+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Congrats Brother Aether... Now there are quite a few second and subsequent vows still open. Just to remind you, that if a vow is incomplete at the end of the event, then all previous completed vows by the same participant are nullified and count for nothing... So make sure you complete your work on time! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Time for VOW 2:

I Brother Aether rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 1 Captain (with Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, and Storm Shield), 1 Sanguinary Priest, 1 Company Champion, 1 Company Ancient, and 1 Devastator Squad (1 ML, 1 PC, 1 LC, 1 MM, 1 counts-as Sergeant and 1 counts-as cherub) of total value 483 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Semper and Jolemai have given the go-ahead to use the Heavy Bolter marine as a counts-as non-upgraded sergeant, and the Watcher in the Dark as a counts-as Cherub.

VOW COMPLETE:

Overall, I'm particularly pleased with how the banner, Watcher (aka Cherub), and TH/SS captain turned out. All-told, a very fun ETL. I will be out of town for a work conference, so I won't be able to make a third. Although I had sprayed some DC hoping to be faster with this vow, I'm happy to make sure I get my completion in on time!

Banner, Ancient, Watcher

Champion and Sanguinary Priest

Captain with TH/SS

Devastators

PS: My lascannon devastator will be prepared to stab any heretics that get too close. I guarantee it.

Old metal Devs :wub:

Congratulations on your completion! They've turned out really well and you should rightly be happy with them :)

Good news, all that's left is to base Calen and finalize edge highlight. He has been a bastard to finish with school. But I should be able to proudly display him by Sunday at the latest.

I think I've done him proper, and can't wait to show you lot.

-cheers!

DBH

Well, here we are. I call completion on my vow.

gallery_61499_12614_308338.png

Unfinished bases are largely to remind me to go over them next time I put extra highlights on the army.

Congrats on the completion, they look really great together :) - and that's pretty much how my paint desk looks at the moment too :blush

Which models did you enjoy doing the most?

Aye, I'm already done. Just need to find the time to actually take a picture and upload it. ^^

Even a potato cam shot will do, just need something up before the 1st!

Good news, all that's left is to base Calen and finalize edge highlight. He has been a bastard to finish with school. But I should be able to proudly display him by Sunday at the latest.

I think I've done him proper, and can't wait to show you lot.

-cheers!

DBH

We can't wait to see him either!

https://imgur.com/a/2eiymKP

Most models are about done. I have a few final details to add and then basing to finish on them all.

Should be done with all that over the weekend, leaving the final couple of days to paint the Knight.

Models look great and for most of us, they are complete already :) Perhaps consider doing the Knight now and finishing the detail later? Only two days to knock out a Knight is... well... it's a baalsy play to say the least. All the best on the completion :tu:

Stick a fork in me, I’m done.

VyjvQI8.jpg

fgbG459.jpg

abbbscE.jpg

uKA6Y44.jpg

Nice flamerbaal :thumbsup: I love the fact that you've even gone so far as transfers; we don't see that too often in these events :smile.: Is that you done now?

Also, are you looking forward to using it and what paints did you use on the flamer nozzle? I like the effect :)

Nice flamerbaal :thumbsup: I love the fact that you've even gone so far as transfers; we don't see that too often in these events :smile.: Is that you done now?

Also, are you looking forward to using it and what paints did you use on the flamer nozzle? I like the effect :)

Yes, that’s me finished - Vow 5 complete, the first to do so this year I believe!

I felt it wouldn’t look complete without a couple of transfers :)

The flamers are done with leadbelcher, the old dwarf bronze, a wash of seraphim sepia and another wash or two of nuln oil. It’s simple but effective, eh?

Not sure how much use it will get but it does look the part, doesn’t it?!

