+++Deathwatch Outpost+++

Captain Semper

Hi everyone,

Really pleased to see such amazing work, and some ambitious vows! Just posting to assure you that I have not forgotten my pledge. Turns out finals are hard.

I'm a free man now though, and no better wat to relax than sitting down and painting a hulking demigod of metal and fury!

received 10212551007670782

It's good to be back guys, look forward to looking more closely at WIPs and finished vows when I'm on my PC.

LilNath

Been overdue an update for a while, it's amazing what a couple weeks off work can do, on the down side however I feel like my back is breaking.

Managed to get my terminators and aggressors for squad upgrades done as well as the Primaris squad, fairly straight forward, by far the quickest to paint due to the lack of addition details and just an increase in size over regular and mk8 errant armour that deathwatch wear, took my time with my terminator from space hulk converting his blade to a sister of silence one instead of the power fist to save points and trimming plastic rod into casing size lengths and gluing in a ammo breech that I had to carve into the side of the weapon, strangely it's the only assault cannon model I can think of that's missing it in the mold.

The frag squads were a pain for paint the frag cannons however, having to paint all that read around small barrels was a nightmare, most of the squad is converted through reposing, a few out of character models for the sergeants, just adding that extra cool factor, I've also cut off their backpack mounted camera and pinned them back on facing the same direction of the marine to add a sense of movement to the model.
The banner was the biggest time investment, been thinking a long time on mine and my friends army lore, the banner, location in the galaxy, the worlds back story and how that's represented in the banner including the 7 swords for the 7 moons of the planet.
I think I may have to start a Plog at this rate. :tongue.:

Librarian is also done now, was originally considering him as a stand in for mephiston as allies, trying to give him his own back story currently.
Liked using the Chaplin head for the HQ to give him a darker feel, I still have another holder skull helm I'm considering switching with the watch masters current head, I think I could keep it as a sinister running theme.
Ive reposted the watch master purely so they can be considered in look for the change in head, would paint his cowl red the same as his cape, any feedback on this is hugely welcome.

These next two mean fellows and my deathwatch black Templar dreadnoughts I've named "The Brothers Grim" considering changing to "Grimm" as I have realised my mistake, do you think I should?
They are both fully painted but there is one thing I may add later to the base of one, I wanted to place an injustice marine firing a bolt pistol as the dread came down shielding him with his arm whilst returning fire, however the model is now out of production so it having trouble sourcing one, keeping this in mind I've decided to finish him without it and will add one later if possible.
The other brother you can see lumbering through ruins, tearing chunks of masonry from the wall with his onslaught Gattling cannon giving a feel to the size and strength of this model that it bats away tons on masonry as easily as kicking pebbles aside.
I've also trimmed one of my spare Celestines dove clusters into separate birds so I can add them to basing to give it more movement.
Both dreads have quotes on the from in typical Templars fashion, because zeal demands it!!!
One is a mainstay of what we hear all the times, the other was a quote I've modified as it just sounded too cool. "Fear no Xenos, no matter the size. When danger threatens, weird me and I shall see to its demise"
Was most of an afternoon to paint that so it could be read. Lol

XfJmK8d.jpg

jkTsMZr.jpg

pFXtOAG.jpg

LYbRyCa.jpg

1sOs7J1.jpg

A8hNw9y.jpg

cqfrqDt.jpg

iAUWlLr.jpg

jIZUBAm.jpg

fJenCN0.jpg

wg7vNB6.jpg

2MPPIEN.jpg

BEJUPkY.jpg

GwejEkF.jpg

hOGW9fO.jpg

Great progress guys  - keep going, you need to aim for 100% completion rate! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Anything less than 100% completion is dishonours us in the eyes of the Emperor Captain, Zeal will never allow that.

@ Duke - Love the awesome use of bits! The Sisters of Silence greatswords are a great choice.

Re. my pledge... almost there, just dottin the eyes, purity seals, and bases!

I hope they look Deathwatch enough without black armour...

(terrible photo)

I'll prepare another pledge afterwards, should I go with a Corvus or a maybe terminator or bike squad?

@ Duke - Love the awesome use of bits! The Sisters of Silence greatswords are a great choice.

Re. my pledge... almost there, just dottin the eyes, purity seals, and bases!

I hope they look Deathwatch enough without black armour...

(terrible photo)

I'll prepare another pledge afterwards, should I go with a Corvus or a maybe terminator or bike squad?

Cheers dude.

I saw do the Corvus, it's iconic to the force.

Oath fulfilled.

Five veteran marines with archaic armour and uncertain loyalties inducted... 

DW SQ1a

DW SQ1b

DW SQ1c

DW SQ1d

DW SQ1e

... followed shortly by five veterans of the Dark Angels with uncertain intentions.

DW SQ2a

DW SQ2b

DW SQ2c

DW SQ2d

DW SQ2e

They always look so much worse up close... any comments or suggestions for extra little touches are very welcome!!!

I haven't decided on a new oath yet, is there a deadline for submitting a new one before ETLs end?

There's so much glorious painting/converting work in this thread, I can't even keep up with it all.  Suffice to say, awesome work on all the completions, brothers! :)

Im slowly slogging away at my marines. The combination of a heatwave and work has had a diminishing effect on the progress but Im getting there. its been quite fun (sofar) painting all the different marine chapters.

xSEeVfx.jpg

Mr Flesh Tearer is an angry marine:

zr39lTc.jpg

Brilliant work, SwashBuccaneer!  I love the crisp details and sparse gold ornamentation :smile.:

Thanks! Have put a lot of time into them and it feels like it's been forever since I started but seeing them all together like that just pumped me up more to do more. Not too bad for just painting for 2 months now.

This was my first mini I painted when I picked up the DI box. https://imgur.com/FDjO9vU Think I'll always keep that ugly little space zombie no matter what. lol

The quality is amazing here! well done guys, but keep going! :tu:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, mjrwaud, hereby submit a re-pledge of the following forces to bolster the Deathwatch.

1) 1 X Corvus Blackstar with assault cannons, auspex, blackstar rockets, blackstar cluster launchers, hurricane bolters (224 pts)

2) 4 X Veterans with infernus pattern heavy bolters (144 pts)*

3) 4 X Veterans with missile launchers (164 pts)*

*I'll be adding these to previously painted squads in order to bring them up to 9-10 models... is that alright?

Just a small update, got the first 3 custodian jet bikes done, doing them as shadow keepers and running them as a small force attached to the deathwatch, I'll bulk out the lore for the Plog but I've tried to keep the colour scheme the same or related across the force.

The bone style Eagles have turned out really well and was a nice break in painting to do something different, going to get cracking on my Razorbacks and at some point finish my Corvus.

Let me know what you think of the colour scheme or if there is any tips you think would add to the cool factor.

jssGhqS.jpg

JA8WnBW.jpg

z72UeGM.jpg

4yOtW15.jpg

A8U55b1.jpg

Archived