+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Vow complete

gallery_62972_9848_818382.jpg

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of this name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the following; one Librarian with force stave, bolt pistol, jump pack of total value 120 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_62972_9848_426347.jpg

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for the third time) to complete:

i/    a Land Raider Crusader with additional Multi-melta and Storm-bolter [169] *

ii/   a Whirlwind with a Whirlwind Vengeance Launcher [104]

of total value 273 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

* You may be wondering about my math since this Crusader should cost 337 points. You'll notice that there's a layer of colour around the frontal assault ramp, and that's why I needed it to open (so it was painted before assembly) so that I can see the painted interior (obviously painted before assembly). Captain Semper allowed this model to enter the competition but at half the cost of points because of the painted interior.

Vow completed!

Very satisfied with the total progress, I 've never painted so fast before, and finally made models I 've bought years before...

ETL6 Vow3b complete B

ETL6 Vow3a complete A

ETL6 Vow3b complete C

ETL6 Vow3a complete B

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for the third time) to complete:

i/ a Land Raider Crusader with additional Multi-melta and Storm-bolter [169] *

ii/ a Whirlwind with a Whirlwind Vengeance Launcher [104]

of total value 273 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

* You may be wondering about my math since this Crusader should cost 337 points. You'll notice that there's a layer of colour around the frontal assault ramp, and that's why I needed it to open (so it was painted before assembly) so that I can see the painted interior (obviously painted before assembly). Captain Semper allowed this model to enter the competition but at half the cost of points because of the painted interior.

Vow completed!

Very satisfied with the total progress, I 've never painted so fast before, and finally made models I 've bought years before...

Excellently done, I do like how they've turned out :) Hopefully when I finally get around to doing my Land Raiders they will be just as good :)

Vow Completed :biggrin.: And my first ever painted mini as well, apologies for the bad quality picture, the lighting in my room is horrific :happy.:

gallery_105195_14304_493265.jpg

gallery_105195_14304_33229.jpg

Congratulations! Looking really good for your first ever completed model :) It's very neat and your metallics appear quite accomplished - how did you do the red effect on the gun barrel?

Also, did you enjoy painting it and will we get to see anymore of your work in the future?

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Announcement_V2.jpg

THREE DAYS TO GO!

Oi! That's my line!!

Keep pushing to make this a #supersunday folks!

Here it comes...

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for the fourth time) to complete a Death Company Captain with Jump pack, Thunder hammer, Storm shield, Bolt pistol, and Frag-Krak grenades of total value 129 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

ETL6 Vow4

The model will be completely repainted, to properly show Death Company colours!

Here is a teaser of Calen.

More pictures and thoughts to come later.

gallery_92746_14190_503950.jpg

Such a tease :p

Well done for getting it done though, I know you've had a hard time of it. Looking forward to more pics later :)

Here it comes...

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for the fourth time) to complete a Death Company Captain with Jump pack, Thunder hammer, Storm shield, Bolt pistol, and Frag-Krak grenades of total value 129 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

You even stack bases like me haha :lol:

Think you'll get it done before my Librarian? I'm in the lead by a few hours... :)

Here it comes...

You even stack bases like me haha :laugh.:

Think you'll get it done before my Librarian? I'm in the lead by a few hours… 

I bet you'll finish first. I couldn't remove the base safely, and I didn't want to lose time because of the time limit. The few extra millimeters in height will help distinguish him from other DC members.

So guys I'm going to have to fall on my sword and accept the label of oath breaker.

I'm not going to get done by the 31st. A lot has been going on with work and also some family events that have quite bluntly needed my attention more than 40k. The Deredeo's and Predator will be done but the Leviathan isn't even out its pack yet.

Sorry to let you all down and keep up the good work everyone else.

