+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Sorry for the delay, been away from a proper computer for a few days and I can't do my pics on my work phone.

+++ I Interrogator Stobz of the Dark Angels, have required the most loyal Forge World of Mars to provide support for the upcoming galaxy wide ordeal. The tech priests have replied via the astropathy that a single Warhound Titan worth 2000 points is being prepared at a local forgeworld as support to our troops.

They were warned that should they fail to provide the support as required, sanctions from the First Legion will be imposed upon them without delay.

In response, a datapic was sent to attempt to show the magnitude of their work.39521694500_52ba3822d4.jpg

They were put on notice that no excuses will be tolerated and to work tirelessly in the Emperors' name.

Only in Death does Duty End

End of Report.+++

I know feel guilty my Warlord isn't near ready for painting!

Amazing pledge and look forward to seeing it all completed. That of course goes to all you zealous brothers.

Sorry, what? You have a Warlord and not pledging it? Oh man, unless you’re sure three months are not enough, it’s worth pledging it, even if it is the only thing you pledge! C’mon you know you want to! :)

I, plasmaspam, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete the following units worth 613 points, on or before 1st August 2018:

• Primaris Lieutenant (MC Auto Bolter, Power Sword, BP, Frag, Krak) (78)
  • Primaris Librarian (Force Sword, BP, Frag Krak) (101)
  • Primaris Squad Intercessors (x5, 5x Auto Bolters, 1x Aux Grenade Launcher, BP, Frag, Krak) (96)
  • Primaris Repulsor (Twin LC, Las Talon, Onslaught Cannon, Icarus Rocket Pod, 2x Krakstorm Launchers, 2x Fragstorm Launchers, 2x Autolaunchers) (338)
Success will mean i'll have finished painting something for the first time in two years, whilst failure will surprise nobody, and doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!
And Plasmaspam is here at last, it wouldn’t be the same without you! Welcome and good luck. (I’ll update tomorrow, my eyes are closing...)

It's not ready at all. I need to clean it, assemble it and then get it ready for painting. 3 months really isn't enough with my hobby schedule I'm afraid. I have a busy work and private life, so I'd be breaking an oath before even properly starting it. Maybe next year! I do know that it's going to be a Legio Dominatus titan, since they've actually crusaded with the Dark Angels recently.

I, Brother Karael, current Grand Master of the Watcher's of Verda'yaim, vow to complete a 5-man Company Veteran Squad with Combi-plasmas for a total of 159 points before the 1st of August 2018 in the honour of the 1st Legion. May the Lion guide my hand! 

DSC 00131

THE LEGION ASSEMBLES! 

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Deathwing-Horz.jpg

Welcome to the ETL Brother Karael - good luck with those vets! FOR THE HONOUR OF THE FIRST!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!!

I can't believe how hard Deathwing are to paint!!! I've stripped these terminators twice now this week and this is the last time I do that. Not been happy with the results is the reason I've stripped them twice. I'll get there I know it.

I can't believe how hard Deathwing are to paint!!! I've stripped these terminators twice now this week and this is the last time I do that. Not been happy with the results is the reason I've stripped them twice. I'll get there I know it.

What issues are you coming across?

Just the colour scheme really mate. I primed them first with army painter skeleton bone primer but it went on to thick the first time. second time I primed them again with the same primer but then started painting and got to the red deathwing symbol but it just looked terrible. Going for a white primer this third time to see if I get any joy. 

Just the colour scheme really mate. I primed them first with army painter skeleton bone primer but it went on to thick the first time. second time I primed them again with the same primer but then started painting and got to the red deathwing symbol but it just looked terrible. Going for a white primer this third time to see if I get any joy.

Maybe a grey primer and then the bone color through an airbrush or tedious hand brushing?

Yea, bone is not easy to paint, at all. And I play Angels of Absolution hahaha

I always use gray primer for my guys. If you want, I can give you the formula I use for AoA, though I use a lot of stages. My thread is somewhere down the page if you want some examples

Don't have an airbrush mate so I'll have to brush. I've got grey primer so could give that a try I suppose. I've seen loads of tutorials on youtube and every one is different it's a right pain in the :censored: 

Another tip for painting bone that I’ve figured out over the years. Whatever scheme you decide on, thin your paints down even more than you normally would for other colours. My base coat usually takes 2 coats. Then the subsequent colours are thinned down substantially, so it’s a more gradual buildup. To me that’s the biggest hang up when painting bone, there can be a very harsh difference between layers

I, Master Avoghai, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the DARK ANGELS and vow to complete;

1x Primaris Librarian - 101pts

6x Inceptors  -  270pts

=> Assault Bolters

1x Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought   -   202pts

=> Heavy Galtling Onlsaught  

=> Heavy Flamer  

=> 2x Frag-storm Launchers 

=> Redemptor Fist

1x 5 Primaris Helblasters   -  165pts

=> 5x Plasma Incinerators

1x 10 Primaris Intercessors   -   184pts

=> Sgt Power Sword

1x Primaris Ancient   -   69pts

1x Repulsor  -  334 pts

=> Laser Talon

=> Twin Link Lascannon

=> Gatling onlsaught Cannon

=> 2x Frag Storm Launchers

=> icarus rocket pod

of total value of 1325pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

41909789831_c35a9a0df6.jpg

My base coat usually takes 2 coats.

Teach me master. I had to go through 5 damn coats before I had a complete covering without smothering everything.

Really? What do you use for a base coat? And primer?

