+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Blue tac a pose. Didn't realize the iron halo had such a defect. May saw it off and add something else. Pretty happy with pre-posing otherwise.

Very nice! Antor Delassio is a great model. I have 2 of those for just such occasions :D

Well, in order to stave off "a case of the Mondays" I'll go ahead and post a few WIP Shots of my Vow. Going into the weekend, I needed the last of the dark grey undercoats, some of the detail work, and the basing of these dudes. At this point, I'd consider these all almost completed undercoats (I took a few shots yesterday before I packed it in for the night). Later tonight I hope to get some drybrushed highlights and maybe some washes to get a more fulfilling, tabletop-ready look to these guys.

ETL 2018 Undercoat Vow 1

ETL 2018 Vow 1 Captain Front

ETL 2018 Vow 1 Captain Rear

ETL 2018 Vow 1 Corbulo Front

ETL 2018 Vow 1 Corbulo Rear

Good luck to everyone, and a not-so-subtle reminder that if you haven't vowed yet, give it a shot! I saw a few people posting small vows earlier, and I am very much a fan of doing a small initial vow and following it up. The sons of Sanguinius  need you!

Well, I see the momentum maintained in the BA camp! Well done guys - keep going!

So if I decide to do another vow, when must I sign up?

Any time you like! Some literally make their next vow in the same post as their previous completion, others wait until their time is right for them. Your choice! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well, I see the momentum maintained in the BA camp! Well done guys - keep going!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hi Semper, just to alert you - you’ve put my second vow on the first page as a second “Vow 1”

^^ Same here! :)

How many parts were in the box? Did you have much work on straightening of the parts, Horseman?

Um, there were a fair number of parts, but nothing crazy.

As far as the fit and straightness, well my Termite came from downunder. But as far as it goes it was perfectly straight, no warps and no bubbles. So I'd imagine if you were on the fence about getting one, I'd Highly Recommed it.

Vow complete

gallery_62972_9848_172073.jpg

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of this name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the following; one The Sanguinor; one Predator with twin lascannon, lascannon sponsons, hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; one Vindicator with hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; one 6-man Scout Squad; one Relic Whirlwind Scorpius with hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; one Tarantula Sentry Gun with twin lascannons; one Captain in Cataphractii Armour with relic blade, combi-melta; of total value 1026 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_62972_9848_922173.jpg

Vow complete

I Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of this name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the following; one The Sanguinor; one Predator with twin lascannon, lascannon sponsons, hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; one Vindicator with hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; one 6-man Scout Squad; one Relic Whirlwind Scorpius with hunter-killer missile, storm bolter; one Tarantula Sentry Gun with twin lascannons; one Captain in Cataphractii Armour with relic blade, combi-melta; of total value 1026 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Nice work! ...careful those bases show your age you old salt haha. I still love green rim!!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hi Semper, just to alert you - you’ve put my second vow on the first page as a second “Vow 1”

Thank you man - this was major mess up on my end - thanks for catching it early enough!

Vow complete

A completion and a hefty follow-up Jolemai? Well done venerable Reclusiarch!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I was planning to get my first vow done this weekend ... then I remembered there's a huge party I'm invited to this weekend as well. I guess I'll finish it next weekend then lol

That's a hell of a binge and hangover, haha! Seriously though, how's it going? You're so close to finishing it!

Rest assured, photo spam incoming.

Now that you've mentioned it :biggrin.:

gallery_105306_14251_70805.jpg

...my Contemptor is good to go. With room for some additional work surely. But hey, not all battle honors appear at once right?

EDIT: My plans for weekend has just been thoroughly ... WARPED. But I plan to go through as much of the remaining Devastators, Assback and Captain as possible. Next week will see my vow completed.

What else can we say about this Contemptor? Looking forward to the rest :thumbsup:

2nd Ram Completed:

gallery_60109_5815_1097397.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_453658.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_760451.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_99439.jpg

Just the Fire Raptor left and my vow will be completed.

Cheers

LM

The speed you are doing these is completely nuts, especially given the quality. You've certainly got this technique mastered :smile.:

Progress on Libby Dread.

OMG this base fought me tooth and nail ALL Day. Finally Happy with it.

Got Distracted by the Package in the Mail Today. Probably gonna be my Second Vow.

The Dreadnought is coming along really well (interesting choice of colours - I opted for a blue front panel with red elsewhere). As for the base, we're going to need a recipe for that!!

As for the Termite, hnngg <3

Mine are going to be the carmine blades, and because it's a Primaris dominant force the more barbaric practices that this successor is known for are not really present leaving them to embrace the heritage of their geneseed and bring honor to the chapter.

We've only got maybe 2/3 other Carmine Blades Frater on here so it will be great to see what you come up with :thumbsup:

A little more progress today:

gallery_40907_9492_96556.jpg

15/26 completed.

Cranking them out and you're even making those Scouts look decent. Excellent work!!

Progress on all of my vowed models so far. Messy spray job on the Proteus cleaned up and guns and tracks are now solid black. Basecoats down on mephiston and the primaris ancient, but most effort has been going into the chaplain:

gallery_58096_11797_437302.jpg

More pics in my plog soon. We have a long weekend in Switzerland, and I intend to make the most of it!