Don't worry about it :)

RL is more important and it's not like you've not tried or bitten off more than you can chew. Unexpected things happen but you've given it a go and that's what counts :)

Oh, and the Death Company Sally forth in September ;)

Models look great and for most of us, they are complete already :smile.: Perhaps consider doing the Knight now and finishing the detail later? Only two days to knock out a Knight is... well... it's a baalsy play to say the least. All the best on the completion :thumbsup:

Yesterday ended up being a long painting session and after the previous update I did just that; got a few hours in on the Knight and now the base colour scheme is in place.

I have to add washes, extra blending, highlights, basing etc. but a big chunk of the painting is done.

Hidden Content

eeugGLu.jpg

The main thing I'm trying to decide now is whether or not to go ahead with the tiger stripes. Might just put them on the top plate and 'shoulders' and see how that looks.

Do the best you can! Go for the stripes!

So guys I'm going to have to fall on my sword and accept the label of oath breaker.

I'm not going to get done by the 31st. A lot has been going on with work and also some family events that have quite bluntly needed my attention more than 40k. The Deredeo's and Predator will be done but the Leviathan isn't even out its pack yet.

Sorry to let you all down and keep up the good work everyone else.

Deadline is not July 31st but on Aug 1st. Not sire if this will make a difference, I just want you to have this in mind.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Vow Complete.

When I started this model I had a vision of doing a proper captain smash.

I went back and forth on how I wanted his hammer to be positioned, as well as what color scheme I wanted to do. I ultimately decided on red encase I ever wanted to run him as a VV or non DC cappy.

The Thunder hammer is a cut up DC piece, and the shield is from Vanguard vet bits.

My goal was to be done much much sooner with the option to paint my counts as Mephiston and a TDA librarian or two.

School claimed so much more of my time than I ever thought it would. I've had a 4 day reprieve and been able to finish Calen.

I decided to go with a much paler skin tone, I feel it really reflects the lore I have for Calen being from a different planet than Haldroth.

The base was troublesome because of the pipe that comes with Antero, but I feel like I did it justice without being too distracting from the model as a whole, and it still fits my themes based for my entire army. The transfer on the knee pad gave me some grief. I went through 3 ruined transfers before I gave up on them and went with a red blood drop. I'm happy with the way it turned out, as well as the campaign badge on his right greave.

I hope you all enjoy him, I loved painting him. Now with out further adue, here Re some pictures!

gallery_92746_14190_431370.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_249108.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_405872.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_695519.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_1438106.jpg

@Jolemai Thank you kindly Sir :biggrin.: I definitely enjoyed it as i was rather scared to take the plunge but now I`m alot more confident to give it a go :) as for the red on the barrels... that's from when i had base-coated the mini and I couldn`t get my brush in the gaps :sweat:

Vow Complete.

When I started this model I had a vision of doing a proper captain smash.

I went back and forth on how I wanted his hammer to be positioned, as well as what color scheme I wanted to do. I ultimately decided on red encase I ever wanted to run him as a VV or non DC cappy.

The Thunder hammer is a cut up DC piece, and the shield is from Vanguard vet bits.

My goal was to be done much much sooner with the option to paint my counts as Mephiston and a TDA librarian or two.

School claimed so much more of my time than I ever thought it would. I've had a 4 day reprieve and been able to finish Calen.

I decided to go with a much paler skin tone, I feel it really reflects the lore I have for Calen being from a different planet than Haldroth.

The base was troublesome because of the pipe that comes with Antero, but I feel like I did it justice without being too distracting from the model as a whole, and it still fits my themes based for my entire army. The transfer on the knee pad gave me some grief. I went through 3 ruined transfers before I gave up on them and went with a red blood drop. I'm happy with the way it turned out, as well as the campaign badge on his right greave.

I hope you all enjoy him, I loved painting him. Now with out further adue, here Re some pictures!

gallery_92746_14190_431370.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_249108.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_405872.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_695519.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_1438106.jpg

Exquisite.

Whoa! What great deeds, Fraters!

Keep it up!

I will finish painting and post pictures of my scouts bikers tomorrow.

Congratulations Zebulon for completing our first 5th vow!! :smile.:

Worth repeating, congrats again Zebulon and looking forward to the Scout Bikers Majkhel :)

Archived