+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I Indefragable rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the 11 units listed below of total value 1300pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.year-end

Hidden Content

HQ:

Captain (Captain Blender)

-jump pack

-lightning claws x 2

(if you zoom in closely you'll see this is a conversion with BA iconography)

105pts

Captain (Captain Smash)

-jump pack

-thunder hammer

-storm shield

129pts

Captain in Cataphractii Terminator Armor (Captain Unkillable)

-combi-melta (pictured with both combi-volkite and combi-melta)

-thunder hammer

(using a Praetor in Cataphractii as counts-as)

166pts

TROOPS:

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad A)

-bolt rifles

-Sgt w/ bolt rifle + power sword

94pts

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad B)

-bolt rifles

94pts

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad C)

-bolt rifles

94pts

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad D)

-bolt rifles

94pts

FAST ATTACK:

Assault Marines x 8  (Assault Marines)

-jump packs

-inferno pistol x 2

-Sgt w/ inferno pistol + power sword

159pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Devastators x 5 (Devastators A)

-lascannon x 3

-Sgt w/ bolt pistol + chainsword

140pts

Devastators x 5 (Devastators B)

-lascannon x 3

-Sgt w/ bolter

140pts

Devastators x 5 (Devastators C)

-heavy bolter x 2

85pts

Total = 1300pts

Starting pics:

Hidden Content

HQ:

Captain Blender:

Captain Smash:

Captain Unkillable

TROOPS:

Intercessor Squad A

Intercessor Squad B

Intercessor Squad C

Intercessor Squad D

FAST ATTACK:

Assault Marines

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Devastators A

Devastators B

Devastators C

1st (and only) vow complete:

HQ:

Captain Blender:

Captain Blender 1

Captain Blender 2

Captain Smash:

Captain Smash 1

Captain Smash 2

Captain Unkillable:

Captain Unkillable 1

Captain Unkillable 2

TROOPS:

Intercessor Squad A:

Intercessor Squad A

Intercessor Squad B:

Intercessor Squad B

Intercessor Squad C:

Intercessor Squad C

Intercessor Squad D:

Intercessor Squad D

FAST ATTACK

Assault Marine Squad:

Assault Squad

ASM Close Up 1

ASM Close Up 2

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Devastator Squad A:

Devastator Squad A

Devastator Squad B:

Devastator Squad B

Devastator Squad C:

Devastator Squad C

ALL VOWED MODELS:

All Completion

Funnily enough...somehow I painted an extra Devastator ablative wound brave warrior eager to serve. Not sure where this lil fella came from, but I have a feeling he is destined for big things:

Hidden Content

Pvt Gump:

Pvt Gump

Time for another.

Vow 2

I, Thoridon, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete Astorath the Grim of total value 143 pts on or before August 1st, 2018.

Wow, I found Astorath challenging to paint with his fine details. Good luck and complete your vow.

+1 to that ^^
This is a fantasctic model especially in metal - it can be done really quickly mostly with drybrushing for a very nice effect.
Then again I have spent hours on the scrolls while doing mine... :P

Finally got the terminators done. Now I just need to finish razorback and baal predator in less than two days. Should be doable if I spend long hours with the brush on both evenings. Day time painting will be impossible with the kids :)

I will update with pictures once I have everything done.

Definitely doable (and I hope you've found time tonight!), but yeah, I can second that about doing any painting with the kids around...

I painted all the reds yesterday and started the work on basing the metal parts with black. The tracks were really pain, so I decided to use airbrush on them. Sponsons on the baal predator are the only things I need to base black, and after that it is just painting metals and doing the small details. So it is definitely looking like it is not even going to be tough to finish my vow in time.

I have spent so much time painting, so I will definitely need to take a break after my vow is done. Couple of years should do :)

VOW COMPLETE!

Volkite arm is below, can't get the Knight out to put it on but it's all magnetized :smile.:

qrzXiTN.jpg

jtNguOf.jpg

Congrats mate, never doubted you for a second :smile.: Looking forward to seeing them in person one day :smile.:

Done! Finito!

(apart from refixing one guy to his base after the cat had a go at him)

gXcxX9Kr_t.jpg

CSRu4vOq_t.jpg

I'll get better pics tomorrow in the daylight

Night night all

++Vow complete!

Excellent work Jazzman, always a pleasure seeing your stuff. Looking forward to the blown up pictures :thumbsup:

Here it comes...

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for the fourth time) to complete a Death Company Captain with Jump pack, Thunder hammer, Storm shield, Bolt pistol, and Frag-Krak grenades of total value 129 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

The model will be completely repainted, to properly show Death Company colours!

It was vowed, so it was a certainty! Vow completed!

What a marathon... 

The perfect model to use that old metal head from Baal Predator (when it had metal parts), chopped Terminator weapons, failed veteran assault squad body. All completely transformed, from red to black, like it would actually happen to a Blood Angel!

