+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

LRC "Seraph" WIP, almost ready. After that the Whirlwind will feel like so small.

Pretty sure we could swap armies and no one would notice :laugh.: Lovely red and I'd love to know how you did those headlamps - sadly I had to give up on yellow ones years ago :(

Vow completed! More brothers to honor the Blood Angels chapter! Completed a tactical squad, scout squad, devastator squad, razorback, Primaris LT, and Terminator Captain.

Congrats on the completion and on the excellent cohesive force you've put together - very nicely done :)

Looking stunning Ranulf, I hope you're happy with them :smile.: Just the Chaplain left now?

The vow calls for a 9-man DC Squad, Chaplain, Lieutenant and 10-man Tactical Squad.

Probably a bridge too far by August 1st, but i'll battle onwards.

-Ran

I have faith in you Ranulf, keep plugging away and it will be done before you know it ;)

So I've already made 3 vows for the Space Wolves and I've had an idea for my Captain model. So I'm going to make an out of competition vow so that he can compete in the feast of blades too.

I'm vowing 1 captain with jump pack, power axe and melta pistol, which won't count towards the total of the Blood Angels.

43079827652_0591793358_c.jpgIMG_20180701_150718

Our first OOC entry this year and it's a fantastic model! I like the token wolf tail too :happy.:

Please could we get a shopping list for the parts? I don't recognise some of them...

Thanks dude! The base model is Eiloden, the head is from the deathwatch box, melta pistol barrel, death company purity seal and a power hatchet from anvil industries. I need to tidy up some small things but I'm looking forward to painting him

For some reason I thought we had August to paint also.

I go away on the 16th and will have no time from the 10th giving me just a week to finish up!

Looking like no second vow from me.

I also thought we had through August. I guess I'll just stick to the Knight Errant for my next vow and not worry about the Helverins for now. 

LRC "Seraph" WIP, almost ready. After that the Whirlwind will feel like so small.

Pretty sure we could swap armies and no one would notice :laugh.: Lovely red and I'd love to know how you did those headlamps - sadly I had to give up on yellow ones years ago :sad.:

I 'm a simple man, for red it's old school Blood Red over Scar White undercoat, nice and thick layers.... watered down on the hull itself... couldn't bother with two or more thin layers...

The headlights are a nice thick layer of (probably) Yriel Yellow on the black of the background and the metal bars are done with a very fine CD marker.

What do you mean swap? Are yours painted the same?

ps: Did I say that this LRC (my 2nd LR) also has a white painted interior you liked on the first?

I go away on the 16th and will have no time from the 10th giving me just a week to finish up!

I also thought we had through August. I guess I'll just stick to the Knight Errant for my next vow and not worry about the Helverins for now. 

Yup, finishes August 1st at 1700 UTC. Keep the faith guys, you can finish up in that time!

So I've already made 3 vows for the Space Wolves and I've had an idea for my Captain model. So I'm going to make an out of competition vow so that he can compete in the feast of blades too.

I'm vowing 1 captain with jump pack, power axe and melta pistol, which won't count towards the total of the Blood Angels.

43079827652_0591793358_c.jpgIMG_20180701_150718

Our first OOC entry this year and it's a fantastic model! I like the token wolf tail too :happy.:

Please could we get a shopping list for the parts? I don't recognise some of them...

Thanks dude! The base model is Eiloden, the head is from the deathwatch box, melta pistol barrel, death company purity seal and a power hatchet from anvil industries. I need to tidy up some small things but I'm looking forward to painting him

We're looking forward to seeing him :tu:

Pretty sure we could swap armies and no one would notice :laugh.: Lovely red and I'd love to know how you did those headlamps - sadly I had to give up on yellow ones years ago :sad.:

I 'm a simple man, for red it's old school Blood Red over Scar White undercoat, nice and thick layers.... watered down on the hull itself... couldn't bother with two or more thin layers...

The headlights are a nice thick layer of (probably) Yriel Yellow on the black of the background and the metal bars are done with a very fine CD marker.

What do you mean swap? Are yours painted the same?

ps: Did I say that this LRC (my 2nd LR) also has a white painted interior you liked on the first?

