+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Alright ya'll I figured that it was time for an update after I vowed relatively early and then ghosted on everyone. Since this is my first ETL, I understand why everyone encourages smaller vows and I definitely see how easy it is to fall in a painting rut and lose motivation. However, seeing ya'lls work on here has continually inspired me, and I will continue to do The Lion's work with Grim Resolve.

As of right now, I have completed my maxed out Ravenwing Biker Squad, Sammael, two Dark Talons, 1 Ravenwing Landspeeder, and 1 Talonmaster, leaving only the last Landspeeder, some basing and touch up work for all the models, and the application of decals before my vow is complete. I hoped to have all this done by the end of June, but I figured that I would go all out for these guys so that I can finally field a full army with everything painted and based. 

Also, I will try to have my WIP pictures up soon, but since I am so close to finishing my vow I may just have an end product post! 

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Dark-Angel-Librarian.jpg

The Inner Circle calls all Masters of the Unforgiven!

+++Now is the time to report in your completions+++

+++Now is the time to put our rivals to  shame+++

+++NOW IS THE TIME OF THE LION!+++

@ Calibos: Congratulations for your completion brother, Emperor knows we needed that...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Now that I finished the first vow, I might actually toss in another soon! Got some TacMarines that need painting! :happy.: And of course the sacred Darkshroud! Will go over my stores of paint and see what I can do!

Hm, I have stumbled upon some free time. Would I manage to assemble and paint my Dark Talon in time? 

Do it! I had great fun assembling and painting mine, and it wrecks traitors on the board like the Lion on Caliban! :biggrin.:

Anyone having trouble painting in the UK heat? Paint dries awfully fast in the pallette.

Try a tray of ice or cold water underneath the pallet maybe?

So now I am curious: is it a dry heat or more of a humid heat? Here in Tennessee it has been brutal temps with high humidity, and I have found that by putting a dehumidifier in my workspace my rattle can primer performs better and my wet pallet keeps the paint better. Now why it keeps the paint better I have no idea as you would think the dehumidifier would suck the moisture out?

Anyone having trouble painting in the UK heat? Paint dries awfully fast in the pallette.

Try a tray of ice or cold water underneath the pallet maybe?

So now I am curious: is it a dry heat or more of a humid heat? Here in Tennessee it has been brutal temps with high humidity, and I have found that by putting a dehumidifier in my workspace my rattle can primer performs better and my wet pallet keeps the paint better. Now why it keeps the paint better I have no idea as you would think the dehumidifier would suck the moisture out?

It the kind of dry heat we usually get for about 10 days a years but it’s been like this since mid April. The grass and trees are dying and we’ve had no rain. It’s summer in England and there has been NO RAIN. It truly is the Apocalypse.

That said I’ve finished my vow

A lieutenant with combi-plasma and power sword and 3 black knights with power sword and Melta bombs

gallery_74577_9223_457120.jpeg

gallery_74577_9223_839958.jpeg

226 points for the Lion

My vow didn’t include the melta bomb but it is modelled and painted on the huntmaster so I would like to include them.

A great - and much needed - completion! Congrats JJD!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Absolutely!

And there is another thing: we need to beat the Blood Angels! They used to be the champions back during the LPC days and we thoroughly beaten them to become champions for two consecutive years before the LPC perished. Then on to the ETL we came second the first year and champions in the second but from then on we started to slip... By ETL V we scored below the Blood Angels in absolute terms and, with a lower completion rate, we also scored lower on a modified basis... This cannot stand!

Let’s take some oaths of moment to bring the First back to the top where they belong and certainly above the space vampires!

Folks, remember that Semper started a vendetta with the Blood Angels. At the moment we're ahead but that can all change very quickly. Get those completions in so we can beat the heretic, mutant, traitor, and xenos together and may the best Angel win in the aftermath!

I, GreyRavenC, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete a squad of 6 Intercessors of total value off 113 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_92826_13417_158433.jpg

It's not much, but it's something

As promised brothers here is an update on my vow. Behold the forces of the Ravenwing that are complete. (I know that I didn't vow the Black Knights in the picture, but it felt right to put them in there for the family photograph!)

DoneUnits

Here are the remaining units that need to be completed. 

RemainingUnits

With any luck, all of it will be done by the end of Friday!

Archived