+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I BluejayJunior rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a Knight Errant with heavy stubber, ironstorm missile pod, and reaper chainsword of total value 411 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

A Knight in a month is no simple task* but I'm looking forward to what you come up with :) Will you be magnetising and what scheme/house have you gone for?

* [blush] My Knight is still half complete and has been for the past three years... [/blush]

Four weeks remain!

Folks, check the first page and make sure your vows are recorded correctly and up to date. Whilst Semper is meticulous, he's still human so make it known if your vow and/or vow status isn't down correctly.

Stunning. Crisp edging with clean reds and whites and where did you get those bases? 3rd party resin or scratch built? Also like the primaris representation.

Thanks Silas7. :smile.:

The resin bases are from a UK company called https://www.darkartminiatures.com/. They're the from the Imperial Palace line.

The Intercessors are actually quite dynamic for a 'static' miniature - perfect for true-scale marines in *cough* MKVIII Errant armour. *cough* 

That is stunning work man - truly top notch. What can I say, I really like your style... :yes:

Cheers Semper. :smile.: I just wish I had more of them done, August 1st is fast approaching!

-Ran

I BluejayJunior rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes and vow to complete a Knight Errant with heavy stubber, ironstorm missile pod, and reaper chainsword of total value 411 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

A Knight in a month is no simple task* but I'm looking forward to what you come up with :smile.: Will you be magnetising and what scheme/house have you gone for?

* [blush] My Knight is still half complete and has been for the past three years... [/blush]

I'm not magnetizing. I am planning on using the Hawkshroud rules, but doing my own color scheme. Purple with yellow. I am looking forward to the challenge. I am very motivated to get it done. I've been really excited about using Knights since the Codex came out and I want to get my first one done so I can use it. I've made good use of my holiday to get a lot done on it already. 

Four weeks remain!

Folks, check the first page and make sure your vows are recorded correctly and up to date. Whilst Semper is meticulous, he's still human so make it known if your vow and/or vow status isn't down correctly.
It’d be really good to see some WIP or updates from some of our fratres wouldn’t it? :tu:

And vow 3 done:

gallery_60109_5815_123398.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_747251.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_1472896.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_989004.jpg

* I will admit the weathering is not yet done and will get done at some point, but for the purposes of the ETL it is definitely painted. :-)

All in it took 4.5 days to complete rather than the intended 3 - I wouldn't make a very good project manager.

Cheers

LM

Congratulations you crazy man! You'll manage 2 more before August, right? :biggrin.:

BTW, what are those rockets on the fourth picture?

Congratulations you crazy man! You'll manage 2 more before August, right? :biggrin.:

BTW, what are those rockets on the fourth picture?

Thanks Buddy.

Sadly I think this is me done for the ETL - I might bash out a couple of Land Raiders but work is sending me overseas for a bit very soon so I won't have a chance to do any 40k whilst there.

Those rockets are part of the THawk - they should have been glued under the wing but weren't at the time I took the photo :blush.:

Cheers

LM

Bad News Folks. While finishing my Astorath last Nite, I didn't realize thr body had rolled off my Paint Desk and on to the Floor. Well, I stepped on it and sort of lucky, sort of not, the axe completely shattered into single vertebrate and Axe Head, but the Body is like it was never damaged. It was Finecast.

So, now I'm super un motivated to finish it, but I'll probably finish up the Base and details on pack and just call it a day on it, until I can find a replacement Axe, hopefully in Metal so I can Pin it and not have it turn to crappy resin dust.

Well, in honor of the Fourth of July (in the US), I of course decided to spend my time working on my models from a UK-based company... :whistling:

Time for VOW 2:

I Brother Aether rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 1 Captain (with Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, and Storm Shield), 1 Sanguinary Priest, 1 Company Champion, 1 Company Ancient, and 1 Devastator Squad (1 ML, 1 PC, 1 LC, 1 MM, 1 counts-as Sergeant and 1 counts-as cherub) of total value 483 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Captain: 129 Pts

Captain with TH/SS/JP Primed

Sanguinary Priest: 69 Pts

Sanguinary Priest with JP/PS Primed

Company Champion: 54 Pts

Champion Primed

Company Ancient: 63 Pts

Ancient Primed

Devastator Squad: 168 Pts

Devastators Primed

Semper and Jolemai have given the go-ahead to use the Heavy Bolter marine as a counts-as non-upgraded sergeant, and the Watcher in the Dark as a counts-as Cherub.

Four weeks remain!

It’d be really good to see some WIP or updates from some of our fratres wouldn’t it? :tu:

Indeed, WIPs for the WIP god!!!

Or something :blush:

Bad News Folks. While finishing my Astorath last Nite, I didn't realize thr body had rolled off my Paint Desk and on to the Floor. Well, I stepped on it and sort of lucky, sort of not, the axe completely shattered into single vertebrate and Axe Head, but the Body is like it was never damaged. It was Finecast.

So, now I'm super un motivated to finish it, but I'll probably finish up the Base and details on pack and just call it a day on it, until I can find a replacement Axe, hopefully in Metal so I can Pin it and not have it turn to crappy resin dust.

Got a picture? My Finecast Astorath axe snapped into three but I was able to salvage it, so it is doable :) Was it just Astorath you had left?

Well, in honor of the Fourth of July (in the US), I of course decided to spend my time working on my models from a UK-based company... :whistling:

Time for VOW 2:

I Brother Aether rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 1 Captain (with Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, and Storm Shield), 1 Sanguinary Priest, 1 Company Champion, 1 Company Ancient, and 1 Devastator Squad (1 ML, 1 PC, 1 LC, 1 MM, 1 counts-as Sergeant and 1 counts-as cherub) of total value 483 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Captain: 129 Pts

Sanguinary Priest: 69 Pts

Company Champion: 54 Pts

Company Ancient: 63 Pts

Devastator Squad: 168 Pts

Semper and Jolemai have given the go-ahead to use the Heavy Bolter marine as a counts-as non-upgraded sergeant, and the Watcher in the Dark as a counts-as Cherub.

