+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Stobz, this is gonna be one cracking titan.

Semper, I'm going for the same blue that Duncan uses in his guide for plasma. It's slightly different to the blue I use for the rest of my army's plasma, but I think I like it better. As for a purple phase, maybe you're royalty?

Here comes backup!
I, Darmor, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete Deathwing Tartaros Terminator Squad of total value 241 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.
The "before" pic:

Tartaros Before

I've been wanting to go purple but cant decide. All my plasma is just celestra grey at the moment. Would love to hear how youre doing your purple Semper?

Well, as always, I like to keep it simple but effective! So, undercoat black, basecoat Xereus Purple (make sure you have good coverage). Then the obligatory Druchii Violet and wait until it's TOTALLY dry. Then I go for extreme contrast (not gradual highlighting, extreme) with Genestealer Purple mixed with white scar - 50-50 or even more bias towards white... Then optionally a very light dry-brushing of pure white. Works well I think...

Hidden Content

med_gallery_27176_11729_51898.jpg

Here comes backup!

I, Darmor, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete Deathwing Tartaros Terminator Squad of total value 241 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

The "before" pic:

REINFORCEMENTS AT LAST!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_-HZLorI1B0w/S4VqJa0D0WI/AAAAAAAAKwc/1Ao_Av78fyA/s800/Dark%20Angels%20old%20codex%20artwork.jpg

Welcome Darmor, a much needed addition to the ranks of the Unforgiven! Is it going to be DAs or successor?

Good to see the Veterans return!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Welcome Darmor, a much needed addition to the ranks of the Unforgiven! Is it going to be DAs or successor?

It will be Dark Angels, a nice little addition to my Deathwing.

Welcome Darmor, I look forward to seeing some Tartaros in Deathwing colours!

Finally finished my knights and chaplain, took a lot longer than I thought they would but I am happy with how they turned out. The Fallen shall tremble! Still lots to go on my vow but I will keep at it!

gallery_47372_14439_111215.jpg

Great progress guys, but this update is not going to be super good news... :(

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Brother_Bethor, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the First legion, the Mighty Dark Angels and vow to complete one Interrogator-Chaplain and one Tactical Squad of total value 268 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow composition:

Interrogator-Chaplain: power fist

Tactical Squad: 10 marines, sergeant armed with chainsword & plasma pistol. Squad has plasma cannon, plasma gun.

Pics "before":

gallery_5289_14608_936879.jpg

gallery_5289_14608_655152.jpg

Excellent work brother_bethor. May our standards soar high in your hands.

Here's a couple of WIP shots of my Redemptor. A note I've forgotten to mention before, the weird angle is due to the legs and torso not being attached together yet and the balancing hence required. True story.

med_gallery_3547_14064_666950.jpg

med_gallery_3547_14064_538949.jpg

I feel its coming along nicely. Nit too much left before I can go over the caliban green and get to highlighting. Not too sure about the tassle bits on the front of the sarcophagus mind you, might need to look at that in a few different lights.

Cheers!

gallery_106278_14607_543290.jpgFinally This is my 1st vow

1 primaris lieutant

1 master in gravis armor

1 devastator squad 3 las cannon 1 plasma cannon 1 sergeant combi plasma

1 primaris chaplain

1 primaris repulsor

should be 816 points

Okay Boys what are your thoughts so far? I stated my first Vow yesterday how am i doing so far? Disciples of Caliban as well so you have an idea of paint scheme. Id also like to credit @greenz for the suggestion in another post of using earthshade for my shading of power armor I really love the look so far cheers mate!

Also im super open to any suggestions as I go along gallery_106278_14607_501605.jpggallery_106278_14607_907548.jpggallery_106278_14607_1238219.jpggallery_106278_14607_1085009.jpg

I, Angel of Solitude, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the First legion and vow to complete one Sammael on Sableclaw, one Talon Master and one squad of 10 Hellblasters of total value 734 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

ODfQREO.jpg?1

This is the first time I have painted in a very long time, so please go easy on me :)

I, Angel of Solitude, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the First legion and vow to complete one Sammael on Sableclaw, one Talon Master and one squad of 10 Hellblasters of total value 734 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

*snip for space conservation*

This is the first time I have painted in a very long time, so please go easy on me :smile.:

Welcome on board, I'm sure you will bring honor to our chapter. :thumbsup:

Archived