+++Deathwatch Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I've never been a fan of the Custodes Jetbikes . . . but that paintjob may have just turned my opinion around! :D  Absolutely beautiful work, DDM!

Cheers dude, means allot.

I was worried about them being so dark but highlighting up to bone from zandri dust makes a difference, ironically my basing gave me the idea. :p

Only down side is that it takes a long time because it's all done with highlights within highlights so each feather is done separate multiple times. Still got another 9 to paint for the pledge with other things.

Think I'm about 1k in now and still 2.4k to go, starting to become concerned. Lol

My vow of 1 Knight Warden is finally complete. The last few weeks have been ridiculously busy, and I'm super pleased to have finally completed my vow. Gonna chill out for a little bit before my next one I think!

Knight Fin 1

Knight Fin 3

Knight Fin 4

Knight Fin 5

Great work everyone, some absolutely stunning painting in this thread.

My vow of 1 Knight Warden is finally complete. The last few weeks have been ridiculously busy, and I'm super pleased to have finally completed my vow. Gonna chill out for a little bit before my next one I think!

Your a braver man than I with all that yellow. ;)

The knight looks great dude.

I, mjrwaud, hereby submit a re-pledge of the following forces to bolster the Deathwatch.

1) 1 X Corvus Blackstar with assault cannons, auspex, blackstar rockets, blackstar cluster launchers, hurricane bolters (224 pts)

2) 4 X Veterans with infernus pattern heavy bolters (144 pts)*

3) 4 X Veterans with missile launchers (164 pts)*

*I'll be adding these to previously painted squads in order to bring them up to 9-10 models... is that alright?

Well mjrwaud, every entry should consist of game-legal units, not add-ons on previously vowed units. However in this particular case it's just a matter of optics as you can vow those as one until of 8 with the exact same load-out and points total (unless I'm missing something?). Anyway, I'm registering the vow but please rearrange the content to be a legal unit. ;)

Just a small update, got the first 3 custodian jet bikes done, doing them as shadow keepers and running them as a small force attached to the deathwatch, I'll bulk out the lore for the Plog but I've tried to keep the colour scheme the same or related across the force.

The bone style Eagles have turned out really well and was a nice break in painting to do something different, going to get cracking on my Razorbacks and at some point finish my Corvus.

Let me know what you think of the colour scheme or if there is any tips you think would add to the cool factor.

Hidden Content

jssGhqS.jpg

JA8WnBW.jpg

z72UeGM.jpg

4yOtW15.jpg

A8U55b1.jpg

The bone is excellent and so are the leather boots! I also like the measured weathering - well dome man, keep going! :tu:

Congratulations! :woot: Great work man - especially the yellow! I think it's by far the most challenging colour to work with - more so on big surfaces... Now take your time and rest and feel free to return when you're ready! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, mjrwaud, hereby submit a re-pledge of the following forces to bolster the Deathwatch.

1) 1 X Corvus Blackstar with assault cannons, auspex, blackstar rockets, blackstar cluster launchers, hurricane bolters (224 pts)

*I'll be adding these to previously painted squads in order to bring them up to 9-10 models... is that alright?

Well mjrwaud, every entry should consist of game-legal units, not add-ons on previously vowed units. However in this particular case it's just a matter of optics as you can vow those as one until of 8 with the exact same load-out and points total (unless I'm missing something?). Anyway, I'm registering the vow but please rearrange the content to be a legal unit. :wink:

Ah, thanks for the info!

Those two units combined wouldn't technically be legal (limit of 4 heavy weapons in a unit of 10 veterans), so I'll update my re-pledge to the following:

2) 5 X Veterans with 4 X infernus pattern heavy bolters + 1X Sgt. Stalker bolter / Storm Shield (169 pts) 

3) 5 X Veterans with 4 X missile launchers + 1 X Sgt. Stalker bolter / Storm Shield (189 pts)

Corvus already underway, but going for a very metallic scheme I'm not 100% sure of... :|

Well mjrwaud, every entry should consist of game-legal units, not add-ons on previously vowed units. However in this particular case it's just a matter of optics as you can vow those as one until of 8 with the exact same load-out and points total (unless I'm missing something?). Anyway, I'm registering the vow but please rearrange the content to be a legal unit. :wink:

Ah, thanks for the info!

Those two units combined wouldn't technically be legal (limit of 4 heavy weapons in a unit of 10 veterans), so I'll update my re-pledge to the following:

2) 5 X Veterans with 4 X infernus pattern heavy bolters + 1X Sgt. Stalker bolter / Storm Shield (169 pts) 

3) 5 X Veterans with 4 X missile launchers + 1 X Sgt. Stalker bolter / Storm Shield (189 pts)

Corvus already underway, but going for a very metallic scheme I'm not 100% sure of... :|

Ok then, everything is in order now! :)

I'm slowly getting through my (most likely final) pledge. I also have the other dreadnought and chaplain mostly done, so all that's really left are the VVs and the assassin. Shouldn't be in any danger of not finishing.

Casualty during today's finish of the bikers. This is my second Agrax Earthshade to be spilled in less than a year, but luckily this time only a tire and the chaplain's head got soaked.

vY1YgAt.jpg

wIONCmi.jpg

VTDpUlw.jpg

Yeah, it's really good to see some progress going on! Keep it up guys! :tu:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'm slowly getting through my (most likely final) pledge. I also have the other dreadnought and chaplain mostly done, so all that's really left are the VVs and the assassin. Shouldn't be in any danger of not finishing.

Casualty during today's finish of the bikers. This is my second Agrax Earthshade to be spilled in less than a year, but luckily this time only a tire and the chaplain's head got soaked.

I did exactly the same thing earlier this year.  I'm not a fan of GW's taller bottles.

Working on my Corvus and going for a more metallic theme... but not entirely sold on it...

Here's "The Old Crow", just base coats and washes so far:

Any suggestions are most welcome!

And because I'm feeling it and need some Corvus Blackstar action and love in my life...

VOW2!

Corvus Blackstar:

Twin Assault Cannon

2x Blackstar Rocket Launchers

Hurricane Bolter

Infernum Halo-Launcher

Total: 239 Points

Congratulations SwashBucanner! :woot: This is so clean-cut and well painted - love it! :wub:

And good luck with your follow-up! 

So will other Shield Captains follow SawashBucaneer's example? Let's see more completions! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

"The Old Crow" is finished aside from maybe some freehand script... any ideas for simple confirmed kill markings for the different xenos races? 

I'm pretty happy with the weathering, but any tips and tricks are really appreciated!

Now for some more veterans... missile launchers and infernus bolters.

Great to see progress here! Keep going guys! :tu:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived