+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Brothers and sisters of the Unforgiven. I recently had a house fire and the models I pledged cannot be found after the clean-up. I still plan to at least finish the pledge, but sadly it may not be completed by the due date. May the Lion forgive my failure. I did at least save my Supreme Grand Master, Azrael and I plan to paint him in lieu of my first pledge for now. Glory to the first, and praise the Lion

Terrible news brother!  If it wasn't so darn expensive (I checked) I'd send over a Tactical squad to get you back up and running.  I hope it was all insured?

Edit: I forgot my original reason for posting durrrr

I'm thinking of my second vow being 3 Armiger Warglaives, it seems I can do this re: the rules and that I use the latest IK codex?  Am I correct?  Should I report to a certain cell we all know "fondly".

OK everyone, we need to see some completions before the next Weekly Update - the BAs are keeping the pace and although they have smaller vows and exactly the same amount of participants, they lever up their resources much better than we do... And we're about to enter "procrastination month" so keeping the pace is very important! 

Brothers and sisters of the Unforgiven. I recently had a house fire and the models I pledged cannot be found after the clean-up. I still plan to at least finish the pledge, but sadly it may not be completed by the due date. May the Lion forgive my failure. I did at least save my Supreme Grand Master, Azrael and I plan to paint him in lieu of my first pledge for now. Glory to the first, and praise the Lion

Terrible news brother!  If it wasn't so darn expensive (I checked) I'd send over a Tactical squad to get you back up and running.  I hope it was all insured?

Edit: I forgot my original reason for posting durrrr

I'm thinking of my second vow being 3 Armiger Warglaives, it seems I can do this re: the rules and that I use the latest IK codex?  Am I correct?  Should I report to a certain cell we all know "fondly".

You are totally correct and we look forward! :)

What?!?! :o

I sure hope the fire was contained and your house still stands! And I assume that no-one got hurt - that would be terrible! Recover your losses and don't worry about the ETL... Real life really intervened here...

OK everyone, we need to see some completions before the next Weekly Update - the BAs are keeping the pace and although they have smaller vows and exactly the same amount of participants, they lever up their resources much better than we do... And we're about to enter "procrastination month" so keeping the pace is very important!

The Inner Circle demands we make good on our solemn vows and this loyal son of the Lion shall not be found wanting!

I thus present to you, my brothers, this ancient and most venerable Land Raider Achilles! Resplendent in its Dark Angels Armorium paint scheme, it bears its many battle honors and battle scars* with equal pride.

With this model finished, I make good on my second vow for this year’s ETL.

For the Lion and the Emperor!

*Note to self: Stop being such a cowardly lion and do heavier weathering. Also, get a bigger light box and backdrop…

med_gallery_96682_12924_1139042.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_388769.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_704186.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_853527.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_989163.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_296545.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_1094103.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_541875.jpg

AWESOME!!!!!

Yep, needs a bit of weathering. ;)

Maybe a bit of really light Ironbreaker drybrushing for scratches and a really drybrush of a dust colour around the lower areas. ???

AWESOME NONETHELESS!!!

Sorry for shouting :P

Hellblasters nearing completion. No advanced painting techniques I'm afraid - just simple base colours to make them ready for my tournament next weekend. Finishing touches to do early next week, then it's on to the Talonmaster and Sableclaw.

du062gG.jpg?1HpMGxGQ.jpg?1yGYRgtS.jpg?1

AWESOME!!!!!

Yep, needs a bit of weathering. :wink:

Maybe a bit of really light Ironbreaker drybrushing for scratches and a really drybrush of a dust colour around the lower areas. ???

AWESOME NONETHELESS!!!

Sorry for shouting :tongue.:

Thank you!

I'm really bad at weathering at the moment and always afraid of messing up. Also I have a really bad experience with drybrushing metallic colors, it leaves stray flakes of metal pigment all over the model...

I actually tried applying some dark earth pigment to the tracks, but then when I airbrushed matt varnish to seal it, it blew most of it away :wacko.:

Like I said, proper weathering is not my forte... But i promise to get better :rolleyes:

AWESOME!!!!!

AWESOME NONETHELESS!!!

Thank you!

I'm really bad at weathering at the moment and always afraid of messing up. Also I have a really bad experience with drybrushing metallic colors, it leaves stray flakes of metal pigment all over the model...

