+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

@ bushman: Wow! Now that's what I call a 3rd vow! :lol: That's the way to play though - well done man, your vow is registered!

@ CaptainHelion: :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

vow 3

I bushman101

rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels

and vow to complete;

Captain (MC bolter, relic blade)

Primarius Lieutenant (MB bolter)

Primarius Lieutenant

(power sword)

Primarius Lieutenant

​ (power sword)

Lieutenant (JP, T Hammer, MC bolter)

Lieutenant

​ (JP, S bolter)

Lieutenant

​ (JP, MC bolter, power sword)

Lieutenant

​ (JP, power sword, inferno pistol)

Lieutenant

​ (T Hammer, MC bolter)

Lieutenant

​ (MC bolter, power sword)

Lieutenant

​ (power sword, combi, plasma)

Lieutenant

​ (MC bolter, power fist)

Lieutenant

​ (combi plasma)

Lieutenant

​ (MC bolter)

of total value 1121

on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

I'll post a pic below, when the primer is dry....

Good work! Going for the entire chapter junior command?

To my shame, I managed no painting this weekend due to good weather. Gotta hope for some more storms to get some paint down!

Same here. Good weather and studying are at fault. Damn I'm so far behind schedule already. :wacko.:

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

ETL VI - WEEK 4 UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Announcement_V2.jpg

+++ETL VI - WEEK 4 UPDATE+++

So, Week 4 is past and gone – the last whole week for recruitment. Now there are just three days left to get new participants in before the doors of ETL VI close forever! So how did Week 4 changed things?

Let’s see in detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX VI – Week 4
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 171 189 132,477 7018,425 6.4% 536 Space Marines 59 65 41,666 641 2,924 7.0% 205 Blood Angels 43 51 32,560 638 3,160 9.7% 307 Dark Angels 42 42 31,512 750 404 1.3% 5 Space Wolves 27 31 26,739 863 1,9377.2% 140 IFOR 59 63 55,954 888 4,8478.7% 420 Adepta Sororitas 6 6 3,270 545 0 0% 0 AdMech 11 12 7,333 611 240 3.3% 8 Astra Militarum 19 20 14,799 740 3,260 22.0% 718 Imperial Agents 11 11 16,717 1,520 0 0% 0 Grey Knights 2 2 2,658 1,329 0 0% 0 Deathwatch 10 12 11,177 931 1,347 12.1% 162 Realm of Chaos 57 67 45,352 731 2,390 5.3% 126 Chaos Space Marines 47 51 33,577 658 1,652 4.9% 81 Chaos Daemons 4 4 3,451 863 738 21.4% 158 LatD 6 7 8,324 1,189 0 0% 0 Xenos 39 40 25,587 690 1,445 5.2% 76 Aeldari 9 9 2,978 331 0 0% 0 Necrons 10 11 6,931 630 845 12.2% 103 Orks 4 4 2,893 723 600 20.7% 124 T’au Empire 13 13 12,295 946 0 0% 0 Tyranids 3 3 2,490 830 0 0% 0 AoD 43 51 46,474 911 5,465 11.8% 643 AoD-L 23 28 25,787 921 2,965 11.5% 341 AoD-T 20 23 20,687 899 2,500 12.1% 302

ETL VI – Week 4 overview

Week 4 saw a bigger recruitment than Week 3 with 42 new participants entering the fray to a total of 369. Furthermore, we’ve seen a number of completions and some re-vowing, thus increasing the total vows to 405 with the side-effect of lowering the average vow somewhat to 760pts from 779pts in Week 3. We’ve also seen some reshuffling in the Factions’ rankings in terms of participation, with IFOR now being second and ahead of Chaos in terms of points pledged (10.6k pts ahead in fact) while having a small lead in number of participants and number of vows. By comparison, the AoD was left a bit behind in terms of participants adding only 5 new players but their high average vow (the highest in the ETL at this point) puts them at par with Realm of Chaos in terms of points pledged. This puts more strain on the AoD crowd as fewer must do more, but don’t forget: the recruitment is not over yet!

The Xenos only increased their participants by 1 (another Tyranid player!) and one re-vowing that led to the lowering of the average vow to 690pts – the lowest in the ETL. Currently the Xenos have the lower following which combined with the lowest average vow is not a good recipe. So, here’s to hoping that the remaining three days of recruitment will yield great results! 

