+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Wow, there's gotta be what, 6k worth of completions in the last day or so?

If I add the numbers from the list in the second post by our dear Captain of incomplete vows, I sum it up to around 13K. Might be me not doing it right, might be the list that is not up to date (is that even possible?), but that's the quick-math-result I get.

That of course is every vow, not second or first vows. But 100% completion rate isn't likely to happen ;)

Well here goes, minimalistic (at least thre colours, dry brushing, highlighting etc), last minute, speed painting ... first time in many years I manged to get to this point of calling it a completed oath! .. Won't win any goden demons though....

I, Shadowguard, Keeper of the Fortress, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Dark Angels and vow to complete 3 x Land Raider Proteus and 3 x Land Speeder Tempests  of total value of 1559 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and the blessings of the Lion and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker and whimper within Chamber 42 until the year-end

Flight of the Ravens: Squadron of 3 x Ravenwing Land Speeder Tempests [450 pts]

BEFORE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/IMG_9218S.jpg

AFTER

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_RW_01.jpg

Rumble of the Iron Wing: Squadron of 3 x Land Raider Proteus [1109 pts]

BEFORE

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/IMG_9217S.JPG

AFTER

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_IW_01.jpg

No comparison to the extreely hgh quality painting by everyone else.... but it'll do for me... I hope... :)

SG

Great to see some last minute completions - and what is that I there? THE SHADOW GUARD COMPLETED HIS VOW! :eek: This is worth a celebration, it's not every day that SG is completing a vow in the ETL! :laugh.:

Congrats to Raychu for saving his first vow too, and Tygwyn for showing up in the nick of time! 

Jono, I take it this is not a completion... or is it? Not entirely sure... :unsure.: They look fantastic mate...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

church-doors.jpg

ETL VI IS OFFICIALLY OVER!

NO NEW COMPLETIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS POINT!

That was a blast, but it's not over yet! I will go through all the Outposts to make a LAST UPDATE later on and then I need to compile the results and present them in a meaningful manner in the Final Report. This will come in a couple of days along with the relevant badges. 

What I need is, after the LAST UPDATE, for each participant to check his/her status in the first page of his/her Outpost and notify me if there is something amiss so I can correct it. Do that publicly in the Outposts as my inbox is filled and I have no time to clean it up. 

Once you check your status lay back and wait for the final report. If you have any questions feel free to raise them. You can freely discuss the event in your Outpost, post pics of your vows and generally have a great and relaxed time until the Final Report. 

Congratulations to all!

HUGE THANKS TO YOU CAPTAIN FOR RUNNING ANOTHER FANTASTIC EVENT!

I know that everyone has appreciated the huge amount of work you have put in to make this possible.

+++Now, when you get done with the post deployment administration and have cleaned your battle gear report to our Chamber for penance.+++

Captain, thanks again for the HUGE amount of work you put into this event!!! I may not have completed my vows, but as usual, I still got lots more painted than I normally do.

Congrats to everyone who got their vows completed. Those are all awesome models!

Well brothers I know the event is over and all but would anyone be interested in starting a new one in house to motivate each other to do models we need to do? Also I didnt commit to the deathwing knights as a second vow do to a promotion and im working on moving. I know we could have used the points but I didnt want to risk not finishing them either. Speaking of this is what I started on for the knights I want honest opinions IDK how to feel about the look. gallery_106278_14607_638851.jpggallery_106278_14607_580979.jpggallery_106278_14607_440602.jpggallery_106278_14607_72836.jpg

Well brothers I know the event is over and all but would anyone be interested in starting a new one in house to motivate each other to do models we need to do? Also I didnt commit to the deathwing knights as a second vow do to a promotion and im working on moving. I know we could have used the points but I didnt want to risk not finishing them either. Speaking of this is what I started on for the knights I want honest opinions IDK how to feel about the look. gallery_106278_14607_638851.jpggallery_106278_14607_580979.jpggallery_106278_14607_440602.jpggallery_106278_14607_72836.jpg

Malarki, I think you should work more on the highlights, make them pop more. I use dawnstone for mine, some make them brighter. I paint my Deathwing black as well. Granted my knights are not well painted, they were some of the first ones I did, but they do have a bit more color to them than what you've shown here. Getting some contrasts in will help. The shield for instance. The rearmost plate is black, and the one on top of that boltgun metal. You could make the black one boltgun metal Leadbelcher and apply a vivid color to the second one. Red for instance. Some play around with purple. If you do it in caliban green, the mini will still feel a bit too dark I think. And remember part of his face is visible too ;)

Don't get me wrong, you've done good work, but blackwing takes guts to do, and you cannot be "scared" of them not being dark or grim enough, as on the table, they will need colors to really shine.

Thanks again Captain. Even though I only completed a small vow I love seeing everyone else’s work. The ETL is a fantastic event and I’m glad it’s back.

Archived