Vow Complete!

Lieutenants

Sanguinary Priest

Librarian

Terminator Ancient

Furiosos

Cataphractii Captain

Jump Pack Captain

Sanguinor (had a lot of mishaps with him towards the end)

Malakim Phoros

Well done on a fine completion. Your Cataphractii Captain has turned out very well indeed and your idea for Malakim Phoros in inspired, I've not see it done that way before. Congrats!

Two weeks left if you have another character to paint :whistling:

STOP THE CLOCK!

I'm done. Currently sitting in Geneva Airport uploading these as I wont have time before 1st August, most likely!

5 tactical marines: melta, combi melta, power sword

Chaplain with Jump Pack: Inferno pistol

Captain: Thunderhammer combi grav (modelled on bike)

Mephiston, Lord of Death

Tycho the Lost

Primaris Ancient

Land Raider Proteus

Storm Hawk interceptor: 2x assault cannons, Typhoon missile launcher, las talon

4th company 2nd squad:

gallery_58096_14294_95764.jpg

gallery_58096_14294_201179.jpg

gallery_58096_14294_46527.jpg

Shaded and just needing based to finish them for the army.

And the bike captain. Not my best work as I'm pressed for time, but tabletop ready, just lacking washes and highlights.

gallery_58096_11797_737026.jpg

Also some better pics of Tycho: I'vwe gone back and based him, and worked on the ruined face:

gallery_58096_11797_283441.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_691402.jpg

And the banner

gallery_58096_11797_424902.jpg

All vowed models completed. Another thousand points for the Scions of Baal.

There won't be a second vow for me due to vacation, and I won't really be on here, but good luck to all frater, and keep them brushes moving.

Remember, a moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy. You have less time than you think. Git 'er done!

Edit: Let me know if I need to make a formal compilation of all painted models. They have all been posted here and in my plog already.

Congratulations on getting this done on time, it was quite tight in the end :)

Quite like the idea of a gold bike for the Captain, it gives me food for thought when i get around to doing one (Index be damned). What you've done to Tycho's face is an interesting and novel idea too :tu:

Enjoy your vacation :)

Thanks! Being active with posting photos of finished models helps to keep up the good momentum on painting. I have never painted this much in a little more than half a year. It looks like I will be able to field fully painted army in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately that hasn’t happened that many times before...

Just something that needs highlighting here, but joining in with the event and immersing oneself is the way forward and constantly provides results. Get those WIPs in and read the thread folks, join in with the fun :)

I kind of like the scout models, except for the heads. The problem is that there is so many different areas to paint, compared to full power armour. Points/work ratio is not good on these :smile.:

This. Even the old Scouts were the same on a points/time ratio...

I've never built rhino chassis that way. Does it work well?

Can i get back to you on that? :teehee:

The only thing I would recommend is the tracks being left off until you're finished. Anyone who has even done a 2nd edition Rhino chassis can tell you what a pain it is painting with the tracks on.

well, here we go. Vow 1 complete!

Start & finish:

gallery_32953_14693_629672.jpg

gallery_32953_14693_1107922.jpg

Still thinking if i should make a second vow. have a ton more to paint up, might even vow my warhound which sits around, although 2 weeks isnt that much time.

well, here we go. Vow 1 complete!

Start & finish:

gallery_32953_14693_629672.jpg

gallery_32953_14693_1107922.jpg

Still thinking if i should make a second vow. have a ton more to paint up, might even vow my warhound which sits around, although 2 weeks isnt that much time.

Congratulations on your completion - the paintwork is looking nice but a close up of your Librarian (and a parts list) would be great as he looks ace :smile.:

As for a new vow, if you fail anything you've done previously is lost so play it safe at this point. Do what you know you can do - i.e. a tank or a couple of characters. Sadly a Warhound may be a stretch in two weeks...

No real work done. Maybe this evening I can slap some paint on Calen. Fingers crossed.

If it isn't school, it's honeydo's. *sigh*

Now we have a hawk advisory in our area, so I have to be with the dogs when we let them out so one of the fuzzies doesn't get carried off as a meal!

Real life aside; I'm so impressed with how well we've done this go round! Congratulations graters! Keep up the great work! I've definitely enjoyed this section as a reprieve from school.

