+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I finally finished my first vow, that consisted of 10 hellblasters, 2 Liutenants and Master in Gravis Armour.

gallery_106344_14486_81408.jpeg

I tried to improve my result adding for the first time some OSL, decals and edge highlights.

My second vow will be even smaller to make sure I finish on time, as these guys took me ages to complete!

I Brother Abbot rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete a Talon Master and a Chapter Ancient of total value 273 on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

I hope to finish this quicker than my first vow, and make other small vows to ensure I finish everything on time.

The before pic:

gallery_106344_14486_211223.jpeg

For the Lion!!!

O' Captain, my Captain!

Unfortunately I have to report that I am an idiot, and that i've made an illegal build selection in my vow#1. I've got the Primaris LT having both Assault Bolt Rifle and Power Sword, when he can only have either-or. I'm really sorry for being so careless; dunno why i didn't catch this until now.

the Power Sword is 4pts so I guess I need my vow reduced in value by this amount.

Again apologies for being careless.

@ Plasmaspam: No worries mate - fixed! :smile.:

Vow complete!

Hidden Content

gallery_92826_13391_251573.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_3875.jpg

This is super nice man! Clean job and great basing! :thumbsup:

Finally (!) finished my last Primaris Master, and so my first ETL vow is complete:

Nakir the Reborn, Honour Captain of the Ashen Blades, Sword Bearer's First Company

Hidden Content

gallery_917_13374_124484.jpg

Personal heraldry and chapter icon (I was aiming for a Rogue Trader-ish look to the sword being reforged in fire)

med_gallery_917_13374_943912.jpg med_gallery_917_13374_1101359.jpg

And here's all three Masters for the completed vow:

gallery_917_13374_298474.jpg

Excellent trio there! Great freehand for the personal heraldry too! Congratulations!

Stormraven gunship vow finished. Now I need to figure out what to paint next.

Hidden Content

gallery_86236_11073_76492.jpg

Wow - more freehand? top notch stuff there Lostrael - discreet yet attracts the eye immediately! Well done!

I finally finished my first vow, that consisted of 10 hellblasters, 2 Liutenants and Master in Gravis Armour.

Hidden Content

gallery_106344_14486_81408.jpeg

I tried to improve my result adding for the first time some OSL, decals and edge highlights.

My second vow will be even smaller to make sure I finish on time, as these guys took me ages to complete!

The OSL certainly does work - it pays to be brave and that's what the ETL is for! Congratulations on the completion and good luck with your follow-up!

With those completions we are now ahead of the SMs and only a couple of hundred points behind the BAs in terms of score... Keep going and Week 9 may turn out to be a Green week!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Lostrael rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels with second vow to complete
a Chapter Master, with plasma pistol and power sword
and a unit of three Veterans
- a Veteran Sergeant with plasma pistol and power maul
- a Veteran with flamer
- a Veteran with plasma gun
of total points value of 166 points on or before August 1st, 2018.
Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_86236_11073_130313.jpg

Sorry that it is not more point wise.

I am hoping to contribute to this in the last month if I can :smile.:

Hi Arkley, it'll be great to see your work here in the ETL! Keep in mind it will have to be an out-of-competition entry since the deadline for the competition was back on June 1st. ;)

I Lostrael rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels with second vow to complete
a Chapter Master, with plasma pistol and power sword
and a unit of three Veterans
- a Veteran Sergeant with plasma pistol and power maul
- a Veteran with flamer
- a Veteran with plasma gun
of total points value of 166 points on or before August 1st, 2018.
Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_86236_11073_130313.jpg

Sorry that it is not more point wise.

Every vow is welcome irrespective of size! We look forward for those Vets! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Unfortunately June was not a good month for me, my wife ended up in the hospital for a bit, but she is doing well now so I can at least chip away at my vow again and make sure it's done before the deadline. So far completed the Leviathan, Tartaros and Inceptors

gallery_47372_14439_97446.jpg

Hi Arkley, it'll be great to see your work here in the ETL! Keep in mind it will have to be an out-of-competition entry since the deadline for the competition was back on June 1st. :wink:

Thats cool, I wanted to start at the beginning but it was not to be...

But on a personal note good to see you back at the ETL Helm man.

Stormraven gunship vow finished. Now I need to figure out what to paint next.

gallery_86236_11073_76492.jpg

Damnit, Lostrael! That is so not-nice of you to post. It's a thousand times better looking than what I'll be able to do, if I complete my vow. Both because you are able to pull off the split colour scheme and that absolutely bonkers freehand work.

Anyways, I've been on a 2-week hiatus from the BnC, and have not been able to do a lot of painting, but hopefully I can complete or at least get close to completing my first scout squad today. Then it's on to the second squad, and then throwing myself at the Stormraven. Hopefully I'll be able to complete it all before or on the 1st of August.

We definitely need some completions guys - we're now lagging behind... :unsure:

Hi Arkley, it'll be great to see your work here in the ETL! Keep in mind it will have to be an out-of-competition entry since the deadline for the competition was back on June 1st. :wink:

Thats cool, I wanted to start at the beginning but it was not to be...

But on a personal note good to see you back at the ETL Helm man.

Yeah, it's good to be back and see all the veterans of old and some new face to! :D 

Let's see your work here regardless of score and such! :)

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hi guys, a small update on my vow.

I completed another Dreadnought and nearly finshed my Veterans. They are just need some misstakes fixed and the sarge is missing his combiweapon.

med_gallery_85900_14531_228369.jpg

med_gallery_85900_14531_183654.jpg

PS: I'm aiming for a vow completion until sonday evening, so I can revow with my Talonmaster :D.

WIP:

After a few weeks crusading in the name of the Lion against traitorous Guard forces and heretical astartes, I have finally arrived at the fortress-monastery to continue my work on the most glorious Black Knights.

I will see them completed this weekend, or may the Emperor smite me for my tardiness!

726ca66d5a91627b75608e8505e20981.jpg

gallery_69091_12395_130633.jpg

Out of competition vow :smile.: 5 man Intercessor squad :smile.:

Good to see Arkley back in the painting game - and with red DAs no less! :woot:

OK guys, we're now on Week 10 - we really can do with some first vow completions... The BAs have taken off in quite an impressive manner, we definitely need to counter that. And who knows, maybe we can do some follow-ups before the event ends!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Anyone having trouble painting in the UK heat? Paint dries awfully fast in the pallette.

Try to use a wet palette. That helps against trying paint, if not against the heat.

I spend more time in the garten, watering plants, than painting.:sleep:

From the depths of Caliban's forests they ride.. brave, honorable warriors on armored steeds, the apex of chivalry and knighthood on their world..

It is a great honor to present to you all, my fellow sons of the Lion, the descendants of the most honorable of riders! These are the Ravenwing's finest, the very reflection of the Knights of the Order! Sammael's own Black Knights, they ride under cover of the dread Dark Talon in the hunt for the Fallen brethren to fulfill their ancient vow..

AND THUS MY FIRST VOW IS COMPLETE! ALL HAIL THE DARK ANGELS, ALL HAIL THE LION!

c177fb9307e4e8065b4266ab98c3b3ad.jpg94b9d397bac3ffd7976805967fd2eb8c.jpgca5e07debe546750aa83b2504a27294b.jpg088049b20054c92b26f60913188d14c8.jpg

Archived