I still paint Blood Red (Evil Sunz Scarlet in new money) over a white undercoat, so yeah, we have similar styles to the point where people would get confused as to who's is who :)

... that is until they checked the interior. Mine are bone because I find white too difficult to paint :blush:

Work in Progress, Vow 3.

Captain Smash! Aka Captain Sendini of the Fifth Company, as I have painted him. It seems a suitable form of nerdery that this ETL I will have painted examples of 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th Company Captains!

Anyway, pics:

VMAwlSN.jpg

wlvNOqK.jpg

Still needs basing, but he’s basically complete other than that. Seth and Tycho are part-painted; sang priest and termie Ancient still need some primer spraying.

I've made a little progress on my vow:

fPCAQTe.jpg

PRfcGM1.jpg

-Ran

Stunning. Crisp edging with clean reds and whites and where did you get those bases? 3rd party resin or scratch built? Also like the primaris representation.

And vow 3 done:

gallery_60109_5815_123398.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_747251.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_1472896.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_989004.jpg

* I will admit the weathering is not yet done and will get done at some point, but for the purposes of the ETL it is definitely painted. :-)

All in it took 4.5 days to complete rather than the intended 3 - I wouldn't make a very good project manager.

Cheers

LM

Getting ready for my 2nd vow. I just wanted to double check before I vowed anything, but we are allowed to pledge Knights aren't we?

Yeap - Knights are Universal for all loyalist Forums (as Renegade Knights are good for all Chaos Forums). Congratulations for your completion too - great to see the BAs keeping the pace!

This year the event runs from May 1st to August 1st. In fact over the years the ETL was starting either on May 1st or on May 15th and lasts until August 1st or August 15th respectively.

And vow 3 done:

Hidden Content

* I will admit the weathering is not yet done and will get done at some point, but for the purposes of the ETL it is definitely painted. :-)

All in it took 4.5 days to complete rather than the intended 3 - I wouldn't make a very good project manager.

Cheers

LM

Well that was fast... Impressive result too! Congrats Mr. Yellow! :tu:

I've made a little progress on my vow:

Hidden Content

fPCAQTe.jpg

PRfcGM1.jpg

-Ran

That is stunning work man - truly top notch. What can I say, I really like your style... :yes:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey I do red the same way too!

Anyway, the order with my knights got delayed again, so I've been really slacking with my first vow... just one more full guy to do really

Team white basecoat, assemble!

Work in Progress, Vow 3.

Captain Smash! Aka Captain Sendini of the Fifth Company, as I have painted him. It seems a suitable form of nerdery that this ETL I will have painted examples of 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th Company Captains!

Anyway, pics:

VMAwlSN.jpg

wlvNOqK.jpg

Still needs basing, but he’s basically complete other than that. Seth and Tycho are part-painted; sang priest and termie Ancient still need some primer spraying.

Making some great progress :thumbsup:

Just wanted to say that the first image you've put up is quite striking - it's often said that each model as a "money shot" and I think that first image is his. He has quite a regal pose/look to him rather than the barely-contained rage look that is often depicted for Captain Smash. He's on edge, waiting for his opponent to appear/strike before he dispatches his prey.

Excellent completion there! You'll have to share your white recipe and I'm rather envious that you've managed some smooth should trims (trims give me nightmares...)

With just over a month to go, do you fancy a fourth vow? We could use the points if you have something small :smile.:

And vow 3 done:

Cheers

LM

*speechless*

The trim isn't anything special. A bright white after a dark wash makes for a good contrast.

I'm planning to do a 4th vow, but this last one took longer than I wanted. So I need to think about what I can manage

I BluejayJunior rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a Knight Errant with heavy stubber, ironstorm missile pod, and reaper chainsword of total value 411 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Pre Knight

Scout component of my vow complete:

gallery_62972_9848_187734.jpg

Close ups can be found here

That's 2/7 finished.

Green grenades FTW! :thumbsup:

Always :tu:

The trim isn't anything special. A bright white after a dark wash makes for a good contrast.

I'm planning to do a 4th vow, but this last one took longer than I wanted. So I need to think about what I can manage

I gave up trims ages ago, I just couldn't get on with it. so anyone who paints them has my respect :tu:

Archived