+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Here goes brothers....

I, FIERCE BEAR, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the DARK ANGELS and vow to complete:

1 5-man Tactical Squad (Sgt w. chainsword, Special Weapon, Plasma Gun) - 78 pts

1 5-man Devastator (Sgt w. Powerfist, 2x Heavy Bolters, 1x Lascannon, 1x Missile Launcher) - 147 pts

1 5-man Deathwing Sqd (1x Assault Cannon, 1x Chainfist & Watcher of the Dark) - 227pts

Of total value of 447 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and the blessings of the Lion and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Welcome Fierce Bear to the B&C and the ETL! Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions! :smile.:

@Captain Semper - second vow in same post as vow 1 completion! Lmk if you want it in a separate post and I'll edit it later.

No, no, that's fine - I had already registered it! Everything's in order! :biggrin.:

Oh... ok... here goes nothing:

I, Tygwyn, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the DARK ANGELS and vow to complete 1 x Land Raider Crusader, with all the upgrades I can (I will need to get back home to my Codex to work out the points and post the ‘before’ image).

Success will bring me eternal glory and the blessings of the Lion; failure will doom me to wear the badge of the oath-breaker until the year end.

Welcome back Tyg! Don't forget to edit the pics and let me know of the total points! :wink: Good luck brother!

Real life had been conspiring against me the first couple weeks of the ETL, but this last week Ive managed to sit down and get cracking on my Typhoons. First one is complete, second one is base coated and up to the wash stage

Hidden Content

med_gallery_71758_11985_184334.jpgmed_gallery_71758_11985_28705.jpg

Im about a week behind where I wanted to be, and with camping this weekend Itll probably be mid- late next week I finish my first vow

:eek: This is amazing work man! The most heroic conversion I've seen... Keep going brother - and we all know the Speeder will keep flying on pure willpower of the pilots!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The Inner Circle’s requests for reinforcements have been received, and they shall not go unheeded!

After careful deliberations and with the explicit permission (and even encouragement) from the Supreme Grand Master (my wife), I hereby submit my second vow for this year’s ETL.

I, Almagor rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete this ancient and most venerable Land Raider Achilles of total value of 425pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Land Raider Achilles – 270pts.

• Quad Launcher – 45pts.
  • Twin Multi-melta x2 – 108pts.
  • Storm Bolter – 2pts.

Total - 425 pts.

med_gallery_96682_12924_24954.jpg

The Inner Circle’s requests for reinforcements have been received, and they shall not go unheeded!

After careful deliberations and with the explicit permission (and even encouragement) from the Supreme Grand Master (my wife), I hereby submit my second vow for this year’s ETL.

I, Almagor rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete this ancient and most venerable Land Raider Achilles of total value of 425pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Land Raider Achilles – 270pts.

• Quad Launcher – 45pts.
  • Twin Multi-melta x2 – 108pts.
  • Storm Bolter – 2pts.

Total - 425 pts.

med_gallery_96682_12924_24954.jpg

The Inner Circle acknowledges Master Almagor's contribution - your vow is registered! Good luck brother!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

With the completion of my squad of Hellblasters my first vow is finaly done.

To make it easy here a compilation of my final pics.

Dreadnought

med_gallery_85900_14531_143762.jpg

Predator

med_gallery_85900_14531_146839.jpg

Hellblasters

sml_gallery_85900_14531_72386.jpgsml_gallery_85900_14531_88057.jpg

med_gallery_85900_14531_243094.jpg

med_gallery_85900_14531_136537.jpg

A second vow will follow soon, but I have to think what I will include in it first.

I was all set on posting a WIP tonight but I just can't at this stage keep the file size as low as b&c permits and have a decent image. I'll grab a group pic on e I'm done with the first vow. Starting on intercessors tomorrow, should be a lot quicker than a redemptor.

Good old work software, much better than my phone at cropping. Plasma is done and was a lot quicker than i'd anticipated. Just the base and decals to go which I will do at the same time as the rest of my vow. On to Intercessors!

med_gallery_3547_14064_384133.jpg

With the completion of my squad of Hellblasters my first vow is finaly done.

To make it easy here a compilation of my final pics.

Dreadnought

med_gallery_85900_14531_143762.jpg

Predator

med_gallery_85900_14531_146839.jpg

Hellblasters

sml_gallery_85900_14531_72386.jpgsml_gallery_85900_14531_88057.jpg

med_gallery_85900_14531_243094.jpg

med_gallery_85900_14531_136537.jpg

A second vow will follow soon, but I have to think what I will include in it first.

Congrats Isual - your completion is registered! Now continue to make the Inner circle proud and vow again! :laugh.:

Great work you guys!!!

My efforts at harassing the Mechanicum are bearing fruit of the non low hanging variety:

+++Noggin complete+++

41847048314_ff35f66689.jpg

Stobz, this is remarkable work mate, just stunning... Can't wait to see it all put together! Keep going brother!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Airbrushing and drybrushing is done. Now the real work begins.

med_gallery_96682_12924_387145.jpg

Aww man I was all set on DW colours for mine, now you go and show me it in battle company green and it looks the nuts!

Stobz man, I know we give you a hard time for all the slacking, but your skills in painting are sublime! Those are the smoothest layers of metalics i've ever seen.

Stobz bleeds metallic... And green

Yeah, green is the go go!

One day when I’m rich mine will be green too. :tongue.:

Aww man I was all set on DW colours for mine, now you go and show me it in battle company green and it looks the nuts!

My reasoning for painting it green is as follows:

All vehicles belong to the chapter Armorium and thus should be in the chapter's default color: green.

When a vehicle is permanently attached to a company and becomes part of it's organic motor pool, it receives the appropriate color scheme and iconography: squad markings on rhinos and razorbacks, black color and ravenwing insignia on land speeders and of-course bone color and deathwing insignia on land raiders (only those serving as dedicated transports for terminators!) and venerable dreadnoughts.

Since the land raider Achilles has no troop carrying capacity at all, it makes no sense for it to be permanently attached to the first company, only temporary as part of a larger task force. Hense: it's green by default. Same logic should apply IMHO for land speeder storm and stormtalon gunships.

Also: I just really like painting green...

Magnet WIP:

27759803117_907b2b110b_z.jpg

Yes, there's another gun for me to paint...

Stobz man, I know we give you a hard time for all the slacking, but your skills in painting are sublime! Those are the smoothest layers of metalics i've ever seen.

Two Thin Coats ;)  :P

(more like six)

Brothers and sisters of the Unforgiven. I recently had a house fire and the models I pledged cannot be found after the clean-up. I still plan to at least finish the pledge, but sadly it may not be completed by the due date. May the Lion forgive my failure. I did at least save my Supreme Grand Master, Azrael and I plan to paint him in lieu of my first pledge for now. Glory to the first, and praise the Lion

Archived