A nice follow up vow that will keep you busy for the next few weeks :tu: What are you looking forward to completing the most?

Also, Semper has been very gracious with the occasional counts-as this ETL, and that needs pointing out :tu: :)

Just for completeness, the weathering on my Thunderhawk is finished,

It's such a big model that getting decent photos is a bit challenging.

gallery_60109_5815_892781.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_608305.jpg

I'm also hard at work glueing myself to my 4th vow. Photos will be forthcoming.

Cheers

LM

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Announcement_V2.jpg

+++ETL VI - WEEK 9 UPDATE+++

Week 9 was way more productive than Week 8 with 29k worth of completed points vs. just 12k last week. We have also collectively surpassed the 100k pts threshold arriving at 113k pts while total points pledged are fast approaching the 400k mark (in fact it may have been surpassed by now.

This week I identified two mistakes that I made. The first was that I had incorrectly counted Mad Santa in the BA team in my spreadsheet (instead of SM) and the second was that I did not count Draegher’s completions in the AoD-T; both of which are now corrected.

So, as far as factions go, the SMs still lead but by a much more narrow margin vs. the AoD of just 1.2k pts. Chaos is third and the Xenos and the Forces of the Imperium are pretty close to each other despite the Astra Militarum’s excellent performance 

So let’s see Week 9 in detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX VI – Week 9
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 185 247 159,814 64740,677 25.5% 10,353 Space Marines 6791 50,541 555 11,125 22.0% 2,449 Blood Angels 44 6141,270 677 13,139 31.8% 4,183 Dark Angels 45 61 38,194 682 10,076 26.4% 2,658 Space Wolves 29 39 29,809 764 6,33721.3% 1,347 IFOR 67 85 76,583 901 17,06922.3% 3,804 Adepta Sororitas 6 7 4,303 615 519 12.1% 63 AdMech 13 18 11,285 627 3,679 32.6% 1,199Astra Militarum 21 28 22,034 787 9,045 41.1% 3,713 Imperial Agents 12 13 21,676 1,667 894 4.1% 37 Grey Knights 2 2 2,658 1,329 0 0% 0 Deathwatch 13 17 14,627 860 2,932 20.0% 588 Realm of Chaos 67 95 61,182 676 20,351 31.7% 6,453 Chaos Space Marines 55 80 50,353 629 18,430 36.6% 6,746 Chaos Daemons 4 5 4,145 829 738 17.8% 131 LatD 8 10 9,684 968 1,183 12.2% 145 Xenos 41 48 30,488 635 9,774 32.1% 3,133 Aeldari 10 11 3,492 317 718 20.6% 148 Necrons 10 12 7,507 626 3,460 46.1% 1,595 Orks 4 5 3,600 720 1,307 36.3% 475 T’au Empire 13 15 12,773 852 4,031 31.6% 1,272 Tyranids 4 5 3,116 623 258 8.3% 21 AoD 47 68 62,451 918 19,849 31.8% 6,309 AoD-L 26 37 33,874 916 11,120 32.8% 3,650 AoD-T 21 33 33,212 1,006 13,672 41.2% 5,628 Total ETL VI 407 545 398,153 731 112,663 28.3% 31,880

BLOOD ANGELS:

Amazing performance! They have the highest completion rate within the Astartes Faction and this is reflected in their significantly higher score that lands then in the third position overall. Their re-vowing rate is also the strongest in the Astartes context at 39% – although by no means among the strongest in the ETL overall and not that much better vs. the SMs (36%) or the SWs (34%). So the strategy here is (apart from completing the first vows of course – this applies for all Forums) to intensify re-vowing. Other than that, things look good for the BAs!

Another good week, with internet cookies going to Lamentermarine (Mr Yellow) for scoring two super-vows this week :thumbsup:

Currently sat in third overall (on ETL score) and within touching distance of second, so it's still all to play for. Whilst the SMs have slowed down some, they certainly aren't out of the running (same goes for both AoD and DA Factions) but it should be noted that Chaos has kicked on, as is there way. So long as we keep with them and get a higher completion rate (which is easily doable), then football the ETL is coming home :wink.:

Progress! I just have a captain, a priest, the sternguard, and 5 more Death Co.

med_gallery_104017_14504_154068.jpg

Excellent work on those :) You're looking on course for getting in done in time too which is great to hear :tu:

WIP!

W3pzRKe.jpg

More great WIPs! :happy.:

Your Tycho conversion looks really well executed considering it's from your bitsbox, couldn't really tell before. All easily obtainable bits? :)

More great WIPs! :happy.:

Your Tycho conversion looks really well executed considering it's from your bitsbox, couldn't really tell before. All easily obtainable bits? :)

Cheers bro’ :)

Yes, Tycho and Seth are both significantly kitbashed. I think the parts lists are as follows, from memory:

Seth

Bald, Screaming Head from Mk III Marines Box

Torso from vanilla tactical box, shaved off the skull for a plainer finish. Backpack also from that box.

Legs, arms and eviscerator from vanilla assault marines box

Wings on backpack and right shoulderpad from dark angels company veterans box

Iron halo from Blood Angels upgrade sprue

Left shoulderpad from Blood Angels tactical squad, adapted for purpose.

Tycho

Head from sanguinary guard box I think

Torso from sternguard veterans box

Legs from command squad box

Arms from Blood Angels tactical box

Backpack from company commander sprue

Combi-Melta from sternguard veterans box

Shoulderpads from DC box and BA tactical box

Banner not sure? Any help?

Archived