+++Dark Angels Outpost+++

Captain Semper

OK here goes: 

1. Go to your profile

2. On the upper Right Hand Side there is a red button "edit your profile" - click on it

3. In the vertical menu on the Left Hand Side there is an option: signature - click on it

4. In both half of the split screen you can copy/paste the images you want and then click on the red button in the bottom of the screen that says "save changes"

And you're done!

Thank you Captain Semper for another great ETL! Some great work in here brothers, assuming there is an ETL next year I will be returning to the Dark Angels and see if I can do a complete company.

Here's a group shot of everything I completed this year, the ETL is always great motivation to paint

gallery_47372_14439_144552.jpg

Thank you G8Keeper! 

This was a strange year for the DAs: We got the participation and the vows in - but we failed to leverage on that. The best thing to do is to organise your work starting off with a small-is vow, just so that you get involved and increase the stakes. Then as the event progresses and your visibility improves go on to higher value vows - vow 2 should be the strongest and vow 3 following close behind. The leave vow 4 and especially vow 5 for any last minute impulse that you will only use if totally positive you'll make it.

At least that's one strategy.

Alternatively you can vow a Titan like Stobz in the first minute of the event, destroy the opposition and have DA morale flying!!! :D

Well I do have a Warhound I can keep in reserve....and a Mastodon.

My strategy was to do what I could but try and keep the thread going and people interested by posting WIP shots.  I kept to it for my first vow but I just didn't have the time with my second (which also shot down my potential 3rd vow), ah well.

I've moved on to scenery for a few weeks to have a break from minute details but no doubt I'll be back painting green soon, I have 13,000 point to paint after all :ermm:

You can't expect us to crawl out of the depths that fast :biggrin.: At least our secundary goal is achieved, we've beaten the Wolves. Baby steps, baby steps...

I should have a couple of titans and a crapload of armour to paint by next year. No more cheap infantry!

Hahaha! Well that's one way to go. :laugh.: Or rather go for a whole maniple! hahaha!

But seriously, nothing beats mass participation. if we could get 50+ people next year and have 80% complete their vows, we'll be very hard to beat. And yes, Titans are welcome (d'oh)  but the important thing is to have people paint what they want and actually doing it. The BAs won by 343 pts this year. That's half the average vow of the ETL! And if there were no penalties for people losing their first vow due to failing their second, they would have lost by just 28pts. And that's in an event where 316k points were painted... I don't think there is anything in our Codex that even costs 28 pts (and can legally be fielded on the table top)!

I guess, I have been remiss in my duties as Master of Recruits. Next year I'll try harder to get people going for the Lion's cause!

I too expect to have infantry majorly under my belt next year and can paint vehicles and such that have been collecting dust for a while. Hopefully can benefit next year from having one ETL under my belt. I started and ended strong but got stuck somewhere in the middle. Spent over a month to highlight two characters. That shouldnt have happened but sometimes you get painters block. I'll be ready for that bastard next time.

I will echo the sentiment of my battle brothers in thanking our Captain Semper.

It has once again been an honour and a priviledge to take part in an event that highlights the best our hobby and this passionate community can be.

With Sempers zeal and dedication to a monumental undertaking in organisation. (I have helped build similiar smaller events, I can only imagine how much work ETL is in comparison)

With a worldwide host of fans pledging to engage and improve the hobby and supporting each other in the spirit of sportsmanship and competition.

My contributions to this effort were meager in the shadow of the goliaths of painting prowess, yet I never felt irrelevant. 

Once again, I want to thank the Captain on this great event!

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Announcement_V2.jpg

ETL VI MASTER ARTIFICER: 

KIZZDOUGHS

You can see the results here

Now the ETL VI is truly over. This thread will remain open for posting but will become unpinned. 

Until next year, farewell!

Captain Semper
Member of the Inner Circle
Master of Recruits

Archived