+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

ETL VI - WEEK 5 UPDATE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Announcement_V2.jpg

+++ETL VI - WEEK 5 UPDATE+++

Week 5 is over and with that the teams are set. No new participants may enter this year’s ETL so the “human resources” for each Forum cannot be altered. It now falls upon those who took the oath to out-paint their rivals and emerge victorious on Aug 1st!

Let’s see in detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX VI – Week 5
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 185 214 142,367 66513,509 9.5% 1,282 Space Marines 6675 41,666 588 3,659 8.3% 304 Blood Angels 45 57 37,083 651 5,905 15.9% 940 Dark Angels 45 48 33,425 696 1,666 5.0% 83 Space Wolves 29 34 27,772 817 2,2798.2% 187 IFOR 67 74 65,803 889 6,4279.8% 628 Adepta Sororitas 6 7 4,303 615 519 12.1% 63 AdMech 13 15 8,717 581 480 5.5% 26 Astra Militarum 21 23 17,308 753 3,260 18.8% 614 Imperial Agents 12 12 19,869 1,656 0 0% 0 Grey Knights 2 2 2,658 1,329 0 0% 0 Deathwatch 13 15 12,948 863 2,168 16.7% 363 Realm of Chaos 67 74 49,153 664 4,556 9.3% 422 Chaos Space Marines 55 61 36,980 606 3,068 8.3% 255 Chaos Daemons 4 4 3,451 863 738 21.4% 158 LatD 8 9 8,722 969 750 8.6% 64 Xenos 41 44 29,060 660 1,703 5.9% 100 Aeldari 10 10 3,118 312 0 0% 0 Necrons 10 11 6,931 630 845 12.2% 103 Orks 4 5 3,600 720 600 16.7% 363 T’au Empire 13 13 12,295 946 0 0% 0 Tyranids 4 5 3,116 623 258 8.3% 21 AoD 47 60 51,676 861 11,851 22.9% 2,718 AoD-L 26 35 30,559 873 6,802 22.3% 1,514 AoD-T 21 25 21,117 845 5,049 23.9% 1,207 Total ETL VI 407 466 338,059 725 38,046 11.3% 4,282

ETL VI – Week 5 overview

The ETL VI managed to attract 407 participants across all forums. It also some serious re-vowing with total vows reaching 466 implying some 23 second or third vows… The total points pledged at the end of the period stood at 338k and growing strong. Predictably, the average vow of the ETL declined further to 725pts vs. 760 pts last week. We are now past the 1/3 point of the event and we’re entering the most difficult period where the initial enthusiasm wanes and the end is still too far into the future to give us a sense of false security. In fact, the next 4 Weeks will be crucial as to which Forum or Faction will make the difference and which will run out of steam! By early July procrastination will have settled for good and it will take large quantities of self-discipline to return to the fray. So, my advice is: don’t relax – keep going! Maintain the pace and things will come naturally. Break the habit of regular painting and you’ll be facing your daemons come July!

Let’s see how the various Facitons/Forum did in Week 4:

The Blood Angelsand the Dark Angelsseem at par in terms of participants (45 each) with the BAs having considerably more vows while the DAs retain a higher average vow – but the gap is narrowing. Interestingly the BAs managed to increase their average vow by some higher point value re-vowing – that’s the way to play it. The DAs must get some completions and re-vowing done in order to narrow the gap of number of vows – but their lead in the average vow is not that large, so they cannot afford to see it drop. New vows must come at least at the current average and preferably higher.

As Semper mentioned earlier, historically there is a lull over the second month of the ETL. This is where we can gain ground and push ahead of the other Factions if we keep on the gas - we can't sit back and think "oh, we'll do it next week/month" as before we know it there will be no time left.

This bit is the grind; lets knuckle down and get our vows done :thumbsup:

Plans for the weekend folks?

I've hope to get all my metallics finished which will mean I can start the red parts of my vow* :happy.:

* I paint all the black and silver first, then go for red as doing black/silver can be sloppy and I find it easier to fix this way around then when it spoils my red coat.

I'm about 70% done with captain so if I get time tonight, I can probably get the first vow taken care of.

I'm just hoping my second vow is enough to help.

Every little bit helps so I'm sure it will be :)

I am getting close now with my Captain Phaeton and the tactical/combat squad. Once they are done, it’s just the jump pack Chaplain to round out Vow 2 B)

I have some assault terminators that I am thinking of vowing for No. 3, and maybe some more kitbashed characters to get the points level up.

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete...

1 tactical squad with heavy flamer, flamer and combi-flamer

1 tactical squad with plasmagun, combi-plasma and multi-metla

1 scout squad with 4 sniper rifles, camo cloaks and one bolter

1 captain with plasma pistol and power sword

of total value 517 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_87937.jpg

Vow Complete:

gallery_40907_9492_52988.jpg

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete...

