+++Space Wolves Outpost+++

Captain Semper

For the follow up:

I FearPeteySodes rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the space wolves and vow to complete Bjorn The Fell Handed with a helfrost cannon. The total value is 242 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

med_gallery_2327_11680_131251.png

BROTHERS! I, Gemini, Declare my vow COMPLETE! Enjoy the pictures and I never want to paint that much white fur EVER AGAIN....

I get the frustration, so kudos to you for sticking with it and delivering results! Congrats!

OK I need some guidance here. I think I can get another SMALL vow done by the end of ETL. However that's NOT going to be more than 100 or 200 points. Would it be better for us to just leave things as they are or add another completion but hurt the groups VERY HIGH 'average vow' statistic?

Yeah, NOTHING beats completed vows irrespective of size; completed vows win - not average vow size... Besides, it's not that high anymore (751 for the SWs vs. 721 of the ETL average). Go ahead and vow already! :)

With a savage howl I declare my vow complete!

I'll have more pics in my WiP thread so i dont spam the thread. Thanks so much Captain for putting this on, the motivation is outstanding. The completion rate the past two months has been my best in almost 20 years....

Hidden Content

med_gallery_2327_11680_548175.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_901669.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_726387.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_1334183.jpeg

This is some beautiful work man - really impressive! Congratulations are in order. :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The key is extremely watered paint and letting it dry between layers.

First, Ice Blue (Its an older one, so not sure what the modern equivalent is) Brush it in and around the runes.

Second 50/50 ice blue and white again watered to almost ink proportion. Paint a little neater.

Lastly pure white again watered to ink level just in the runes (may take two layers)

You can, if you wish, very carefully put a little blue ink to tidy up the white, but be very careful. 

Had a few queries about them and my frost blades so may make a post soon to show how. :)

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

GM

Sorry for using this way to reach you, Captain Semper, but i am not able to use the pm with you. There comes an error witch tells me you cannot receive new pm.

Dear Captain my Captain,

i have a litte problem. The Wolflord i pledged in my vow is a project of  mine for over two years. I never found the right weapons for him and so i included him with a powerfist to get started...
But some days ago i found the perfect weapon in a box of grey knights.
But... its not a powerfist...
Long Story short, yesterday i build a vow compatible Figure and i would like to ask you if i can switch the models.

if its not possible to change the models im gonna build my model correct with powerfist and rip it apart after the fulfilment picture.
Thanks for reading!

Sorry for using this way to reach you, Captain Semper, but i am not able to use the pm with you. There comes an error witch tells me you cannot receive new pm.

Dear Captain my Captain,

i have a litte problem. The Wolflord i pledged in my vow is a project of  mine for over two years. I never found the right weapons for him and so i included him with a powerfist to get started...

But some days ago i found the perfect weapon in a box of grey knights.

But... its not a powerfist...

Long Story short, yesterday i build a vow compatible Figure and i would like to ask you if i can switch the models.

if its not possible to change the models im gonna build my model correct with powerfist and rip it apart after the fulfilment picture.

Thanks for reading!

If it is unpainted - then go right ahead! Just provide a before pic! :)

And maybe my inbox is full - I will check it out...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

could somebody please price up 5 longfangs, 4 with rocket launchers, one with bolt pistol, chainsword and pointy finger of authority? (wargear suggestions welcome)

cheers :)

GM

could somebody please price up 5 longfangs, 4 with rocket launchers, one with bolt pistol, chainsword and pointy finger of authority? (wargear suggestions welcome)

cheers :)

GM

170 with the bare bones packleader. I honestly leave the sergeant type guy stock, no wargear besides their base loadout.

Always respected seeing the awesome sized vows in this forum being achieved, it's such a unique strategy you folk have. Lets see it pay off so we can beat the heretic, mutant, traitor, and xenos together!

Always respected seeing the awesome sized vows in this forum being achieved, it's such a unique strategy you folk have. Lets see it pay off so we can beat the heretic, mutant, traitor, and xenos together!

My 1st vow has 3 parts (1) dreads including bjorn, a leviathan and a shield dread. (2) njal stormcaller and (3) wolf guard bikers and is worth over 1k points

I am on the 3rd and final part right now (WG Bikers)

med_gallery_49686_14551_150218.jpg

Some detail work remains but I have a tournament on Saturday....should be done no later than next week

-Eye lens (debating blue or red...leaning blue)

-Glowing storm shields

-Combi-flamer completion

-Thunder hammer on pack leader

Brothers of the Rout! Gather round the hearth for we will have my fourth vow completion going up today. Unfortunately this will be my last as I am out of models to paint! But as a special bonus I will be doing a full collection photo!

Vow 4 After

The Pack Leaders of the advanced force meet in the silence of night. Four squads are represented here and not any short in fang are present, a meeting among veterans.

The younger member to the circle feels nervous among these grizzled veterans but maintains his composure, after all he had seen worse than this.

Finally the oldest spoke, his voice like that of creaking branches under the wet of fresh snow. "We have little intelligence to go on but I trust your squads to aid us in this" He spoke to the three other Pack Leaders of the Wolf Scouts. "My Long Fang pack will wait in a vantage point to strike upon the enemies exposed by your fire"

He pauses, and turns his ancient eyes upon the young almost boyish face of the human before him. He could small the anxiousness on the lad.

"You will make short work of them once we flush them out" The lad nodded and this made the Wolf smile inside with the eagerness there.

"Then we strike at dawn, return to your packs and make preparations" The Long Fang watches each pack leader nod and move off towards their waiting packs. He stood and watched the youngest go, able to just make out the towering shadow in the night. "We will sorely need your help, Freeblade"

I am happy to announce the completion of my fourth and final vow totaling 1,208 points. As promised, here is a view of my entire collection now fully painted. I anxiously await the Codex before buying anything else. 

Full Army View

Awesome Pictures.

By the way i would love to get to the point when i would be out of models to paint :sad.:

Back before I sold my armies for college I had the same issue. When I got back in I made myself a vow that before I bought anything new I would have to paint what I have. So far so good, it also helps that my wife keeps my honest when I get tempted :biggrin.:

you, sir, are mad. 

Amazing effort, hugely impressed. :smile.:

Cheers,

GM

Thank you, the voices in my head agree with the mad comment haha :teehee:! I am very proud of my forces so far and look forward to how they will grow. I already have some models on the to buy list but want to wait until Codex drops before jumping on them.

Archived