+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete...

1 tactical squad with heavy flamer, flamer and combi-flamer

1 tactical squad with plasmagun, combi-plasma and multi-metla

1 scout squad with 4 sniper rifles, camo cloaks and one bolter

1 captain with plasma pistol and power sword

of total value 517 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_87937.jpg

Vow Complete:

gallery_40907_9492_52988.jpg

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete...

1 Stormraven with twin assault cannons, twin multi-meltas and two hurricane bolters (352)

1 Terminator Captain with Storm bolter and Relic blade (128)

1 Terminator Librarian with Combi-melta and force axe (149)

1 Terminator Chaplain with Storm Bolter and Crozius Arcanum (102)

1 Sanguinary Priest with Jump pack and power weapon (90)

1 Assault Marine squad with two metlaguns, an eviscorator, an inferno pistol and Meltabomb (145)

of total value 966 pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_40907_9492_296366.jpg

As mentioned, an exquisite completion and follow up :tu: Certainly looks like a good fight for Forum Champion this year :happy.:

So I've got a good news/bad news situation going on right now that if affecting progress with my vow.

Bad news is I've run out of supplies and am waiting for the postie to bring me an order

Good news is that I have been forced to start construction of what should be my third vow:

gallery_60109_5815_465817.jpg

I do have a vow related question though. Some of the internal parts will need to be painted before assembly in order for me to do this model justice. It will mostly be a bit of spray painting and hazard striping but would that affect my ability to pledge it? The alternative is I wait until I have made my third vow before I start building and painting the interior but then I risk running out of time.

Cheers

LM

First off, that will likely be the first Lamenters Thunderhawk we've seen - so obviously we're all eager to see it!

As mentioned above, should you choose to paint an interior they can't be done in advance. Should it be so, there will likely be a penalty applied but these are done on an as-and-when basis, however, how long do you perceive it will take to do and more pertinently, how long it will take to complete your current vow? If you build everything else now will a "quick" interior and glue take up more than a few evenings?

I got to apologise, brothers, for the very slow progress. With the unusual warm weather there is not much time for painting. But got 1 out of 2 captains painted...

gallery_82196_14224_351690.jpg

gallery_82196_14224_95540.jpg

med_gallery_82196_14224_14464.jpg

That "Captain" is excellent and I can safely say we're all looking forward to the next one :)

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

First off, that will likely be the first Lamenters Thunderhawk we've seen - so obviously we're all eager to see it!

As mentioned above, should you choose to paint an interior they can't be done in advance. Should it be so, there will likely be a penalty applied but these are done on an as-and-when basis, however, how long do you perceive it will take to do and more pertinently, how long it will take to complete your current vow? If you build everything else now will a "quick" interior and glue take up more than a few evenings?

If that's the case, I will do as much prep and dry fitting as possible, then prime the interior.

I want to make sure we get as many points from the vow. I don't see me running out of time on the THawk with a month and half to go and my current pledge about a weekend's worth of effort away from completion.

I will have to decide upon a name for it though....that could take a while.

Cheers

LM

I need to pick up the pace of my painting :/ 
Got stuck with the Banner details on the Terminator Ancient even though they are sculpted. Does that means the Valley of Procrastination has caught up with me??
I've finished the Tycho though and made good progress on Astorath. I'll post some pictures later this week.
I'm already thinking about my 3rd vow and that can be a mistake... :sweat:

As mentioned, an exquisite completion and follow up :thumbsup: Certainly looks like a good fight for Forum Champion this year :happy.:

I honestly don't think I have the point density at this time to reach that. I mean come on, I can't compete with stormbirds and thunderhawks :teehee: .

Here's a progress update:

Chaplain Dread is finished!

med_gallery_104017_14504_918923.jpg

WIP for Captain Slam and a Heavy Flamer Devi Squad

med_gallery_104017_14504_133866.jpg

Squad just need basing, and the Captain needs Washing and highlighting/edge highlighting.

Green bases, red lascannon tips? Oh that's so me :wub:

I spent a better part of 2 hours debating to myself what colors to paint the weapons on the dread. 

In the end I based it on the 2nd ed Chaplain sculpt, painting. You know, the best one. I have like 3 of them already.

I'm going to strip and repaint one later, but not for a vow.

I spent a better part of 2 hours debating to myself what colors to paint the weapons on the dread. 

In the end I based it on the 2nd ed Chaplain sculpt, painting. You know, the best one. I have like 3 of them already.

I'm going to strip and repaint one later, but not for a vow.

Rumour has it I'm a fan of that sculpt...

Thanks, but it's very simple really - just keep moving your shaking hands along one line. Works for me almost every time :biggrin.:

I'm a big fan of these for shaky hand syndrome now I'm getting old and trembly. Less useful when shaky hands are a key part of the technique though!

1134-thickbox_default.jpg

Great job guys! I myself had to invest in some steel balls to help mix my dropper bottles. Gotta finish a few details but life has been hogging all of my time.

Finally Vow Completed!!!!!!

Now thinking about second vow!!!!!

gallery_70994_14469_84035.jpg

gallery_70994_14469_98309.jpg

gallery_70994_14469_147145.jpg

gallery_70994_14469_119396.jpg

gallery_70994_14469_209667.jpg

I'm not familiar with the predator variant? Whats it called?

It is Mandaloriano Pattern, :biggrin.: . Instead of using Heavy Bolters for the Sponsons i used some Hurricane Bolters from a Stormraven kit.

OK guys - had a very busy week at work... :rolleyes:

I see some progress here which is good news - so keep it up, June is the unforgiving month (see what I did there?) :P

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived