramiel.

I 've never painted so many characters together, and that fast (all things considered)!

I went into further digging in my spares box until I was happy with the final result. We Blood Angels have so much bling to choose from, that some times you just can't decide on a shoulder pad or backpack...

I 'm very satisfied with the result and ready for the third vow...

Archived