I just use Zandri Dust, but again, a bit more watered down than normal. Usually 2 coats of that, then one coat of 1:1 Zandri: Ushabti Bone, then a wash of Agrax. Then the layers begin haha

Sorry for the delay, been away from a proper computer for a few days and I can't do my pics on my work phone.

+++ I Interrogator Stobz of the Dark Angels, have required the most loyal Forge World of Mars to provide support for the upcoming galaxy wide ordeal. The tech priests have replied via the astropathy that a single Warhound Titan worth 2000 points is being prepared at a local forgeworld as support to our troops.

They were warned that should they fail to provide the support as required, sanctions from the First Legion will be imposed upon them without delay.

In response, a datapic was sent to attempt to show the magnitude of their work.

39521694500_52ba3822d4.jpg

They were put on notice that no excuses will be tolerated and to work tirelessly in the Emperors' name.

Only in Death does Duty End

End of Report.+++

You need to paint it faster than you did the Budgie ;)

Good luck :thumbsup:

I Isual, techadept of the unforgiven, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete one Dreadnought, one Predator and a spuad of Hellblasters of total value 694 Points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

I finally got my Hellblasters assambled and I'm burning to support our forces on our way to victory!

++ [32 PL, 694pts] ++

+ Elites [7 PL, 154pts] +
Dreadnought [7 PL, 154pts]:

Multi-melta
Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer

+ Heavy Support [25 PL, 540pts] +

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 350pts]
9x Hellblaster: 9x Assault plasma incinerator
Hellblaster Sergeant: Assault plasma incinerator, Bolt pistol

Predator [9 PL, 190pts]:

Twin lascannon
Two lascannons

Here my starting images.

med_gallery_85900_14531_281634.jpg

med_gallery_85900_14531_222867.jpg

I Lachdannan rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete Belial, a Deathwing apothecary and a 5 man unit of Deathwing, of total value 469 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_31084_14532_770611.jpg

I Isual, techadept of the unforgiven, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete one Dreadnought, one Predator and a spuad of Hellblasters of total value 694 Points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

I finally got my Hellblasters assambled and I'm burning to support our forces on our way to victory!

++ [32 PL, 694pts] ++

Dreadnought [7 PL, 154pts]: Multi-melta [27pts]

. Categories: Dreadnought, Vehicle, Faction: Dark Angels, Adeptus Astartes, Elites

. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer [57pts]: Heavy flamer [17pts]

. Categories: Infantry, Primaris, Faction: Dark Angels, Heavy Support, Hellblaster Squad, Adeptus Astartes

. 9x Hellblaster [315pts]: 9x Assault plasma incinerator [153pts]

. Hellblaster Sergeant [35pts]: Assault plasma incinerator [17pts], Bolt pistol

Predator [9 PL, 190pts]: Twin lascannon [50pts]

. Categories: Faction: Dark Angels, Heavy Support, Predator, Vehicle, Adeptus Astartes

. Two lascannons [50pts]: 2x Lascannon [50pts]

Here my starting images.

Hey dude, you'll need to edit out the individual points costs of your upgrades and just leave the unit total.

Cheers,

Jono

INEXORABLY FORWARDS!

dark_angels_dreadnoughts_by_reza_ilyasa-

I, Master Avoghai, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the DARK ANGELS and vow to complete;

1x Primaris Librarian - 101pts

6x Inceptors - 270pts
=> Assault Bolters

1x Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought - 202pts
=> Heavy Galtling Onlsaught
=> Heavy Flamer
=> 2x Frag-storm Launchers
=> Redemptor Fist

1x 5 Primaris Helblasters - 165pts
=> 5x Plasma Incinerators

1x 10 Primaris Intercessors - 184pts
=> Sgt Power Sword

1x Primaris Ancient - 69pts

1x Repulsor - 334 pts
=> Laser Talon
=> Twin Link Lascannon
=> Gatling onlsaught Cannon
=> 2x Frag Storm Launchers
=> icarus rocket pod

of total value of 1325pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Master Avoghai! :woot: The old Masters return! Welcome man and now we're gonna show those lesser Chapters who's boss! Best of luck mate!

++ [32 PL, 694pts] ++

Dreadnought [7 PL, 154pts]: Multi-melta [27pts]
. Categories: Dreadnought, Vehicle, Faction: Dark Angels, Adeptus Astartes, Elites
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer [57pts]: Heavy flamer [17pts]

. Categories: Infantry, Primaris, Faction: Dark Angels, Heavy Support, Hellblaster Squad, Adeptus Astartes
. 9x Hellblaster [315pts]: 9x Assault plasma incinerator [153pts]
. Hellblaster Sergeant [35pts]: Assault plasma incinerator [17pts], Bolt pistol

Predator [9 PL, 190pts]: Twin lascannon [50pts]
. Categories: Faction: Dark Angels, Heavy Support, Predator, Vehicle, Adeptus Astartes
. Two lascannons [50pts]: 2x Lascannon [50pts]

Here my starting images.

Welcome Isual - always good to see new blood joining the ranks of the First! And with a hefty vow too! Good luck mate!

I Lachdannan rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete Belial, a Deathwing apothecary and a 5 man unit of Deathwing, of total value 469 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

And Lachmadan joins in on the side of the Dark Angels! This is going to be a good ETL guys, a good ETL!

Now this is the last Sunday before the first Weekly Update! I suggest you get some vows in to show the strength of the mighty First when the Update hits!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey dude, you'll need to edit out the individual points costs of your upgrades and just leave the unit total.

Cheers,

Jono

Sorry, it was late yesterday. I edited my post, but the quotes still remain.

Archived