There wont be a 5th vow, don't have any time left :smile.:

So fast :ohmy.:

He looks really cool and I imagine he stands out quite nicely from the DC - could do with knocking out one myself at some point :)

Oh, and you beat me by, what, 90 minutes? Pfft. ;)

Vow complete! 

:ohmy.::ohmy.:

Looks like I need to up my game on mine! So fast and so well done - any tips on the mottled black effect? I kinda want to replicate it in green for =][= REDACTED BY THE INQUISTION =][= reasons. Congratulations on your completion!

The Marathon begins!

I, Slothysaur, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete a Knight Crusader (armed with Avenger Gatling Cannon with a Heavy Flamer, Rapid Fire Battle Cannon with a Heavy Stubber, Heavy Stubber, and a Stormspear Rocket Pod) for a total value of 530 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_85034_14559_821928.jpg

:eek :eek :eek

A Knight in 36 hours? Gogogogogogogogo!

All the best with this and may the Emperor be with you on this endeavor! :eek

I Indefragable rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the 11 units listed below of total value 1300pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.year-end

Hidden Content

HQ:

Captain (Captain Blender)

-jump pack

-lightning claws x 2

(if you zoom in closely you'll see this is a conversion with BA iconography)

105pts

Captain (Captain Smash)

-jump pack

-thunder hammer

-storm shield

129pts

Captain in Cataphractii Terminator Armor (Captain Unkillable)

-combi-melta (pictured with both combi-volkite and combi-melta)

-thunder hammer

(using a Praetor in Cataphractii as counts-as)

166pts

TROOPS:

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad A)

-bolt rifles

94pts

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad B)

-bolt rifles

94pts

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad C)

-bolt rifles

94pts

Intercessors x 5 (Intecessor Squad D)

-bolt rifles

94pts

FAST ATTACK:

Assault Marines x 8  (Assault Marines)

-jump packs

-inferno pistol x 2

-Sgt w/ inferno pistol + power sword

159pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Devastators x 5 (Devastators A)

-lascannon x 3

140pts

Devastators x 5 (Devastators B)

-lascannon x 3

-Sgt w/ bolter

140pts

Devastators x 5 (Devastators C)

-heavy bolter x 2

85pts

Total = 1300pts

Starting pics:

Hidden Content

HQ:

Captain Blender:

Captain Smash:

Captain Unkillable

TROOPS:

Intercessor Squad A

Intercessor Squad B

Intercessor Squad C

Intercessor Squad D

FAST ATTACK:

Assault Marines

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Devastators A

Devastators B

Devastators C

1st (and only) vow complete:

HQ:

Captain Blender:

Captain Smash:

Captain Unkillable:

TROOPS:

Intercessor Squad A:

Intercessor Squad B:

Intercessor Squad C:

Intercessor Squad D:

FAST ATTACK

Assault Marine Squad:

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Devastator Squad A:

Devastator Squad B:

Devastator Squad C:

ALL VOWED MODELS:

Funnily enough...somehow I painted an extra Devastator ablative wound brave warrior eager to serve. Not sure where this lil fella came from, but I have a feeling he is destined for big things:

Hidden Content

Pvt Gump:

Congrats Indy, that was a huge vow you got completed; very impressive. Models look really neat and cohesive too - was it plain sailing once the multiple layers of red was completed?

Time for another.

Vow 2

I, Thoridon, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete Astorath the Grim of total value 143 pts on or before August 1st, 2018.

kolLJwF.jpg

In 33 hours too... madness :eek

Have to applaud all these heroes who really push the boat out at the end of our events :tu:

All the best with your vow!

Ok, Crappy Pic and meh Paint Job incomming. One Down One to go. I'll have to go back and fix a lot of stuff I know will bother me later, but time is of the essence.

38015837_10103930755845677_3407360214918

These are looking really good! No idea how you get a light colour so smooth so quickly... Keep up the pressure, you're almost there!

Vow complete!

:ohmy.::ohmy.:

Looks like I need to up my game on mine! So fast and so well done - any tips on the mottled black effect? I kinda want to replicate it in green for =][= REDACTED BY THE INQUISTION =][= reasons. Congratulations on your completion!

Thank you! I drybrush an excessive amount of longbeard grey (pretty sure that's what its called, a light grey dry paint) which seems too light at first,but once you add one or two nuln oil washes,it darkens up a bit. I used to use eshin grey for drybrushing black, but it wasnt noticeable enough.

Also, I didnt realize we had so much time left! I could have vowed another model or two, but don't want to risk it at this point.

Great work everyone! I am very proud to be a Blood Angel right now!

Here it comes...

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow (for the fourth time) to complete a Death Company Captain with Jump pack, Thunder hammer, Storm shield, Bolt pistol, and Frag-Krak grenades of total value 129 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end !

The model will be completely repainted, to properly show Death Company colours!

