+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Anyone that does not finish his vow, I will find you and I will steal your beer from your fridge.

Anyone that does finish, I will find you as well and I will also steal your beer, but I'll replace them with my own.

Disclaimer: I won't do these things, you guys live too far away. Especially you Stobz.

It’s worth the visit mate, I’ll supply the beer free

I, Angel of Solitude, announce to this hallowed fraternity the completion of my vow!

I feel somewhat guilty around my submission. Could I do more? Yes, probably. But alas, these models are literally the first I've attempted to paint in over 15 years. I hope that you all find the quality acceptable, and I resolve to return for the next set of vows!

4bw87KU.jpg?1ca1cT7J.jpg?17TAUiKS.jpg?1

Well done Angel of Solitude! The fact that the ETL inspired you to get back to painting after 15 years is praise enough! Oh, and feeling guilty is the norm here in the Rock! :lol:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Much later than originally planned and desired of course, but here's my vow completion pics. The scouts were completed a while back and quoted below. 

Finished the scout portion of my vow. Azrael and chapter ancient are almost done with basecoats.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2epn0ba.jpg

Azrael, watcher in the dark, and a chapter ancient newly completed. Haven't pushed a dark angel model as far as I've pushed Azrael so happy about the completion. Some of the bits on the base didn't last through painting him up slowly over the last month. If/when I find them they'll go back on. Considering revowing as I have to finish some units before a tournament on Tuesday anyway. Granted my standards are higher than the tournament requires, they'll definitely hit 5 colors and based. Hrm... 

http://i68.tinypic.com/9av0p0.jpg

Edit: 

I, Skorp, will rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the DARK ANGELS and for my second vow, I vow to complete

a 10 man squad of Hellblaster Marines with Plasma Incinerators

a 5 man squad of Devastator Marines with 2 Missile Launchers, 1 Heavy Bolter, 1 Plasma Cannon and an Armorium Cherub. 

with a total value of 481 Points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i67.tinypic.com/1el5l4.jpg

So, I got some small new progress for you.

med_gallery_85900_14531_174195.jpg

med_gallery_85900_14531_90397.jpgmed_gallery_85900_14531_185089.jpg

I don't wanna paint more manticores in the near future :pinch: .

They are not exactly the same, but for a first timer in this scale i think the freehands are quite ok.

After all I'm pretty sure to finish in time :biggrin.:.

Great work so far everyone, let's have a strong finish!

Vow 3 is complete

gallery_47372_14439_105139.jpg

And since my motivation is high right now, going to do at least 1 more vow

I, Zujara, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete

Relic Sicaran Battle Tank with Lascannon Sponsons

of total value 215pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_47372_14439_28907.jpg

Amazing late push from Brother Zujara!!!

Can anyone else match him?

FOR THE LION!

I'm trying, but I'm running out of stuff to paint.

Much later than originally planned and desired of course, but here's my vow completion pics. The scouts were completed a while back and quoted below. 

Finished the scout portion of my vow. Azrael and chapter ancient are almost done with basecoats.

Azrael, watcher in the dark, and a chapter ancient newly completed. Haven't pushed a dark angel model as far as I've pushed Azrael so happy about the completion. Some of the bits on the base didn't last through painting him up slowly over the last month. If/when I find them they'll go back on. Considering revowing as I have to finish some units before a tournament on Tuesday anyway. Granted my standards are higher than the tournament requires, they'll definitely hit 5 colors and based. Hrm... 

Edit: 

I, Skorp, will rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the DARK ANGELS and for my second vow, I vow to complete

a 10 man squad of Hellblaster Marines with Plasma Incinerators

a 5 man squad of Devastator Marines with 2 Missile Launchers, 1 Heavy Bolter, 1 Plasma Cannon and an Armorium Cherub. 

with a total value of 481 Points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Great work Skorp - but are you sure you'll complete the follow-up until Aug 1st? :unsure:

Great work so far everyone, let's have a strong finish!

Vow 3 is complete

And since my motivation is high right now, going to do at least 1 more vow

I, Zujara, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete

Relic Sicaran Battle Tank with Lascannon Sponsons

of total value 215pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Congrats Zujara, great completion, but as I said to Skrop above, you only have until Aug 1st to complete the follow up... Will you make it? 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great work Skorp - but are you sure you'll complete the follow-up until Aug 1st? :unsure.:

Been painting hard, I have to finish them for a tournament on Tuesday and planning to paint a lot this weekend. Should be done with 3 colors on them tonight (including primer) and the rest of the colors will go much faster. I would be upset with myself if I didn't complete at least 2 vows for ETL. Excited to have these units done in general for my collection and dual motivation is a strong thing. 

Not to worry Semper, For the Lion! You put so much work into leading the charge for the ETL, the least I can do is paint to support it which I want to be doing anyway. 

It has been done.

With only pigments and varnish to go, I will call my vow done (I won't use a rattle can when my girlfriend is sick, sleeping)

Better pictures will follow, but I have not compromised on quality, something I feared I might have to do. Squad markings with 4 layers on the fire support badge, squad number and company marking as well as a prayer to the Lion and the Emperor on their right knee pad.

x5KIwjk.jpg

Something I will have to explore are the eyes. as of right now, I haven't done anything with them, but their sculpting is a significant departure from all the other lenses I've yet painted. This, I'll have to do a test helmet.

Congratulations Stuka - an excellent and timely completion!  :tu:

Now I want some assistance... 

Tygwyn made a vow and did not give me the total points for it at the time. He has since gone AWOL... Is there anyone that can calculate the points value of Tygwyn's vow (you can find the link in the first page)? It will save me a lot of time as I go through updating the outposts in these final days... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Got a couple of free days, so let's get on with it!

I, GRC, will rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the DARK ANGELS and vow to complete a Venerable Dreadnought for 90 126 points!

gallery_92826_13417_77202.jpg

Too bad they decreased the points on these bad boys. This one would have been worth 135 in the previous edition.

Edit: mistakes were made, I had no idea you had to add the stock weapons to the pointscost as well.

Brave move at time... 

Also, this reminds me, there are quite a few second and subsequent vows still incomplete... Make sure you do them guys or we're facing annihilation! :o

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So, merely a week after the first parts being put together I declare my Knight Paladin finished.

For the glory of the first, the emperor and the omnissiah. I present you my results.

med_gallery_85900_14531_127712.jpgmed_gallery_85900_14531_144239.jpgmed_gallery_85900_14531_55210.jpg

Most likely i spend my tomorrow afternoon creating a proper base for this guy, but for ETL purposes i am finished.

Unfortunately I don't think I will use my 5th vow. I only have some to build models ( Lieutenant and company champion) and Azrael himself. For the first ones I am lacking motivation at this point and the grandmaster deserves a proper paintjob. Nothing I can provide in the last two evenings.

But aside that I think my contribution is ok at this point and I wish everyone still working at their vows much success.

Archived