1 Stormraven with twin assault cannons, twin multi-meltas and two hurricane bolters (352)

1 Terminator Captain with Storm bolter and Relic blade (128)

1 Terminator Librarian with Combi-melta and force axe (149)

1 Terminator Chaplain with Storm Bolter and Crozius Arcanum (102)

1 Sanguinary Priest with Jump pack and power weapon (90)

1 Assault Marine squad with two metlaguns, an eviscorator, an inferno pistol and Meltabomb (145)

of total value 966 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_296366.jpg

Congratulations Spugunk, a marvellous result - and great attention to detail like the script on the loincloth on the sergeant! And that follow-up vow at higher points - that the way to play it! :D Good luck! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

1 Stormraven with twin assault cannons, twin multi-meltas and two hurricane bolters (352)

1 Terminator Captain with Storm bolter and Relic blade (128)

1 Terminator Librarian with Combi-melta and force axe (149)

1 Terminator Chaplain with Storm Bolter and Crozius Arcanum (102)

1 Sanguinary Priest with Jump pack and power weapon (90)

1 Assault Marine squad with two metlaguns, an eviscorator, an inferno pistol and Meltabomb (145)

of total value 966 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Still got most of the 2 Tactical squads from 2nd edition starter box.

More vow 2 progress, as promised.

Captain Phaeton, Blood Angels 7th Company Captain.

uOSza7X.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kzrMEHq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xfFgJnv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rXjmkVX.jpg

Blood Angels 7th Company, 3rd Tactical Squad:

FPomo91.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CvGeg0Y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iDSZhka.jpg

And, Captain Phaeton with his troops:

6AHQ23n.jpg

Pretty happy with this lot, albeit my freehand blood drops aren’t really up to scratch. I tried painting a circle and then extending lines on the tangents, but I just don’t have the dexterity...

Finished my Librarian Dread. 1/3 of the way done with my First Vow.

Have to say, that's excellent; the mobility shown on a Librarian Dreadnought is something we rarely see.

Have you a shopping list for bits?

More vow 2 progress, as promised.

Captain Phaeton, Blood Angels 7th Company Captain.

uOSza7X.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kzrMEHq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xfFgJnv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rXjmkVX.jpg

Blood Angels 7th Company, 3rd Tactical Squad:

FPomo91.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CvGeg0Y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iDSZhka.jpg

And, Captain Phaeton with his troops:

6AHQ23n.jpg

Pretty happy with this lot, albeit my freehand blood drops aren’t really up to scratch. I tried painting a circle and then extending lines on the tangents, but I just don’t have the dexterity...

What are you using for the bases?

As for blood drops, try doing an upside down cross and then joining it up :)

The best part is that you're knocking out an army to a standard you're happy with and they will look great when you take to the field with a full force :)

Any tips for the plasma frosting?

I went fast and easy - 2 thin coats of skull white, a wash of Drakenhof Nightshade with a touch of Vallejo's equivalent of Macrage Blue, and then a drybrush of White again, focused on the top and middle sections.

So I've got a good news/bad news situation going on right now that if affecting progress with my vow.

Bad news is I've run out of supplies and am waiting for the postie to bring me an order

Good news is that I have been forced to start construction of what should be my third vow:

gallery_60109_5815_465817.jpg

I do have a vow related question though. Some of the internal parts will need to be painted before assembly in order for me to do this model justice. It will mostly be a bit of spray painting and hazard striping but would that affect my ability to pledge it? The alternative is I wait until I have made my third vow before I start building and painting the interior but then I risk running out of time.

Cheers

LM

What are you using for the bases?

As for blood drops, try doing an upside down cross and then joining it up :)

The best part is that you're knocking out an army to a standard you're happy with and they will look great when you take to the field with a full force :)

The bases are pretty simple - basecoat of jokaero orange, with dry brushed bleached bone (or whatever the current name is) over the top. Then white scar stippled around the edge to provide a surface in case I want to write names for each marine. Taking a rain check on that at the moment though.

I hadn’t thought of inverted crosses, no... if I go back and do them again, that’s a great shout! Will leave them for vow purposes though I think.

Thanks, yes I agree. En masse they look pretty good!

I do have a vow related question though. Some of the internal parts will need to be painted before assembly in order for me to do this model justice. It will mostly be a bit of spray painting and hazard striping but would that affect my ability to pledge it? The alternative is I wait until I have made my third vow before I start building and painting the interior but then I risk running out of time.

Cheers

LM

Similar situation took place a little while ago. According to the rules, interior of the model is treated the same as exterior. Meaning, you can only prime/basecoat. But you can ask Semper as it is possible to lower the points cost of your vow and be able to paint interior in advance.

@Brother Carn, it was worth to wait - that is a great paint job!

Archived