+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

As of Chapter Approved 2017 the Terminus Ultra has been tweaked in two ways:

1) we can now take it (yay),

2) it's become Open Play only (boooo).

Sadly this means that it isn't suitable for the ETL. However, it can be pledged as a counts-as. A regular Land Raider with a multi-melta weighs in at 383 points. Perhaps this is the nearest alternative?

As of Chapter Approved 2017 the Terminus Ultra has been tweaked in two ways:

1) we can now take it (yay),

2) it's become Open Play only (boooo).

Sadly this means that it isn't suitable for the ETL. However, it can be pledged as a counts-as. A regular Land Raider with a multi-melta weighs in at 383 points. Perhaps this is the nearest alternative?

Dang it! What about a Spartan since it has about as many las cannons? :whistling:

The closest in points without a stormbolter or hunter-killer missile.is the LR Achilles which weighs in at 423. This is closest points-wise to what the Terminus Ultra was listed as being in Imperium 1 (600 points).

One could argue they are both siege tanks so...

It's either that or the LR mentioned earlier (which is the closest in weapons)

Ok, so I left my laptop at work and have no way of uploading the pictures from my dslr camera. I wouldn't really want to post pictures taken with my phone, but what can you do. I just really need all the time with my second vow:unsure.:

So here is the proof of my first vow being completed!

gallery_104948_14179_367897.jpg

I Kaese rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

5x scouts: sergeant with bolter and chainsword, 3x bolters, heavy bolter

5x tacticals: sergeant with combi-flamer and power sword, 3x bolters, meltagun

1x company champion

5x assault terminators: 3x thunder hammer and storm shield, 2x lightning claws

1x baal predator: Twin assaultcannon, 2x heavy bolters, storm bolter

1x razorback: Twin lascannon, storm bolter

of total value 721pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_104948_14179_449771.jpg

Progress update:

getting there, just need to highlight up my stern guard and remaining captain, plus bases for them. I need to wash/highlight my Priest, and I have gotten the black on my last Death CO.

I think I can get finished by the end of next week, or sooner. Also, it seems I need to find a new camera to take pictures with.

med_gallery_104017_14504_74248.jpg

Ok, so I left my laptop at work and have no way of uploading the pictures from my dslr camera. I wouldn't really want to post pictures taken with my phone, but what can you do. I just really need all the time with my second vow:unsure.:

I Kaese rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

1x company champion

of total value 721pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Excellent completion with great coherence and super neatness :tu: Great whites too :tu:

As for your follow up, it's an impressive amount of work but i'm sure you can achieve it! Hope to drool over some progress soon :)

A quick little WIP form me:

med_gallery_105306_14251_192959.jpg

gallery_105306_14251_45945.jpg

The Sternguard, Redemptor and JP Librarian are almost ready. The most work still is to be done on the Captain and not-Callistarius.

Always a pleasure seeing your WIPs Majkhel :) How are you going about the red transitions? Only that's something i'm interested in trying when I grow up. Also, was it hard to tweak the left leg on that Blood Raven?

Progress update:

getting there, just need to highlight up my stern guard and remaining captain, plus bases for them. I need to wash/highlight my Priest, and I have gotten the black on my last Death CO.

I think I can get finished by the end of next week, or sooner. Also, it seems I need to find a new camera to take pictures with.

med_gallery_104017_14504_74248.jpg

I certainly feel your pain on the photography troubles. Are you using a mobile? The following guide helps in that regard :)

Looking forward to seeing them complete soon :)

Obligatory WIP Photo:

gallery_60109_5815_529160.jpg

Any advice for blasting through chequered squares like you do?

Goal for tomorrow is to finish Calen. Here's to hoping!

I'm sure you can do it :tu:

I am using a mobile, the problem is the glass protecting the lens is cracked. you can't see in the pictures, but its caused one side of the image to be blurry.

It used to do great photos, and it was one of the reasons I chose it. I've been planning on getting a new phone anyway in the next 3 to 6 months, when I have money.

At some point I need to start doing the more basic/mid level stuff like white background, etc, etc.

More WIP - Terminator Ancient and Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack.

SWorpuR.jpg

So, Vow 3 is nearing completion. The five models all need bases, and each needs a little more work, but I’m feeling optimistic that they’ll be finished this week.

Then it’s just a question of whether I dare squeeze in a vow 4.

Always a pleasure seeing your WIPs Majkhel :smile.: How are you going about the red transitions? Only that's something i'm interested in trying when I grow up. Also, was it hard to tweak the left leg on that Blood Raven?

Thank you Jolemai! :smile.:

The transitions on the sword are pretty simple - dark base (I mix black with mephiston red, giving me a very dark brown but with a hint of redness) and then I apply washes of watered down mephison red from the tip downwards. The more water you add, the more of the base color will be seen through. The first wash reaches about 3/4 of the blade. Second would only reach half. For the tip and edges I use pure Meph Red. A then you can always apply highlights. For those I would use Evil Sunz Scarlet and then perhaps almost pure white for extreme highlight.

Similar to what I did for my Astorath:

gallery_105306_14251_116996.jpg

This reminds me to post the picture of Mephiston, for whom I also did the same thing.

As for the Blood Raven librarian, the only thing that requires tweaking is the shoulder pad - You have to remove the head of the raven there. This leaves you with nice wings a bood drop (a little small but it's there) and the raven tail, which can be masked by paint. The leg exactly has what you see here - the blood drop with wings. I could probably also file the beak of the raven head on the sword hilt a little, but it's not that necessary.

I'm waiting for some better lighting conditions to make some better quality pictures and you'll see then.

More WIP - Terminator Ancient and Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack.

SWorpuR.jpg

So, Vow 3 is nearing completion. The five models all need bases, and each needs a little more work, but I’m feeling optimistic that they’ll be finished this week.

Then it’s just a question of whether I dare squeeze in a vow 4.

Coming along nicely :)

As for a fourth, I'm still hoping to squeeze in another; it just depends on how fast I finish these tanks!

I am using a mobile, the problem is the glass protecting the lens is cracked. you can't see in the pictures, but its caused one side of the image to be blurry.

It used to do great photos, and it was one of the reasons I chose it. I've been planning on getting a new phone anyway in the next 3 to 6 months, when I have money.

At some point I need to start doing the more basic/mid level stuff like white background, etc, etc.

Sorry about your phone :(

My problem at the moment is the lighting as I can't ever seen to get it right. Neutral backgrounds are easy enough as you just need a sheet/blanket/etc :)

1x company champion

Excellent completion with great coherence and super neatness :tu: Great whites too :tu:

As for your follow up, it's an impressive amount of work but i'm sure you can achieve it! Hope to drool over some progress soon :)

It will be really tough to finish everything in 3 weeks, especially with my sluggish speed. I will start my vacation after one and a half weeks, so that will leave me with some extra time in the 10 days :)

Any advice for blasting through chequered squares like you do?

I would say, just don't go there. But if you really feel the need to paint cheques on vehicles, I just draw lines on the vehicle with a steel ruler and pencil and then it's just a case of painting inside the lines.

Sometimes I feel painting Lamenters is a like an episode of Sesame Street - Brought to you by the number 13 and the colour yellow.

On that subject, vow 4 is now complete,I present "Pillar of Angstrom"

gallery_60109_5815_1071469.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_518918.jpg

Yes, I know I am missing the other exhaust - I just can't find the flipping thing and since FW don't do bits. I'm up a creak without a paddle.

gallery_60109_5815_201659.jpg

Such a rare vehicle deserves only the best crew, so here we have a veteran tank commander:

gallery_60109_5815_714231.jpg

Cheers

LM

Archived