+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I think at this point we need to just finish what we have left and not fall on our own sword.

But for those that think they can do more, might I suggest a 5 man Primaris Leiutenant squad or a 5 man Captain Squad. Each of those is as much as a Land Raider for 5 models. Just sayin.

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete...

1 five man squad of vanguard veterans w/thunder hammers and storm shields and jump packs (195)

1 seven man squad of sternguard veterans with 3 combi-meltas and power fist (189)

of total value 384 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_126075.jpg

Lordy, that took a lot of time!

gallery_40907_9492_438133.jpg

Vow Complete:

gallery_40907_9492_57596.jpg

I really fancy how you incorporated the old death company metal models as veterans! Really want to get some now and do the same thing!~

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete...

1 five man squad of vanguard veterans w/thunder hammers and storm shields and jump packs (195)

1 seven man squad of sternguard veterans with 3 combi-meltas and power fist (189)

of total value 384 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow Complete:

I really fancy how you incorporated the old death company metal models as veterans! Really want to get some now and do the same thing!~

Thanks. I have a thing for slightly older figures (2nd/3rd ed., But not RT era) and thought they could use some respect. Paint rubbing off was still an issue though so I need to make sure I seal them good.

Vow Complete:

:wub:

Congratulations on your completion and a stupendous effort on your part! I used 3rd edition DC for my Sternguard too, they are such great models and can go everywhere :)

Speaking of which: my 5th vow is completed!!!

med_gallery_105306_14251_763533.jpg

med_gallery_105306_14251_125841.jpg

Congratulations on not only your completion but hitting the five vow cap! Glad to see you've had a productive ETL :) Are they a decent set of models to build/paint?

Really need to get me some of those (and some suitable heads, obviously...)

Vow 1 Complete

You'll have to excuse the poor quality picture, I wanted to make sure I got a group shot in to show that my first vow is complete:

jXu1SmA.jpg

I'll upload better quality individual photos to my thread when I have time, but I can say my vow is complete :smile.: I wasn't sure how the Knight was going to end up, especially when I started putting that first tiger stripe on, but I'm quite pleased with the overall effect. At least I can say it's different... and I have been told I paint too many red things :tongue.:

I might try to sneak in another vow as I checked the Chaos thread and they seem to be spamming the Knights over the last few days but I won't do anything to risk making this vow void.

Astorath is sitting on a shelf primed and wanting to be painted though...

That Knight has turned out fantastically well, what with the fade in colour and the stripes only going across the top (definitely right to go down that route imo). Feel free to show off some closeups (of it and/or the units) either here or the ETL VI showcase thread (which will appear once the event has ceased).

Less than 48 hours to go, if you think you can knock out a character go for it. Trouble is, the extra detail makes it take longer than expected...

Got the next 48 hours free, minus sleep. Really tempted to do a small special character..... Time to rummage through Mt. Plastic!

If you think you can do it, go for it. Just remember that detail takes ages (wash, highlights, etc) so take it into account.

Finally got the terminators done. Now I just need to finish razorback and baal predator in less than two days. Should be doable if I spend long hours with the brush on both evenings. Day time painting will be impossible with the kids :smile.:

I will update with pictures once I have everything done.

Definitely doable (and I hope you've found time tonight!), but yeah, I can second that about doing any painting with the kids around...

Vows remaining to complete:

1st Vow: 12

2nd: 7

3rd: 2

4th: 1

5th: 0 :rolleyes:

We are doing so good! Go team!

edit: Ninja'd

Get those second vows completed folks!

This. (Oh, and the others too)...

I think at this point we need to just finish what we have left and not fall on our own sword.

But for those that think they can do more, might I suggest a 5 man Primaris Leiutenant squad or a 5 man Captain Squad. Each of those is as much as a Land Raider for 5 models. Just sayin.

Agreed!

Are they a decent set of models to build/paint?

Really need to get me some of those (and some suitable heads, obviously...)

Those I have bought already assembled. Judging by what came to me- they can be tricky to build. One bike is awkwardly assembled, one Rider's feet are not touching the stands, one hand is not reaching the handle bar properly... I might also switch one 'grunt' head at one point.

But I love the way their previous owner managed to festoon them with grenades, pouches, spare weapons etc. I only miss one shotgun which I hope to get at one point. And the guy that ended up with the hammer was missing a hand. Now he got a spare one from a bolter scout with a little plastic work to move it a little from the torso (plus the magnet and the hammer from a Vanguard vet).

But the kit has many bright points and I enjoyed painting them a lot!

Did you mean to post this here, instead of Xenith’s thread, Jazzman?! :tu:

Done! Finito!

(apart from refixing one guy to his base after the cat had a go at him)

gXcxX9Kr_t.jpg

CSRu4vOq_t.jpg

I'll get better pics tomorrow in the daylight

Night night all

Here it comes...

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for the fourth time) to complete a Death Company Captain with Jump pack, Thunder hammer, Storm shield, Bolt pistol, and Frag-Krak grenades of total value 129 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

The model will be completely repainted, to properly show Death Company colours!

It was vowed, so it was a certainty! Vow completed!

ETL6 Vow4 complete A

ETL6 Vow4 complete B

What a marathon... 

The perfect model to use that old metal head from Baal Predator (when it had metal parts), chopped Terminator weapons, failed veteran assault squad body. All completely transformed, from red to black, like it would actually happen to a Blood Angel!

There wont be a 5th vow, don't have any time left :smile.:

I think I picked out which model I'm going to vow and spend all "knight" painting.... after an obligatory family dinner it's going to get the black primer and camera taken to it!

God-emperor speed with that. Hopefully you get some sleep at some point.

Here it comes...

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for the fourth time) to complete a Death Company Captain with Jump pack, Thunder hammer, Storm shield, Bolt pistol, and Frag-Krak grenades of total value 129 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

The model will be completely repainted, to properly show Death Company colours!

It was vowed, so it was a certainty! Vow completed!

What a marathon...

The perfect model to use that old metal head from Baal Predator (when it had metal parts), chopped Terminator weapons, failed veteran assault squad body. All completely transformed, from red to black, like it would actually happen to a Blood Angel!

There wont be a 5th vow, don't have any time left :smile.:

*Allmight voice* "CAPU-TAN SMU-ASH!!!~"

The Marathon begins!

I, Slothysaur, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Knight Crusader (armed with Avenger Gatling Cannon with a Heavy Flamer, Rapid Fire Battle Cannon with a Heavy Stubber, Heavy Stubber, and a Stormspear Rocket Pod) for a total value of 530 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_85034_14559_821928.jpg

The Marathon begins!

I, Slothysaur, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Knight Crusader (armed with Avenger Gatling Cannon with a Heavy Flamer, Rapid Fire Battle Cannon with a Heavy Stubber, Heavy Stubber, and a Stormspear Rocket Pod) for a total value of 530 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

You Magnificant B!

Archived