+++Deathwatch Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I, Private Jenkins, rise to the challenge of ETL VI (Better late than never, eh?) on the side of the Deathwatch and pledge to complete the following units on or before August 1st:

Watch Captain: Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Bolt Pistol- 111pts

Watch Captain: Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Bolt Pistol, Jump Pack- 130pts

2x 5x Intercessors: Power Sword, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher- 2x 105pts

6x Veterans: 3x Frag Cannon, 3x Storm Bolters, 3x Storm Shield- 198pts

Total points: 649

https://i.imgur.com/affRT7a.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YGFYGmQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bHyKbpP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zlQNQzV.jpg

I was hoping to have my list more ironed out at this point, but I'm in for this!

I vow to send more battle brothers in black to the long vigil and will complete the following units (minimum) before August. Total of 859 points.

1 Watch Master

1 Primaris Librarian

Mixed Primaris Kill Team 1 (6 intercessors, 2 aggressors, 1 inceptor, & 1 Reiver)

Mixed Primaris Kill Team 2 (5 intercessors, 3 Hellblasters, 1 inceptor, & 1 Aggressor)

Primaris Apothecary

Work so far:

Damn that's a nice heft pledge there Brother, looks like they are coming along Well, getting ready to batch paint my marines.

Was trying to finish the bases today but got distracted by the redemptor, fingers crossed I can finish him tomorrow.

Yeah I might have dove in too deep but that's how I roll. LOL at least I already have the stuff bought.

Slowest part is going to be hacking all of the shoulders off from the DI Primaris guys. The one Sgt I have finished was the lieutenant from the box.

I pledge:

5 intercessors (auto bolt rifles, aux grenade launcher, bolt pistols)

3 aggressors (auto boltstorm gauntlets, fragstorm greande launchers)

2 reviers (bolt carbines, heavy bolt pistols)

263 points

Welcome to the ETL xenomortis - it's great to see so much love for the Deathwatch! Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yeah I might have dove in too deep but that's how I roll. LOL at least I already have the stuff bought.

Slowest part is going to be hacking all of the shoulders off from the DI Primaris guys. The one Sgt I have finished was the lieutenant from the box.

Feeling the pain dude, it's the reason I avoided dark imperium, too many shoulders are milder into weapons as well and I really don't feel like that much free hand, I'm still trying to paint my banner. :p

Feeling the pain dude, it's the reason I avoided dark imperium, too many shoulders are milder into weapons as well and I really don't feel like that much free hand, I'm still trying to paint my banner. :p

At first I was going to just paint the DI guys' shoulders and arms silver but that would have looked too tacky to me and would have driven me bonkers. Figured it was worth a shot to remove the shoulders to save some money and put the sprues to use.

I took my time with the one I did so far and it wasn't too bad. So we'll see.

Second vow has been completed (mistaken as Rikev in the first post).

One of these Librarians had no choice but to join the Deathwatch.

Edit: I'll likely have a 3rd vow later; waiting on a few orders to arrive; now that the doors have closed, is this permitted or should I re-vow right away?

dvBcjg0.jpg
BZOebkG.jpg

That's a good question, Moon. I'm getting close to getting my 2k list ironed out and will most likely plunging into a deep painting spree to get them all done. Figure might as well use this opportunity if able. lol

Weekend progress! Not too bad considering I had to do some major reorganization of the house this weekend (needed a lot more storage for all the boxes of plastic dudes since my wife is getting into the hobby as well now too) and I got a commission job to paint someone's AOS leaders I started on.

TniXsrY.jpg

eAD8fkz.jpg

Second vow has been completed (mistaken as Rikev in the first post).

One of these Librarians had no choice but to join the Deathwatch.

Edit: I'll likely have a 3rd vow later; waiting on a few orders to arrive; now that the doors have closed, is this permitted or should I re-vow right away?

Hidden Content

dvBcjg0.jpg

BZOebkG.jpg

Sorry Moostick - I corrected it, and your completion is registered! Congratulations! You can make your next vow whenever you wish before the end of the event! :smile.: 

That's a good question, Moon. I'm getting close to getting my 2k list ironed out and will most likely plunging into a deep painting spree to get them all done. Figure might as well use this opportunity if able. lol

Weekend progress! Not too bad considering I had to do some major reorganization of the house this weekend (needed a lot more storage for all the boxes of plastic dudes since my wife is getting into the hobby as well now too) and I got a commission job to paint someone's AOS leaders I started on.

Hidden Content

TniXsrY.jpg

eAD8fkz.jpg

As I said above, you can re-vow at any point during the life of the event. :smile.:

I have to say guys, the overall quality of the Deathwatch is really something! 

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great stuff! Keep the pace guys, this is the difficult period that we're entering now, where the initial enthusiasm wanes and the end is still far into the future: the perfect conditions for procrastination to grow! 

GO DEATHWATCH!

Might as well get committed now I've got my items. Have to replace some arms on my existing Veterans first before doing these, but it sets a goal. Might fail this; photos to follow once building them all is completed.

Re-vow #3!

HQ

Chaplain in Jump Pack (bolter)

Chaplain in Terminator Armour (SB)

Sub-Total - 195 pts

Fast Attack

4x Bikers (Sgt. with SB)

Sub-total - 120 pts

Elites

8x Vanguard Vets (likely will never see the light of day)

- 2x BP/CS

- 2x dual Plasma Pistols

- 1x dual inferno pistols

- 2x SS + BP

- 1x Thunder Hammer/Plasma Pistol

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought

- Dual chainfists w/ grav blasters

Relic Deredeo Dreadnought

- Cannons, Twin-HB, and Missile Launcher

Callidus Assassin

Sub-Total - 782 pts

Total: 1097 pts

Edit: Photos - I feel the pain already after building those VVs. I'm most uninterested in painting those bikers though; I really don't like bikes.

IMG 20180608 001830

IMG 20180608 001841

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Work in progress... (that's alright, right?)

Going for a "recent / returning vets" look for these fellas, ie. armour not yet blackened or returned to chapter colours (or sandblasted to bare ceramite).

Just metallics and basecoats so far and about to start adding a bit of colour... 

Aged brass, deep red, and dark leather for these "shadowy" marines

Gold, purple, and new leather for these "unforgiven"...

Comments or suggestions? Am I too far out of Deathwatch concordance?

Archived