+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Congratulations, you corpse-worshiping, blood sucking vampire wannabes!! :wink::biggrin.:

A stellar performance for sure - it was awesome to see you rise in the second half of the event. Beating the Chaos Space Marines is no mean feat, and you pulled it off - just 343 guilty sparks. But even 1 point would have been enough... So my horned helmet's off to you!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now that I've read through all of Semper's hard work... I still can't believe we did it. So close...

We didn't hold those Gates- we conquered them!!

Spagunk, CONGRATULATIONS and again: CONGRATULATIONS!! Your models are so BA-ish :)

Jolemai, our beloved Reclusiarch! Without You, we would not be here. Be proud! :)

Making the signature banners fit takes a lot of chopping...

Keep in mind that there are medallion-style versions of all the badges - so feel free to use them and economise on your signature space. ;)

Making the signature banners fit takes a lot of chopping...

Keep in mind that there are medallion-style versions of all the badges - so feel free to use them and economise on your signature space. :wink:

You 'll laugh to learn that up until this moment I was editing all of them in a single image file which complied to regulations... today I found the right way...

Anyway, the Blood&Zeal2017 badge was excessively large for me (and there's no medal for it), so I edited that a bit.

I'm currently afk, but I do plan on doing a full roundup when I get back later this week.

Regardless, we wouldn't be in this position without you folks so the plaudits are for you and you alone. Congratulations to everyone on their completions and thanks to all for taking part :)

I'm currently afk, but I do plan on doing a full roundup when I get back later this week.

Regardless, we wouldn't be in this position without you folks so the plaudits are for you and you alone. Congratulations to everyone on their completions and thanks to all for taking part :)

Look forward to that! :)

Firstly let me congratulate you on your victory in ETL-VI! Kudos, sons of Sanguinius!

Secondly, as victors, I extend a special offer to you to embellish your fine models with fitting backgrounds...

med_gallery_63428_7083_113631.png

For those who do not know it, Inspirational Friday is a (generally) fortnightly event within its home in the Chaos Space Marines forum, in which a topic is set for members to write short (or long if the muse takes you) fluff/fan-fic pieces about their war bands, characters and models.

And here begins our fourteenth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2018: ETL mini

ETL-VI ended with a victory for the sons of Sanguinius!

While I myself vowed for the lapdogs of the Corpse-God this year, I do know a great many fantastic models were painted for the Chaos forums.

We’ve seen them, now tell us who they are.

The 14th challenge of Inspirational Friday 2018 is to write a piece about models completed for ETL-VI.

If you - like I - did not vow for Chaos (pray that the Call of Chaos is held this year so that you may seek redemption damnation!) then by all means give us a tale of models you completed for other forums,pitted against the forces of Chaos.

If you did not take part in this year’s ETL then focus on models you completed for a previous ETL...or simply completed recently ;)

Photos are not mandatory but are recommended (but your entry will not be judged on the models/photos).

IF2018: ETL models runs until the 24th of August.

Let us be inspired.

The winner of IF2018: ETL-VI Models shall claim the Octed amulet:gallery_63428_7083_6894.png

...and the honour of judging the next topic.

Please post entries not here but in the main IF2018 thread in the CSM forum.

And here begins our fourteenth challenge of Inspirational Friday 2018: ETL mini

The 14th challenge of Inspirational Friday 2018 is to write a piece about models completed for ETL-VI.

IF2018: ETL models runs until the 24th of August.

Let us be inspired.

This is a perfect opportunity to both flesh out your characters for the ++Feast of Blades++ and to enter inspirational Friday. You can see my dabblings with the darkside by clicking on the Octed Amulet of damnation in my sig.

Later than planned, but I've been afk since the end of the ETL and i'm still getting back up to speed...

First off and as is customary, here's the relevant bits from Semper's Final Report (have to say, I still smile every time I read it...):

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Announcement_V2.jpg

Captain Semper surveyed the field. 

The three-month battle was over, and Emperor knows how savage it has been. Captain Semper has seen it all before of course so he should not have been all that surprised by the carnage. Yet there was something that was troubling him…

- So, it is all over Captain, Interrogator Chaplain Javert said quietly.
- It is indeed Javert, it is indeed…
- Yet you seem troubled Captain, as if something is wrong…

The carnage was total. The savagery and brutality of battle was beyond anything seen before. The mangled bodies, the blood, the destroyed vehicles and the countless dead. In some cases the bodies were even unrecognisable as belonging to a human – or even a Xenos

- Something is wrong Javert, and it’s deeply troubling
- What did you expect Captain? The atrocities of Chaos are well known to us by now!
- But that’s the thing Javert, these were not done by Chaos… 
- No? But the savagery and the mutilation of the bodies…
- No Javert, that was done by the Emperor’s finest. That was done by the Blood Angels!

BLOOD ANGELS: E TENEBRAE LUX VI DOMINUS EXERCITUS!!! 

The Final Report consists of several Sections and for ease of access, each Section will in a different post. Please see below the links to each section

1. Section 1 - Overview
  2. Section 2 - ETL VI Magister: the Factions' Performance
  3. Section 3 - ETL VI Primus Inter Pares: Forums' Performance within each Faction
  4. Section 4 - ETL VI Dominus Exercitus: Forums' Performance across Factions
  5. Section 5 - Custos Fidei and Oathbreakers
  6. Section 6 - Badges of Excellence: Forum Champions
  7. Section 7 - Badges of Excellence: Faction Masters and ETL VI Martyr
  8. Section 8 - Badges of Excellence: Artificer / Master Artificer
  9. Section 9 - Captain Semper's Notes 

Archived