+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Vow 2 Complete!

gallery_85034_14559_61721.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_109589.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_11852.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_98568.jpg

I borrowed my girlfriends iPhone to take pictures of the Sicaran and WOW! My poor phone is about to get put to pasture based on camera merit alone. Positive side is I now know that my biggest obstacle for taking good pictures is the camera :teehee:

Excellent work on such a speedy completion, congratulations! The gold bits break up the red nicely which is interesting to see (mine will look like that but all red...)

There's time for something small if you're up for it, just got to make it count :smile.:

Razorback with lascannon complete:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14515/gallery_65393_14515_1662779.jpg

Vindicator complete:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_14515/gallery_65393_14515_637990.jpg

Just the Hunter to go and that will vow complete...

Congratulations on an excellent vow completion! Really fantastic weathering on show and seeing an old Vindicator ( :wub: ) given a new lease of life like that is a joy to see. Thank you for your hard work :)

I'm sure I know the answer already, but I gather that's you done for this ETL and now you can sit and watch the final few day's drama unfold?

Edit: OK never mind I saw the name and checked Forge world. Are they pretty effective on the table?

Honestly I haven't used it yet in 8th. It was a beast in 7th and earned it's paint job many times over. I don't have the FW Index to even know its rules lol.

Eventually (as in when I have time) the Relic Sicaran Battle Tank (and other FW goodies) will get re-reviewed for 8th edition in the Veritas Vitae series. In the meantime it's niche is basically nuking <FLY> keyword units for the price of a Trilas Predator. It's only really been spoke about on this thread since 8th landed...

Aye, I'm already done. Just need to find the time to actually take a picture and upload it. ^^

Can't wait to see it :tu:

99% Done. Just need to finish the Volkite arm on the big knight - put it off as I was cram painting for an event.

Will try for a cheeky second Vow too...

J909%ust a Friendly Check In with Outstanding FIRST Vows.

Arkhanist
Bishoujo
bother_b
CaptainHelion
Charlo
Daemonifugue
Dont-Be-Haten
Grazcruzk
Indefragable
Lord Ranulf
Mightykin
Schwills
sfPanzer
Soulhunter1995
Thoridon
Ultra kblock
Venerable Jazzman
Zeller

Where we at Fellas? Also how cool is is that this list is pretty short?

Six days to go!

gallery_62972_10568_32495.jpg
Reclusiarch leading the Death Company into battle

In order to keep the Black Rage in check, on the eve of battle the Blood Angels bend their thoughts to prayer and to the sacrifice of their Primarch so many centuries ago. Chaplains move from Frater to Frater, blessing each in turn and noting those amongst the brotherhood whose eyes may appear a little glazed, or whose speech is slurred or over excited. Some, almost all, overcome the ancient intrusion into their minds. Much of the Frater’s training is directed at controlling it, beating it down into the depths of their being, but for some the imprint of Sanguinius is too strong, the memories too loud and demanding. As the Reclusriach Jolemai dictates the moripatris - the Mass of Doom - the chosen ones fall into the arms of their priests, and are taken away to form the Death Company.

The Bolter & Chainsword Death Company will be formed in six day's time from the pool of this year's Oathbreakers. What challenges await them to regain their honour later this year?

"Treat them with honour, my Brothers. Not because they will bring us victory this day, but because their fate will one day be ours."

But what if... there was no Death Company formed this year? Would there be no victory? ;)

Vow 2 Complete!

gallery_85034_14559_61721.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_109589.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_11852.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_98568.jpg

I borrowed my girlfriends iPhone to take pictures of the Sicaran and WOW! My poor phone is about to get put to pasture based on camera merit alone. Positive side is I now know that my biggest obstacle for taking good pictures is the camera :teehee:

Excellent work on such a speedy completion, congratulations! The gold bits break up the red nicely which is interesting to see (mine will look like that but all red...)

There's time for something small if you're up for it, just got to make it count :smile.:

Unfortunately I'm done for this ETL. I have an apoc game to prepare for on the 29th and it's with another army :/

"I'm sure I know the answer already, but I gather that's you done for this ETL and now you can sit and watch the final few day's drama unfold?"

Throne of Skulls for me at WHW this weekend (not with the Flesh Eaters though) so no more painting for a bit. I might try to sneak in a 24hr vow on Tuesday though...

You must intensify your efforts guys... ;)

This. We need to crank up our completion rate (as well as squeezing in a few more little vows from those who can). Like on Terra in aeons past, heroes are formed in the here and now by smiting Chaos so get to it!

Time for VOW 2:

I Brother Aether rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 1 Captain (with Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, and Storm Shield), 1 Sanguinary Priest, 1 Company Champion, 1 Company Ancient, and 1 Devastator Squad (1 ML, 1 PC, 1 LC, 1 MM, 1 counts-as Sergeant and 1 counts-as cherub) of total value 483 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Semper and Jolemai have given the go-ahead to use the Heavy Bolter marine as a counts-as non-upgraded sergeant, and the Watcher in the Dark as a counts-as Cherub.

VOW COMPLETE:

Overall, I'm particularly pleased with how the banner, Watcher (aka Cherub), and TH/SS captain turned out. All-told, a very fun ETL. I will be out of town for a work conference, so I won't be able to make a third. Although I had sprayed some DC hoping to be faster with this vow, I'm happy to make sure I get my completion in on time!

Banner, Ancient, Watcher

Banner Closeup

Ancient and Watcher (Side)

Ancient and Watcher (Front)

Champion and Sanguinary Priest

Champion and Sanguinary Priest

Captain with TH/SS

THSS Captain Front

THSS Captain Back

Devastators

Devastators Final

PS: My lascannon devastator will be prepared to stab any heretics that get too close. I guarantee it.

Archived