I left the Astartes for last. Right now, they seem to have the most participants and the more points pledged. They have a fairly low average vow but they more than make up for it with their numbers. The only thing they should be really careful is the completion rate that historically has been their weak point. 

Now let’s put the Factions in the microscope:

Adeptus Astartes:

The Blood Angels showed signs of fatigue in their recruitment effort. They did not add a single new participant in Week 3 allowing the Dark Angelsto effectively close the gap adding 5 new participants to their ranks. The re-vowing effort increased their average vow somewhat making it effectively at par with the Space Marines – but given their lack of numbers they should be consciously striving for more point-rich vows. The comparison with the Dark Angels is more telling as the latter managed to effectively close the gap in participant numbers and maintain their fairly high average vow. And at the moment the DAs have zero re-vowing. Once this goes underway, the difference in score vs. the Blood Angels will inevitably accumulate. So, both Forums will need to slug it out in these three remaining days of recruitment! 

Right then folks, it's up to us to make the difference! According to the ETL score we're sat in third but and have the third highest number of points pledged; we're going to have to keep the pressure up by completing these vows and going again in order to fend off the other suitors to the two solo ETL crowns - lest we be the bridesmaid again.

Having had a week away from my models I'm back to down the business on my own stuff, whilst simultaneously goggling in awe at the effort and commitment I see from you all with the past few pages of WIPs and completions! I'm only sorry I haven't the time for individual comments right now, but please keep on posting them for us all to see :)

Okay, so, gonna just jump back into it. Here is the images for Vow 2. (Mostly, because I was inspired by the Wall of Lieutenants above me to Kitbash the guy by himself last minute.

med_gallery_104017_14504_1282609.jpgmed_gallery_104017_14504_1110667.jpg

I do have some things to verify/ explain before I Vow: I ran out of red Spray paint, so everything from forgeworld got sprayed in white. The Death company I'm finally getting around to painting, were in a squad of 10. But I am breaking them into a squad of 6 and 4 to add to my existing and already painted squads of 9 and 11. If they didn't have differences in Jump-pack and not I'd just run them as the same unit. Can I enter the small squad of 4?

Finally, I know the 2 extra Razorback turrets are not going to count, but I want to get them painted at the same time, so pretend they don't exist. Its gonna be listed with the twin-las

Also, the three white characters have already been okayed.

Okay, so, gonna just jump back into it. Here is the images for Vow 2. (Mostly, because I was inspired by the Wall of Lieutenants above me to Kitbash the guy by himself last minute.

I do have some things to verify/ explain before I Vow: I ran out of red Spray paint, so everything from forgeworld got sprayed in white. The Death company I'm finally getting around to painting, were in a squad of 10. But I am breaking them into a squad of 6 and 4 to add to my existing and already painted squads of 9 and 11. If they didn't have differences in Jump-pack and not I'd just run them as the same unit. Can I enter the small squad of 4?

Finally, I know the 2 extra Razorback turrets are not going to count, but I want to get them painted at the same time, so pretend they don't exist. Its gonna be listed with the twin-las

If it's 6/4 packs/no packs, count one of the guys with a pack as Not having a pack to make 5/5

You lose the 2-3 pts for the pack, but are allowed to then vow the now legal unit.

THE DOORS OF ETL VI ARE CLOSED FOREVER TO NEW PARTICIPANTS!

ONLY VOWS OF EXISTING PARTICIPANTS WILL BE REGISTERED FROM THIS POINT ONWARDS 

Even knowing that I can make more vows.. I had a mini-panic attack seeing this lol! I should be able to finish up my scouts this weekend and move along to Vow #3!

I'm happy to see we're extremely close to the whole CSM faction. Now we just need to keep that momentum and actually finish our vows *mental note to kick myself for slacking the past weeks*

If it's 6/4 packs/no packs, count one of the guys with a pack as Not having a pack to make 5/5

You lose the 2-3 pts for the pack, but are allowed to then vow the now legal unit.

I'm in for that if its cool with People more in charge than I am.