I actually tried applying some dark earth pigment to the tracks, but then when I airbrushed matt varnish to seal it, it blew most of it away :wacko.:

Like I said, proper weathering is not my forte... But i promise to get better :rolleyes:

A cheap way to fix powders is a meth wash :wink:

EDIT: Just looked on my laptop instead of my phone, your scratches are already cool, don't know how I missed them on my phone :P  Just some dirt or dust on the tracks etc would be ample extra weathering.

So Brothers, my second vow is incoming.

I Isual rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels once again and vow to complete a chaplaint, a master in catapfractii armor, a tactical squad, 3 company veterans, a unit of Deathwing Knights and a venerable Dreadnought of total value 805 Points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

+++ ETL (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [46 PL, 805pts] +++

+ HQ +
Chaplain [5 PL, 72pts]: Bolt pistol
Master in Cataphractii Armour [8 PL, 149pts]: Relic blade, Storm bolter
+ Troops +
Tactical Squad [5 PL, 74pts]: 3x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. Special Weapon Marine: Flamer
+ Elites +
Company Veterans [8 PL, 95pts]
. Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Grav-gun
. Veteran Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-grav
Deathwing Knights [12 PL, 250pts]
. 4x Deathwing Knight: 4x Storm shield
. Knight Master: Storm shield
Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 165pts]: Missile launcher, Twin lascannon
I think I got the point thing right this time.
Some thoughts about the Units:
I was absolutly amazed as i found out, my leftover Veterans can build a legit unit now (the apothecary and the Banner bearer are already painted).
The master will propably be played as a count as Belial as I don't like his original model that much. But as they are just 1 point apart why bother with count as shenanigans.
Last thougt: Im running out of stuff to paint. :blink.: Any advices what I realy shouldn't miss out in my army? A talon master is already on its way to me and he will be, together with Azrael, in my 3rd vow.
Starting Pictures will be provided soon.
Before pictures added.
med_gallery_85900_14531_45523.jpg
med_gallery_85900_14531_132999.jpg
med_gallery_85900_14531_22198.jpg

Rushed, Stobz? Looking mighty fine to me.

I DID actually finish my knight yesterday, 6-7 hours of straight painting with some of the guys from the club. We had an event for "celebrating" the closure of our Stick and Carrot painting pledge thing (that's the name at the club - it's 6 months, 1 pledge per month, for every month failed you buy drinks, if you miss the total, you bring cake/candy/whatever), so we decided to... paint. Plan was originally to play a lot of boardgames, but noone except me really brought any, so that didn't really happen.

I'm fairly pleased with the result, which I will try to post proof of asap.

Well done, get those pics up soon :tu:

I've got to green stuff sculpt two joints on the weapon covers, to find a way to magnetize the hips (might need a really strong one), to tidy all the bits that get rubbed off while I work, and finally to matt varnish. Then this is done.

Should be less than a week... don't jinx it Stobz :P

alright boys what do you think?

getting down to the home stretch mhmm

I think great! :woot: Excellent choice to go green on the robes and very well executed. It is one of my favourite Primaris minis (although I always thought the Crozius could have been more elaborate) and its great to see it in DA colours! Well done!

The Inner Circle demands we make good on our solemn vows and this loyal son of the Lion shall not be found wanting!

I thus present to you, my brothers, this ancient and most venerable Land Raider Achilles! Resplendent in its Dark Angels Armorium paint scheme, it bears its many battle honors and battle scars* with equal pride.

With this model finished, I make good on my second vow for this year’s ETL.

For the Lion and the Emperor!

*Note to self: Stop being such a cowardly lion and do heavier weathering. Also, get a bigger light box and backdrop…

Hidden Content

med_gallery_96682_12924_1139042.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_388769.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_704186.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_853527.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_989163.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_296545.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_1094103.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_541875.jpg

ok, this is FANTASTIC! The attention to detail, the markings, the chapter badges and that strange green... Top notch stuff. I'd not be to fussed with weathering - sometimes less is more. And we're DAs, we keep our equipment in pristine condition - otherwise all those termie armour would have rusted after all those millenia! :laugh.: But if you can pull off some (measured) battle damage, that'd be most welcome!

Any plans for a follow-up vow?

AWESOME!!!!!

AWESOME NONETHELESS!!!

