+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Stobz, that warhound is the stuff of legends! (i'm super chuffed I didn't get to make myself an oathbreaker for not finishing my knight first, but it was a lot closer than I had thought it would be, when I made that overly bold statement. Lesson learned)

GRC, awesome job on those tartaros.

Progress on my second vow is that the Stormraven is assembled to a degree that means it's time for priming and basecoating. If only I didn't insist on keeping the clear glass panels clear, I could make my life less painful (painting the guys inside is a lot more time than shows on the table) :D

GRC I'm going to steal your checked pattern colours for my next DW unit I'm afraid.  Those look sensational!

I guess I'm doing Agressors for my second vow as that's what I'm getting for father's day, what a shame :D

First vow complete

med_gallery_71758_11985_152523.jpgmed_gallery_71758_11985_147918.jpg

And onto my 2nd vow

I, Greenz, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete

1 Devastator squad w/ 2 heavy bolters, 2 lascannons, 1 combi-flamer and armorium cherub -203pts

1 Primaris company master in gravis armour w/ power sword and boltstorm gauntlet - 134pts

1 Darkshroud-138pts

for a total of 475pts

med_gallery_71758_11985_21290.jpgmed_gallery_71758_11985_150407.jpgmed_gallery_71758_11985_41937.jpg

Captain Semper, I hope the pic of the devastators will do. I thought I had a more recent pic of them competed with all of their weapons, but I guess I dont. I can definitely take a new pic, but I started painting them last night and have a coat of zandri dust on them

Thanks Stobz!

Is that a Chaplain conducting a sermon on the Darkshroud?

Yes he is. The sprite/ fairy thing is going to get greenstuffed into an Angel of Death lectern holding up a tome, while the chap is conducting a sermon. I don’t really like having DA specific relics in a successor chapter, so the skull relic at the back and speakers arranged around the speeder will give off the Darkshroud affect. Hopefully it all comes together like I’m picturing in my head

Yes he is. The sprite/ fairy thing is going to get greenstuffed into an Angel of Death lectern holding up a tome, while the chap is conducting a sermon. I don’t really like having DA specific relics in a successor chapter, so the skull relic at the back and speakers arranged around the speeder will give off the Darkshroud affect. Hopefully it all comes together like I’m picturing in my head

It sounds pretty boss! I look forward to seeing it completed.  

How you guys manage to do things to this level of detail within the time constraints baffles me!

Well, after a very bust week for me in real life, I'm back for some updating...

To give you a measure of how busy my week was, I didn't have time to comment of Stobz' AMAZING work! This Titan is the most beautiful thing ever! :wub: :wub: :wub: Congratulations man, it's is indeed the stuff of legends - it most certainly guarantees you the Badge of the Artificer! You are a credit to the Legion *ahem* Chapter, I mean Chapter... :whistling:

@ Zujara: A huge completion and an even huger follow-up! This is how the game is played- well done and good luck sir!

@ GreyRavenC: Some great Termies there man and great-looking bases too! Congratulations! Now don't forget to give me a heads-up when you work out the points  for the second vow! :wink:

@ Geenz: Angels of Absolution FTW!!!! Amazing work with the whites - not to mention the battle damage! And a follow-up vow too? The Inner Circle is most satisfied! The pictures are totally fine, so good luck to you! 

@ Spaced Hulk: VERY scary Master there man - great work on the robes too! Congratulations for your completion, any plans for a follow up? 

This is a great Week for the DAs so far - and it's not over yet!  Keep going guys! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Awwww... :sad.:

Well, you did more than can be expected - both in terms of points and painting quality... Rest brother, it is well-deserved! :smile.:

... and with plenty of timeto spare to knock off a warlord Titan too... ? You know Stobz that you keep raising the ceiling..... and that's where you'll ened to go for your next oath..or next years ETL!! :) Amazing stuff....

New definition of being Too Busy, by Campain Semper:

"Too busy to commett on the completion of  Stobz's Warhound Titan" :blush.: :ermm: :biggrin.:

SG

:lol:

I’d love to be able to afford another TITANIC mini SG, but real life has me paying for my damned kids activities instead of the ‘important’ stuff ;)

I bought the Hound before I bought the THawk, another life ago. So technically it took me longer to paint :P

Maybe by next year I’ll have saved enough for something......

So, I have another update for you. Late last night i finished my Chaplain for my second vow.

Enjoy, and don't forget to repent for tomorrow you die!

Chaplain:

med_gallery_85900_14531_81728.jpg

@ GreyRavenC: Some great Termies there man and great-looking bases too! Congratulations! Now don't forget to give me a heads-up when you work out the points  for the second vow! :wink:

Sorry about that. The vow is worth 172 points. I updated the original post.

Edit: I'm almost ashamed about the paltry amount of points I'm pledging. I always seem to save my cheap infantry for the ETL, while the pointheavy models recieve no lack of love outside the ETL. I should have saved that Knight.

Archived