+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

derelinqueren, those cataphractii are looking baller. Reminds me that I need to get a squad of those models when I finish my current projects :happy.:

EDIT:

Tiny update on my vow, here is the sergeant of the Veteran squad I have vowed. 

WIP4

Stobz, what’s going on here? You’re being... productive?!?!

But in all seriousness, Slackius Ultimus is looking spectacular brother!

Lost, that birdies looking awesome too!

So I have a small WIP for you. I just finished my testmodel for my Hellblasters. Hope you like it, but I'm always open for advice.

med_gallery_85900_14531_72386.jpg med_gallery_85900_14531_88057.jpg

Jeez Louise that's hot stuff!

I won for the Lion last night BTW, forgot to grab pics but I faced iron hands.

Glory to the Angels of Darkness, Glory to the Unforgiven! Well done brother - you showed those pesky traitors the true meaning of loyalty!

I don't know people paint up Titans or vehicles in the time it takes me to paint up 5 dudes. Still I have done progress!

Great progress there derelinqueren - those "5 dudes" rock!

Pic of progress for May :tongue.: Loving having spare time...

42322404412_b2fc1b240a.jpg

Those Termies are WICKED DQ!!!

OK, this is "Master Artificer" league... What colour the head? Red maybe? :yes:

Also guys, there is less than a week to get in new recruits, by next Friday everything will be over... So if anyone is still on the fence, throw doubt aside and come an joint the cause of the Lion!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Shadowguard, Keeper of the Fortress, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete 3 x Land Raider Proteus and 3 x Land Speeder Tempests  of total value of 1559 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and the blessings of the Lion and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker and whimper within Chamber 42 until the year-end

Flight of the Ravens: Squadron of 3 x Ravenwing Land Speeder Tempests [450 pts]

Believe it or not these were base coated for ETL III in 2013 and have remained within their production hangars awaiting the rise of the primarch.  Each Tempest is armed with an assault cannon and  2 xTempest Salvo launchers to the value of 150pts.

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/IMG_9218S.jpg

Rumble of the Iron Wing: Squadron of 3 x Land Raider Proteus [1109 pts]

Again believe it or not but these three were purchase don ebay just before the new LR MkIII kit was released oh so long ago... they are each in their requisition livery and will be base coated in black to comply with the rules.

Unfortunately I realised that all my paints, spray cans and glue have hardened after five years of disuses and hence emergency suply drop has been requested. I will post an appropriate black base coated image of these three as soon as I receive the supplies this week.

Land Raider Proteus with 2 x twin lascannon and  [364]

Land Raider Proteus with 2 x twin lascannon and  [364]

Land Raider Proteus with 2 x twin lascannon and twin heavy bolter [381]

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/IMG_9217S.JPG

May the Lion bless our endeavours and bring death and bitter defeat to our opponents!

Till the sword is reforged!

SG

PS: having not played the game since 4th edition please let me know if I've stuffed up the points count  (IA: Index Forces of the Adeptus Astartes)

Supreme-Grand-Master-Azrael-combat.jpg

THE SHADOW GUARD IS HERE!

At last, the Grand Master of the Inner Circle has finally arrived - and what a vow too! 

I sure hope you make it SG, this is a rich vow in model count, points' values, diversity and nostalgia! :D Good luck Grand Master! And I sure hope more will follow your example!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Excellent progress Malarki - I love the DoC - see my sig. :wink: Any plan on doing the bases? 

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Excellent progress Malarki - I love the DoC - see my sig. ;) Any plan on doing the bases? 

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

No idea how to do bases tell me how semper or link a video

Well, bases are not necessary if you're not comfortable with it. But, since this is the ETL, you may as well go the extra step. A good starting point would be a simple application of GW texture paints. Just remember: thick layers of paint (unlike the thinned-down paints that you use for miniatures) and leave them a long time to dry - like overnight... 

Try on a spare base first to see how it plays out..

I'll bite. Starting small as I am away for a good amount of this challenge. I'll hopefully get to adding another pledge once this one is done and the painting bug is in full swing.

I LHG033 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete 1 Primaris Lieutenant with plasma pistol and power sword of total value 81pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

(Pic to be uploaded soon - parts all still on the sprue)

proof of/before pic:

gallery_20758_14634_1061941.jpg

Yesterday, for the first time in 3 weeks I've picked up a paintbrush to do...something, anything on my vow. After barreling through with airbrush basecoats and such right at the start, progress came to a grinding halt with weekends spent at birthdays, weddings and in Hyrule.

But alas, I will persist. 10 minutes a day...grinding through the slog. 

Vow 1 is complete. Inceptor Squad Vollmann stands ready to bring death from the skies:

gallery_92875_14514_131723.jpg

The GW stands are pretty rubbish, so I used 5mm clear tube w 3mm magnets, and greenstuffed the magnets to the marines. Ended up with a variety of slightly different lengths and positions, and they're robust enough I can pick the model up and place it without worrying about whether the figure's going to come off.

On to Vow 2 then...reeeeally looking forward to this one: I, Brother Worsey of the Secret Order, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and make a second vow to complete 1 Company Ancient w Bolter (63), 1 Primaris Lieutenant w Auto Bolt Rifle (74) and 3 x 5 man squads of Scouts w shotguns/bolters/1 x Heavy Bolter (186) of total points value 323 on or before 1st August 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and the blessing of the Lion. Failure will doom me to wear the badge of oathbreaker until the year end.

gallery_92875_14514_464507.jpg

So much fiddly painting for so few points...for Mortikah, and the Lion!

Hey a week off so progress, progressed:

Vow i complete:

intercessor2

So now onto the much more ambitious vow II

I, derelinqueren, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete:

Company Champion (44pts)

Inceptors (w/ assault bolters) (135pts)

Company Veterans (2 man lascannon team) 62pts x 2

Company Veterans (5 man ) 102pts

Devastator squad (missile launchers + storm bolter) 232 pts

Total: 637pts

mk3champion

mk3pavise1

mk3pavise2

mk3vetsfirewing

mk4devstart

inceptor1