+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

The firepower rules might not be overly awesome but your model is.

Well done Brother, im stoked to have been your anti slacker motivational weirdo.

Thanks a bunch, Stobz! :)

Luckily it does pack a punch in melee, the sword being S14, AP -4 and D5 I think it is. If that doesn't suit your needs, it can still riverdance all over the place.

Wow just caught up on the thread, what a weekend of action! Congrats to all the completionists!

I was struck down by papa nurgle on friday evening/saturday daytime and ventured to RAF Cosford to see the 100 years of the RAF air display on Sunday, which was awesome (and I got sunburnt) which didn't leave any time for hobby unfortunately.  I have base colours mostly down on my Intercessors, I promise I'm not slacking.....honestly.

Great two more completions for the Unforgiven! Keep going guys!

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Agree with the Stobby interrogator, keep up the awesome work, Semper.

Still contemplating vow #2. Should it be some scouts I sorely need painted for being able to field painted troops that aren't tacticals (I'm crippling myself every time I go to a friendly event with only tacticals for troops), or should I go the naughty route and pledge myself to a Stormraven that is still in the box?

If going with scouts, which I have to paint at some point, I can only submit 2/3 squads, as one model in one squad has had a small bit of brushwork done to him, right?

I have an idea that they should be "quick" to paint, those scouts, with less highlighting than marines for instance. Or can Elmo enlighten me on the error of my beliefs here? ;)

Or should I pledge both the Raven and the scouts? I think I can get pics of the models in question taken tonight.

Help a brother out, here :)

Agree with the Stobby interrogator, keep up the awesome work, Semper.

Still contemplating vow #2. Should it be some scouts I sorely need painted for being able to field painted troops that aren't tacticals (I'm crippling myself every time I go to a friendly event with only tacticals for troops), or should I go the naughty route and pledge myself to a Stormraven that is still in the box?

If going with scouts, which I have to paint at some point, I can only submit 2/3 squads, as one model in one squad has had a small bit of brushwork done to him, right?

I have an idea that they should be "quick" to paint, those scouts, with less highlighting than marines for instance. Or can Elmo enlighten me on the error of my beliefs here? :wink:

Or should I pledge both the Raven and the scouts? I think I can get pics of the models in question taken tonight.

Help a brother out, here :smile.:

Throw it all in! That's if you can get it done of course.  If it's a choice between the two I guess it's a flip between points (better for the ETL) and what you need in games.  Scouts are quick as long as you don't decide to do 2 months research on camo :blush.:

My mind is wandering to the second vow also, I must stay focused on the first! I MUST!:teehee:

I, revered brother Cyphriel, loyal son of the Lion and servant of the Supreme Grand Master, from my sarcophagus rise to this oath of moment, and pledge my service to E Tenebrae Lux VI in the form of the below specified units to be completed before August 1st 2018.

5 man scout squad with bolters - 55 pts

5 man scout squad with bolters and heavy bolter - 65 pts

Stormraven Gunship with twin lascannon, twin heavy bolter and hurricane bolters - 321 pts

Total: 441 pts

Proof:

XmGHRyI.jpg

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Any plans for a follow-up vow?

I'm afraid another vow would be quite risky at the moment, I honestly did not believe I would be able to finish the second. But never say never, I just might pull off another one...

As compensation I give you the late, lamented Veteran Scout Sergeant Naaman, Converted from the body of different veteran scout sergeant from some other, less loyal chapter :wink:

med_gallery_96682_12924_312510.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_339202.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_27551.jpg

med_gallery_96682_12924_591577.jpg

Wow, lots of completions! Great job guys!

Almagor, your take on Naaman is awesome! Great work on that Achilles too, that things a beast

Stobz, I’m dying to see that bad boy all assembled! It looks absolutely fantastic so far!

I’m just about done my second Typhoon. It just needs some final details then it should be done tonight, pics probably up tomorrow

Fine work here loyal sons of the lion, you honour the chapter with your deeds. 

I humbly supply evidence of support from the wider unforgiven as the Angels of Vengence truck in to support the 1st . 

Vow not done yet but 2 thirds of the way there..

86SlFvW.jpg

k1TsIoS.jpg

I, Zujara, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete

Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought with Inferno Cannon

Relic Levithan Dreanought with Grav-flux Bombard and Siege drill

Asmodai

Librarian with Force Axe

Lieutenant with Power Sword

Lieutenant with Jump Pack, Plasma Pistol, Lightning Claw

Company Champion

5 Company Veterans with 5 Storm Bolters, 1 Power Sword, 1 Power Maul

Deathwing Ancient with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

5 Deathwing Tartartaros Terminators with Plasma Blaster, Reaper Autocannon, Grenade Harness and 5 Power Fists

3 Inceptors with Plasma Exterminators

Ravenwing Attack Bike with Heavy Bolter

3 Ravenwing Bikes with 2 Meltaguns

Land Raider Crusader with Multi-melta, Storm Bolter

of total value 2134pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_47372_14439_38479.jpg

+++The God Machine Sacrum Bellum of The Emperors Legio Atarus Walks in support of the Dark Angels ETL18 Crusade+++

***SNIP***

Sweet to be finished!

:biggrin.:

Stobz

The mad man actually did it.

Absolutely stunning work. 

I'm a bit hesitant to post after all the awesome vows on this page, but there we go:

Completed vow 1:

gallery_92826_13417_216062.jpg

It took me way longer than it should've, so I'll have to make up for it by doing the next vow a bit faster.

Vow 2:

gallery_92826_13417_1871.jpg

- 5 Intercessors:

* Regular boltrifles

* 1 auxilary grenade launcher

- 1 Lt.

* Plasma pistol

* Power swor

I'll update the points later on, I don't have my rulebook close at hand.

Edit: It's worth 172 points.

Archived