*crosses fingers*

I, Zebulon rise a fourth time to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels, and vow to complete the models listed below on or before August 1st, 2018, for a total points value of 186 by my calculations. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

1. Lieutenant with Jump pack, master crafted power sword and plasma pistol

2. Lieutenant with power fist and combi-melta

Before Photos:

oAr25dA.jpg

It took me a while to decide on a head for the jump pack Lieutenant, I will be using this:

7pXQ2QQ.jpg

I have a vague idea of fluff for these two; nothing groundbreaking but an idea of one being younger, prodigiously talented but rash and the other being a seasoned veteran who has risen through the ranks, who gets exasperated by his young comrade’s antics and has more than once had to save his hide. The models tell the story...

Still working on my vow. Slow going because of lots of things going on in my life. Only have a priest to do before I finish the second vow.

gallery_40907_9492_190096.jpg

I told family that I am going to be painting pretty much until the end of the month so I am hoping to knock out a third vow before the event is over. Cross your fingers!

*crosses fingers*

I, Zebulon rise a fourth time to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels, and vow to complete the models listed below on or before August 1st, 2018, for a total points value of 186 by my calculations. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

1. Lieutenant with Jump pack, master crafted power sword and plasma pistol

2. Lieutenant with power fist and combi-melta

Before Photos:

oAr25dA.jpg

It took me a while to decide on a head for the jump pack Lieutenant, I will be using this:

7pXQ2QQ.jpg

I have a vague idea of fluff for these two; nothing groundbreaking but an idea of one being younger, prodigiously talented but rash and the other being a seasoned veteran who has risen through the ranks, who gets exasperated by his young comrade’s antics and has more than once had to save his hide. The models tell the story...

Nice choice for a new vow - two weeks, two models, and if I can paint three tanks then you can get this done - we have faith in you! :tu:

Like the fluff too; it expands on the idea in the Codex since the reintroduction of Lieutenants nicely (along with our youngsters being at the forefront and veterans being able to hold back somewhat), and the weapon choice fits well too :)

All the best!

I’ve been slacking, but I recently got my vow (8 SG, kitbaahed dante, and sang ancient) in its final gold and all the wings base coated. I’ve got to get moving...

Would love to see a WIP if you have the time - sounds like it shouldn't take you too much longer either :)

Excellent work on those tanks. Have to say, the weathering on show during this event has been truly top notch from everyone who's dabbled in it :happy.:

As for the mojo, glad you have it back just in time! I'm certainly you can get it done in time, so keep plugging away!!!

Still working on my vow. Slow going because of lots of things going on in my life. Only have a priest to do before I finish the second vow.

gallery_40907_9492_190096.jpg

I told family that I am going to be painting pretty much until the end of the month so I am hoping to knock out a third vow before the event is over. Cross your fingers!

Meshing that Sergeant with the rest in inspiring; I may even have to try that myself one day - I've got another four at least knocking around :blush.:

As for the vow, you're doing amazingly well with it and if you have the time (in rl) to squeeze in a third vow then that would be really appreciated.

Have to say, I'm really humbled to see the effort from everyone this year. Keep going all, the end (and our destiny) is in sight!

I'm trying to figure out a doable 2nd vow that won't hurt our average vow size too bad. I'm thinking a single Knight, but will determine this weekend if I have enough time to pull it off. It would be my DC Knight Jol! All black and a couple red saltires shouldnt be too hard...

I'm almost finished (just one cloak to do) and thinking of doing a third vow as I want to get all my rhinos done, but two of them are in this state.

gallery_85153_13565_413885.png

I plan on completely painting over what's there since I want to try using oils but they are more than just base coasted. I guess I can slap a white wash over them if that helps.

I'm trying to figure out a doable 2nd vow that won't hurt our average vow size too bad. I'm thinking a single Knight, but will determine this weekend if I have enough time to pull it off. It would be my DC Knight Jol! All black and a couple red saltires shouldnt be too hard...

I think that at this point the 'average vow' value looses it's meaning. The most important are completions. So whatever you manage to do, will be simply perfect:thumbsup:

Brother Lemartes

Yesterday, 08:13 PM

I love the weathering! Any tips?

The fluff behind my force is that they are an armoured column that has been battered remorselessly. That make life easy with regards to being a "little heavy" in the weathering.

I just sponge on rhinox hide followed by leadbelcher on surfaces that I think would take the most damage, then some typhus corrosion to taste around the tracks and spotted allover the armour.

This hides a shoddy paint job and saves me doing highlights at all!

Archived