Chaplain Diabocca Complete:

gallery_58096_11797_18968.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_527677.jpg

More progress in the plog in my signature

That's a fantastic model you've created & painted; I never even considered a silver death mask, it would have been easier to achieve than my attempt. Care to part with your shiney silver recipe?

Excellent progress Jazzman! The icy blue is a brilliant touch :smile.:

Well, in order to stave off "a case of the Mondays" I'll go ahead and post a few WIP Shots of my Vow. Going into the weekend, I needed the last of the dark grey undercoats, some of the detail work, and the basing of these dudes. At this point, I'd consider these all almost completed undercoats (I took a few shots yesterday before I packed it in for the night). Later tonight I hope to get some drybrushed highlights and maybe some washes to get a more fulfilling, tabletop-ready look to these guys.

Good luck to everyone, and a not-so-subtle reminder that if you haven't vowed yet, give it a shot! I saw a few people posting small vows earlier, and I am very much a fan of doing a small initial vow and following it up. The sons of Sanguinius need you!

Coming along well and great advice :thumbsup: How did you go about that white please?

Another WIP, with now 3 units finished aside from basing.

med_gallery_104017_14504_205144.jpg

Progress is progress after all.

Great to see you're still going :smile.: It's interesting to see how you've split the painting into batch by squads rather than batch paint the lot. I guess it's helping you stay focused?

gallery_88305_14576_768925.jpg

Vow complete.

And for my second vow...

I SM1981 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought, 274pts:

Aiolos missile launcher [30pts]

Arachnus heavy lascannon battery [75pts]

Twin heavy flamer [34pts]

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought, 239pts:

Aiolos missile launcher [30pts]

Hellfire plasma carronade [40pts]

Twin heavy flamer [34pts]

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought, 356pts:

Cyclonic melta lance [75pts]

2x Heavy flamer [34pts]

Leviathan siege claw [72pts]

Meltagun [17pts]

Baal Predator, 166pts:

Storm bolter [2pts]

Twin assault cannon [44pts]

Two heavy bolters [20pts]

++ Total: 1035pts ++

On or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_88305_14576_217361.jpg

gallery_88305_14576_304497.jpg

gallery_88305_14576_1039300.jpg

Congratulations on an excellent first completion and that hefty second vow :wub: Just what we need to crank up our average. All the best for it :)

First vow completed! Feels good. Lots of detail on these Blood Angels models. I will now think hard about what to vow in my next vow.

Extra pics in spoilers. I am leaving the bases in “snowy” style for now, as I can’t decide on the basing scheme, and I actually think the white bases look pretty good.

Company Veterans:

365O3N3.jpg

VV SGT:

e3eipDi.jpg

Slashy Brothers:

IzIpgep.jpg

Shielded Brothers:

0WzfQ6I.jpg

I, Zebulon rise a second time to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and Angels Resplendent, and vow to complete the models listed below on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

https://i.imgur.com/JlalbtU.jpg

Box containing 5-man tactical squad (1 heavy flamer, 1 hand flamer) and Not Karlaen (to be known as Capt. Neal Rakton or maybe Capt. Ron Kantela :smile.: ) all assembled during Blood and Zeal and ready for the paint table!

https://i.imgur.com/Slh3zRN.jpg

Chaplain: eyes painted red only. Hope acceptable.

https://i.imgur.com/LOdoGOX.jpg

Limited edition Captain. Plasma coils painted but will repaint those anyway. Acceptable?

https://i.imgur.com/sJJunPb.jpg

Jump pack Chaplain, gorgeous model deserving better than the paint job I can give it.

Vow total: 473 points.

I know you were concerned about the gold but it's come out looking really well weathered imo - especially when compared with the rest of the armour, it's as if the atmosphere/enemy/conditions are tarnishing the metallics rather than the plasteel/ceramics. Congrats on a deserved completion!

A great follow up vow too :tu: I had built my Chaplain (the second link, clampack) for B&Z and found some bits tricky to complete. Will you paint it on the sprue?

Okay, I'm going to do a very small entry to participate. If I finish Calen in a humble time frame I will vow subsequent vows and hopefully add more to our final total. [pictures to follow this afternoon]

I Sanguinary Noviate Dont-Be-Haten rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete Captain Calen of the Carmine Blades: Equipped with Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, & Storm Shield of total value 129 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_92746_14190_527780.png

Edit: added picture

Blue tac a pose. Didn't realize the iron halo had such a defect. May saw it off and add something else. Pretty happy with pre-posing otherwise.

gallery_92746_14190_752384.jpg

gallery_92746_14190_1313356.jpg

Welcome to the event :thumbsup: Every little bit helps so don't worry about the small vow and as for having time (I know you said you were concerned elsewhere), you've still got over two months so again, don't worry and just paint it when you're ready to :smile.:

What's wrong with the iron halo though? :huh.:

Well ok here goes. Vow complete!

So if I decide to do another vow, when must I sign up?

:jawdrop:

• Yes you need to do another vow if you're painting to that standard
  • We're going to need a recipe for those wings

One of the spikes is warped. Looks like whoever cut him off the sprue wasn't kind to him. (Bought him off eBay and he came clipped)

Honestly didn't notice :blush:

Getting paid tomorrow and should have my replacement magnifying glass this weekend. I'll see what I can knock out this weekend and hopefully get a few more units up.

Edit: So many awesome paint jobs in here! Great job everyone!

Archived