With my ETL finished, I have at least three projects on my horizon. White Scars, a handful of HH blackshields and an Orky KillTeam roster. I have also got some remaining BA started before B&Z and the ETL that need finishing up :tu:

After few days of almost no painting, I managed to step up and have painted about 4 hours today. Assault terminators are now about 40% ready, and tacticals and the champion are waiting for final highlights. I will definitely need to paint at least the same amount of time tomorrow, or I will have really hard time next week trying to finish up the wov while being home alone with a 15 month old :)

Btw. While I was painting my mind wandered to times when I first started painting miniatures. I remembered the distinct smell of the citadel paints from the late 90s, and it seems to be missing from the new paint range. Now I feel that something is missing from the paint sessions :)

Congrats on the completion, they look really great together :smile.: - and that's pretty much how my paint desk looks at the moment too :blush

Which models did you enjoy doing the most?

I have to say, the Devastators. They were just so simple. The heroes were a pain, which is why I really powered through them, and the scouts are just fiddly. But the Devs were just a delight.

I note from a cursory count of the Chaos outpost that 26 of them haven’t completed their first vows. I know it’s more complex than this, but surely we’ve done them on first vow % completion alone?!

I note they’ve also got a few big hitters though who’ve torn through c. 3,000 pt 5-Vow totals :(

Keep going, you Wild Bloo(d) Angels! B)

Models look great and for most of us, they are complete already :smile.: Perhaps consider doing the Knight now and finishing the detail later? Only two days to knock out a Knight is... well... it's a baalsy play to say the least. All the best on the completion :thumbsup:

Yesterday ended up being a long painting session and after the previous update I did just that; got a few hours in on the Knight and now the base colour scheme is in place.

I have to add washes, extra blending, highlights, basing etc. but a big chunk of the painting is done.

eeugGLu.jpg

The main thing I'm trying to decide now is whether or not to go ahead with the tiger stripes. Might just put them on the top plate and 'shoulders' and see how that looks.

The Mrs. has plans so I have a free weekend dedicated to wrapping up my vows.

I came here to chew bubblegum and paint models. And i'm all out of bubblegum...

Preview/progress:

Can't wait to see more!

Models look great and for most of us, they are complete already :smile.: Perhaps consider doing the Knight now and finishing the detail later? Only two days to knock out a Knight is... well... it's a baalsy play to say the least. All the best on the completion :thumbsup:

Yesterday ended up being a long painting session and after the previous update I did just that; got a few hours in on the Knight and now the base colour scheme is in place.

I have to add washes, extra blending, highlights, basing etc. but a big chunk of the painting is done.

eeugGLu.jpg

The main thing I'm trying to decide now is whether or not to go ahead with the tiger stripes. Might just put them on the top plate and 'shoulders' and see how that looks.

Glad to hear you had some success :) If you have time, go for it - you can always change it after the ETL if it's not right :tu:

With my ETL finished, I have at least three projects on my horizon. White Scars, a handful of HH blackshields and an Orky KillTeam roster. I have also got some remaining BA started before B&Z and the ETL that need finishing up :tu:

With regards to having some BA on the go, keep an eye on our forum from September ;)

After few days of almost no painting, I managed to step up and have painted about 4 hours today. Assault terminators are now about 40% ready, and tacticals and the champion are waiting for final highlights. I will definitely need to paint at least the same amount of time tomorrow, or I will have really hard time next week trying to finish up the wov while being home alone with a 15 month old :)

Btw. While I was painting my mind wandered to times when I first started painting miniatures. I remembered the distinct smell of the citadel paints from the late 90s, and it seems to be missing from the new paint range. Now I feel that something is missing from the paint sessions :)

All the best with getting it done :tu: As for the paints, I know exactly what you mean (as I still use the older ones).

So guys I'm going to have to fall on my sword and accept the label of oath breaker.

I'm not going to get done by the 31st. A lot has been going on with work and also some family events that have quite bluntly needed my attention more than 40k. The Deredeo's and Predator will be done but the Leviathan isn't even out its pack yet.

Sorry to let you all down and keep up the good work everyone else.

Archived