Yeah, that'd be cool... Don't over do it though... :wink:

Hellblasters nearing completion. No advanced painting techniques I'm afraid - just simple base colours to make them ready for my tournament next weekend. Finishing touches to do early next week, then it's on to the Talonmaster and Sableclaw.

Hidden Content

du062gG.jpg?1HpMGxGQ.jpg?1yGYRgtS.jpg?1

Very well made, crisp and clean - i really like your style man - really do! Keep it up, the Unforgiven need those points badly! :biggrin.:

So Brothers, my second vow is incoming.

I Isual rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels once again and vow to complete a chaplaint, a master in catapfractii armor, a tactical squad, 3 company veterans, a unit of Deathwing Knights and a venerable Dreadnought of total value 805 Points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

+++ ETL (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [46 PL, 805pts] +++

+ HQ +
Chaplain [5 PL, 72pts]: Bolt pistol
Master in Cataphractii Armour [8 PL, 149pts]: Relic blade, Storm bolter
+ Troops +
Tactical Squad [5 PL, 74pts]: 3x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. Special Weapon Marine: Flamer
+ Elites +
Company Veterans [8 PL, 95pts]
. Veteran Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-grav
Deathwing Knights [12 PL, 250pts]
. 4x Deathwing Knight: 4x Storm shield
. Knight Master: Storm shield
Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 165pts]: Missile launcher, Twin lascannon
I think I got the point thing right this time.
Some thoughts about the Units:
I was absolutly amazed as i found out, my leftover Veterans can build a legit unit now (the apothecary and the Banner bearer are already painted).
The master will propably be played as a count as Belial as I don't like his original model that much. But as they are just 1 point apart why bother with count as shenanigans.
Last thougt: Im running out of stuff to paint. :blink.: Any advices what I realy shouldn't miss out in my army? A talon master is already on its way to me and he will be, together with Azrael, in my 3rd vow.
Starting Pictures will be provided soon.

That's the way to play it! Vow again at higher points and plan your third vow too! Re-vowing rate will be key in this ETL! *don't forget to add the "before" pics when you get them* :wink:

+++Another great Vow Brother, the Lion rests knowing we toil on his behalf.+++

My tuppence for the last few days, new gat:

Hidden Content

41981139184_2e3c6f8530.jpg

A bit rushed, might go and tidy a couple of bits up later.

Rushed? Sometimes i really need to check the dictionary to make sure I understand English properly... This quality is anything BUT rushed in my eyes... Stobz, you are a credit to the Rock! Keep walking brother!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

That's the way to play it! Vow again at higher points and plan your third vow too! Re-vowing rate will be key in this ETL! *don't forget to add the "before" pics when you get them* :wink:

Thank you, the "before" pictures are added. Besides that i have a little extra. I have a scenic base for the deathwing knights I finished a long time ago. I hope it doesn't interfere with the ETL rules.

med_gallery_85900_14531_234958.jpg

Finally!

Images are full size, so put them into spoilers for faster page loading. Going into my plog as well, as it's painted and a result I am pretty satisfied with. Not nearly as nice work as Stobz for instance, but I'd be a fool to think so.

j220yUD.jpg

Q7gJaFm.jpg

un6FHNo.jpg

Commencing planning on my second wow now.

/Sneaks

It's only 2 shots more than the avenger, which I was slightly disappointed to find out, when we went from 7th to 8th edition. Most other weapons went double shots with TL -> twin, but not this puppy, nor the hive tyrant or the avenger mega bolter on the nephilim. It's a 500 point warden with more wounds, higher movement, some regen per turn, but not really that much better point for point.

The numbers part: 0,66*0,66*0,66*14 = 4,15 dead marines/primaris marines approximately. If we take regular marines at 13 ppm, it's gonna take a LOT more than 5 turns of shooting to make this puppy worth it. 10 turns in fact before you'll be out clear of deficit. If you take it to primaris, I think you're looking at 6 or so turns to make back the points. Even with the old knights points you could field a slightly less durable crusader for more points, but the dakka to kill about the same marines/primaris per turn, plus the RFBC smashing other targets, 2 heavy stubbers and 3 krak missiles from the stormspear rocket pod. And then you're not bringing FW which some people are still "afraid" of.

I couldn't handle if I had to be made oathbreaker because another guy could do 120+ hours of painting before I could do 10. You motivated me in the end, Stobz :)

Archived