Ok, so I have finished assembling the last part of my second vow and now stand ready to paint the following for the glory of the Blood Angels Lamenters Sub Forum:

1 Kharybdis Assault Claw

1 Caestus Assault Ram

1 Icarus Pattern Assault Ram - basically another Caestus ram

1 Relic Sicaran Battle Tank

Not sure about the total points cost for these, I'll edit with the total once I figure it out. 1165 points. Can't count apparently - 1325 points, thanks Jol

gallery_60109_5815_133189.jpg

Cheers

LM

Two Caestus and a Sicaran with lascannons weighs in at 955.

As it stands we don't have access to the Kharybdis yet (apparently we will when the relevant IA book is released late next year...)

Perhaps Semper will consider it as a counts-as Caestus (so 1325 total) rather than an OOC entry? It's about one and a half CARs in size and would make up the excess on the conversion :)

The usual slow as mud progress. I've made the third squad's sergeant and grenade launcher. I also made my primaris lieutenant that is not part of the vow, but along for the ride in the mean time. These kits, although lacking the flexibility of traditional marines via limited parts, are so sweet. The proportions and equipment you can put on them is nice.

med_gallery_26057_14530_542910.jpg

med_gallery_26057_14530_531737.jpg

med_gallery_26057_14530_184506.jpg

I'm in for that if its cool with People more in charge than I am.

I'm sure Semper will be around later today to confirm the minor count-as of a backpack. After that, you'll need to make the vow and you'll be free to start :thumbsup:

What are you looking forward to painting the most?

Right now, with the Counts as backpack 2 squads of five - we're looking at 1331 for points, and if I go the 6 and 4  who don't count option, it looks like 1250 for points. 

I'm literally waiting with my vow in a word doc to copy over as soon as I get the final call.

You can always send a PM to Captain Semper if you haven't already as he's the final judge of what's valid for ETL. I'm sure you'll be able to count a jump pack DC as a backpack one so you have two valid 5 man squads - it's more work for less points, which is generally no problem. There's a thread for each sub-forum so it's a lot of stuff for Semper to keep an eye on!

No worries guys - I'm here. Tons of work in the office as of late :rolleyes:

Fire Raptor complete:

Hidden Content

gallery_60109_5815_1204752.jpg
gallery_60109_5815_1043063.jpg
gallery_60109_5815_730722.jpg
gallery_60109_5815_458005.jpg

And with that, my first vow is now complete.

I am in the process of assembling my next vow together, I'll post it in the next few days.

Cheers
LM

Wow! What a finish to the vow! Excellent stuff ML - and a follow-up I see... I will accept the Charybdis as a count-as Caestus Ram so go ahead! :smile.:

Hidden Content

The way you paint your minis is your call. White, red, black, pancreas green... it is your artistic licence. However you must vow a legal squad. I understand your predicament so what it is already proposed (i.e. forgo the points of the jetpack for one of your jetpack models and count him as normal DC marine) can fly. Go right ahead.

I Ornithologist rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

1. Chaplain Venerable Dreadnaught with Twin Lascannon and Melee Weapon
  2. Slam Captain with Jumppack, Hammer, and Storm Shield
  3. Captain with Master Crafted Bolter and Power Sword
  4. Lieutenant with Jumppack, Powerfist, and Combi Melta
  5. Lieutenant with Grav-pistol and Chainsword
  6. Sanguinary Priest with Jumppack, Bolt pistol, and Chainsword
  7. 5 man Sternguard Veteran Squad with Melta, Gravgun, Combi-melta, Combi-grav, stormbolter and powerfist
  8. 5 man Deathcompany with Jumpacks, 2 Thunderhammers, 1 Powersword, 3 bolt pistols, 2 chainswords.
  9. 5 man Deathcompany with 1 Thunderhammer, and 4 with boltpistols and Chainswords. (One with Jump pack, but counted as on foot with approval).
  10. 5 man Devastator Squad with 4 Heavy flamers and one combi-flamer
  11. Razorback with Twin Lascannon and storm bolter.

Coming to a total value of 1331 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the oathbreaker until the year-end.

Not counting towards my vow, but I do have 2 extra Razorback turrets to paint and add to my collection. They’re getting done with the tank so I actually do it.

Bam! Now its time to paint some vehicles. Tonight. When I get time to do it.

Archived