It was vowed, so it was a certainty! Vow completed!

What a marathon... 

So fast :ohmy.:

He looks really cool and I imagine he stands out quite nicely from the DC - could do with knocking out one myself at some point :smile.:

Oh, and you beat me by, what, 90 minutes? Pfft. :wink:

Painting practically took 4 hours. I was relatively undisturbed and gluing was happening at the same time. Using a fan to attempt to accelerate drying, glue or paint.

It wasn't fully dry when I took the photos, and was up till late, but it was my only chance to do it.

As always, close up photos reveal painting mistakes that will have to correct later...

Ok, Crappy Pic and meh Paint Job incomming. One Down One to go. I'll have to go back and fix a lot of stuff I know will bother me later, but time is of the essence.

These are looking really good! No idea how you get a light colour so smooth so quickly... Keep up the pressure, you're almost there!

I literally Agraxed the Primer. Tough times call for tough measures. I'll probably Strip it and the one I'm working on now, after the event. I got a better Idea for a scheme, wink wink nudge nudge. Ni.

Vow 2 Complete

uWC1dnd.jpg

That might be the fastest I've ever painted a character.

I was going to use more gold but then decided it'd make him too shiny, and he is "the Grim" after all. I went for a more muted look than the Codex. The black trim is all highlighted with grey, I just didn't have the lighting for it to come out in the picture properly.

I'm tempted to find something else for a 3rd vow but I don't really have any more single characters ready to go. Risking the rest to try squeezing 5 scouts in for 55 points wouldn't really be ideal!

Vow 2 Complete

uWC1dnd.jpg

That might be the fastest I've ever painted a character.

I was going to use more gold but then decided it'd make him too shiny, and he is "the Grim" after all. I went for a more muted look than the Codex. The black trim is all highlighted with grey, I just didn't have the lighting for it to come out in the picture properly.

I'm tempted to find something else for a 3rd vow but I don't really have any more single characters ready to go. Risking the rest to try squeezing 5 scouts in for 55 points wouldn't really be ideal!

:jawdrop:

Very grim and excellent speed painting, congratulations!

Got some pretty crappy shots in the office, should have done it before the sun went round the building, but work...

The guy the cat killed is still at home, still needing glued back together - he's much the same as the other SG

Nothing particularly difficult or innovative -  black rattle-can base,Tin Bitz, then Burnished Gold and a Mithril Silver highlight.

Reds are Red Gore, Blood Red, then soft drybrush with Riza Rust and a Blood Angels Orange wash.

Dante's wings got a very soft drybrush highlight of Burnished Gold over the red bit

White bits are Dheneb Stone (great basecoat over black), then an old pot of something that's halfway between Bleached Bone & Skull White (it got some sepia shade in it once, it's a nice colour for parchment, and a base for white), then Skull White. Knocked back with a very watery sepia wash, then final white highlight.

Power weapons are a metallic blue craft paint I got from the Works, with blue glass paint wash - they look better in real life.

Jetpack exhausts are the white, then the same blue glass paint, then a swirl of Skull White like an inside drybrush.

The Emperor's Children Rhino on the base is GW Purple base paint (can't remember which exact shade, will edit), then Tamiya Pink.

Taniya Smoke over all the base metal bits, and some Riza Rust dabbed on tracks etc. (Pz4 track links, if anyone cares)

ACTZvWti_t.jpg 5QLg6qEj_t.jpg VchrdtFt_t.jpg oa9yiD1l_t.jpg Ghqjhq9n_t.jpg FWq44ZrZ_t.jpg yI1bInyN_t.jpg

PznT3he6_t.jpg t9uHG0HI_t.jpg glWKRdyU_t.jpg Oao5GUWf_t.jpg PitE4jiE_t.jpg rU5uirSw_t.jpg

And now I've seen all the bits I've missed, like Dante's base highlights, and his eyes.

And the highlights on the lenses...

And at least one Purity Seal...

:biggrin.:

I'm quite impressed how nicely that DC Chaplain model converted into a Dante - that was just one arm swap, and an SG head.

Did have a problem with the right shoulder pad jamming against the jumppack - the BluTac in the test fit must have been holding it far enough away that it wasn't an issue, but i needed to trim some of the pad down when it came to glue time.

VOW COMPLETE!

Volkite arm is below, can't get the Knight out to put it on but it's all magnetized :smile.:

qrzXiTN.jpg

jtNguOf.jpg

Congrats mate, never doubted you for a second :smile.: Looking forward to seeing them in person one day :smile.:

We'll have to see how the Angel's fare against the full might of House Malinax one day!

....I just need to paint the other two Questoris Knights and Armiger Helverins now ;)

Hidden Content

NO I AM NOT VOWING THEM.

Fantastic progress - very aggressive in true BA form! :tu:

Still some second and third vows are outstanding - make sure you complete them - it's paramount!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived