+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Kharbydis Assault Claw complete:

gallery_60109_5815_867242.jpg

And with that, Vow 2 is complete.

Now for the hard part.....I'm overseas for two months again from next weekend. What can I pledge that I can get done before then?!?!?!!

Cheers

LM

Congrats on the completion, she looks really evil :eek

As for your rhetorical question, something tank sized perhaps? :)

Congrats on the completion, she looks really evil :eek:

As for your rhetorical question, something tank sized perhaps? :smile.:

Thanks Jol,

I don't really feel in a very tanky mood today.

So i'm going to get my THawk done, got a girlfriend free weekend (mostly) and today off work so I'm taking a three day run at this sucker, should be doable.

VOW 3,

One Thunderhawk Gunship for 1448pts

Here's the before shot (about to get sprayed in the garage):

gallery_60109_5815_126096.jpg

Cheers

LM

Congrats on the completion, she looks really evil :eek:

As for your rhetorical question, something tank sized perhaps? :smile.:

Thanks Jol,

I don't really feel in a very tanky mood today.

So i'm going to get my THawk done, got a girlfriend free weekend (mostly) and today off work so I'm taking a three day run at this sucker, should be doable.

VOW 3,

One Thunderhawk Gunship for 1448pts

Here's the before shot (about to get sprayed in the garage):

gallery_60109_5815_126096.jpg

Cheers

LM

In a week and a half?

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Some progress on my vow. Finished Captain smash and old school chaplain today. So that leaves only Furioso and a lieutenant left.

It was a bit weird feeling when there were only so few details on the chaplain. Tried to keep the paint job clean and simple, so it kind of looks like something is missing. Maybe the white wings on the chest should be painted red :unsure.:

gallery_104948_14179_161125.jpg

Captain smash on the other hand had a lot of details. I had a bit of problems trying to think how to paint the wings, feet and torso, so that it wouldn't look similar to the DC chaplain I painted half a year ago. Decided to use metallic colors on many of the details and red ink to make it look more BA. This is also a first model where I actually wrote something to those small heraldry scrolls, and considering my normal hand writing skills, this turned out to be better than expected :whistling:

gallery_104948_14179_385661.jpg

Some progress on my vow. Finished Captain smash and old school chaplain today. So that leaves only Furioso and a lieutenant left.

It was a bit weird feeling when there were only so few details on the chaplain. Tried to keep the paint job clean and simple, so it kind of looks like something is missing. Maybe the white wings on the chest should be painted red :unsure.:

gallery_104948_14179_161125.jpg

Captain smash on the other hand had a lot of details. I had a bit of problems trying to think how to paint the wings, feet and torso, so that it wouldn't look similar to the DC chaplain I painted half a year ago. Decided to use metallic colors on many of the details and red ink to make it look more BA. This is also a first model where I actually wrote something to those small heraldry scrolls, and considering my normal hand writing skills, this turned out to be better than expected :whistling:

gallery_104948_14179_385661.jpg

Both have excellent paint jobs and I do like the "updated" Chaplain :wub:

I also know what you mean about how simple he is as I experienced similar on my 2nd Edition TDA Chaplain. Perhaps the red shoulderpads that Spagunk has done above would work?

So I've already made 3 vows for the Space Wolves and I've had an idea for my Captain model. So I'm going to make an out of competition vow so that he can compete in the feast of blades too. 

I'm vowing 1 captain with jump pack, power axe and melta pistol, which won't count towards the total of the Blood Angels.

43079827652_0591793358_c.jpgIMG_20180701_150718 

I've made a little progress on my vow:

fPCAQTe.jpg

PRfcGM1.jpg

-Ran

Looking stunning Ranulf, I hope you're happy with them :) Just the Chaplain left now?

Great momentum guys, and Mr. Yellow? You are insane! :laugh.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Quite probably!

Now for the obligatory WIP Image:

gallery_60109_5815_1635781.jpg

Cheers

LM

Almost got the hawk done today, I will have to finish up tomorrow instead:

gallery_60109_5815_119181.jpg

Really impressive work so far, it has to be said. Happy to see the WIPs too as it shows the process to achieve speed on such a large scale (certainly something I need to look into).

Think you'll get her done in time?

LRC "Seraph" WIP, almost ready. After that the Whirlwind will feel like so small.

Pretty sure we could swap armies and no one would notice :laugh.: Lovely red and I'd love to know how you did those headlamps - sadly I had to give up on yellow ones years ago :(

So I've already made 3 vows for the Space Wolves and I've had an idea for my Captain model. So I'm going to make an out of competition vow so that he can compete in the feast of blades too. 

I'm vowing 1 captain with jump pack, power axe and melta pistol, which won't count towards the total of the Blood Angels.

43079827652_0591793358_c.jpgIMG_20180701_150718

Our first OOC entry this year and it's a fantastic model! I like the token wolf tail too :happy.:

Please could we get a shopping list for the parts? I don't recognise some of them...

Looking stunning Ranulf, I hope you're happy with them :smile.: Just the Chaplain left now?

The vow calls for a 9-man DC Squad, Chaplain, Lieutenant and 10-man Tactical Squad.

Probably a bridge too far by August 1st, but i'll battle onwards. 

-Ran

Archived