Combat Arm with Stormbolter

182 points

Tempestus Scions

Tempestor w/Chainsword & Laspistol

2x Scions w/Hot-Shot Volley Guns

2x Scions w/Hot-Shot Lasguns

62 points

Vow 3 total: 244 points

My vow is completed just before I fly out for the week. Sorry for the poor photo quality, but it's dark, late, and my place has very poor lighting.

I'm not doing a base for the Contemptor Dread yet as I want it to be more special, but I don't know what yet. I feel if I put it on one I'd lose motivation to make it better in the future.

INQ9ftY.jpg

urtYY8y.jpg

ORAz5yK.jpg

W8AIFoV.jpg

0MBdF1l.jpg

Moostick - that's a fantastic completion, and in the nick of time! Congratulations man - have a nice trip! :yes:

Now keep in mind this is the last weekend of the event ahead of us, so make extra sure you take advantage of it! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great to see such awesome work!

Frustratingly, I had some last minute work project pop up and paying for the roof over my head gets in the way of preparing to eliminate xenos... so there's no way I'll be able to finish the last few veterans of my vow... I'll be a little more careful when choosing my battles next time around. I suppose I'll have to petition as a blackshield next time around.

Oh man, are you sure you cannot find the time for a few veterans? A completion will not only help the Deathwing (and the IFOR) greatly but a lack of one will nullify your completed vow too... C'mon, the weekend is still ahead of us!

And congrats to boyadventurer - a significant completion at the nick of time! Well done sir!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Whew, looks like I'm going to be able to make it... but it'll be close! They won't be my best work, but they should be done...

Vow complete:

http://imgur.com/a/Ci9e5Oj

(If anyone could let me know how to find the bb code links on imgur it would be much appreciated)

If you go to the image there should be a down arrow and clicking that should have an option that says get share links.

From there you can copy one of the options it gives.

Vow complete!

1) 1 X Corvus Blackstar with assault cannons, auspex, blackstar rockets, blackstar cluster launchers, hurricane bolters (224 pts)

2) 5 X Veterans with 4 X infernus pattern heavy bolters + 1X Sgt. Stalker bolter / Storm Shield (169 pts) 

3) 5 X Veterans with 4 X missile launchers + 1 X Sgt. Stalker bolter / Storm Shield (189 pts)

... I switched two of the infernus bolters x missile launchers in the squads, but the points will shake out to the same total for both squads (179 pts).

DW   CORVUS

DW   HVY 1

DW   HVY 2

MJR - Are you sure your Corvus values are correct? Mine has the same armament and came out to 239. Unless Battlescribe points are wrong. Don't want to see you shortchange yourself. :D

Great completion. Love seeing all these Xenos splattering brothers!

MJR - Are you sure your Corvus values are correct? Mine has the same armament and came out to 239. Unless Battlescribe points are wrong. Don't want to see you shortchange yourself. :biggrin.:

Great completion. Love seeing all these Xenos splattering brothers!

Thanks SB, you're probably right but let me double check my math from the codex. 

Corvus (150) + Twin Assault Cannon (44) + Blackstar Rockets (15 X 2 = 30)* + Hurricane bolter (10) + Auspex array (5) = yup, 239!

*There's the slip up, didn't double-up the blackstar rocket cost.

Yeah, there's some impressive Deathwatch forces out there!

I get plenty of ideas (and sometimes a little jealous) from seeing everyone's completions... ;)

So what's the exact number of points of your vow?

congratulations for your completions, this is an epic performance! Now hopefully we'll see more of that soon... :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So what's the exact number of points of your vow?

congratulations for your completions, this is an epic performance! Now hopefully we'll see more of that soon... :smile.:

Vow pt. 1 (2 x 5 man vet. squads - already completed and counted) was 277 pts.

Vow pt. 2 (Corvus + 2 more 5 man vet. squads - just now completed) was 597 (239 + 179 + 179)

Happy to have completed it and looking forward to even bigger things next time around, there are some epic examples to look up to!

Wish I'd pledged for DW at this point . . . there's some really impressive work here and the rate of completions (at least on the surface) is impressive, despite how small of a faction DW remains.  Good work all around, Watch Captains! :)

Wish I'd pledged for DW at this point . . . there's some really impressive work here and the rate of completions (at least on the surface) is impressive, despite how small of a faction DW remains.  Good work all around, Watch Captains! :smile.:

I don't, my work has enough troubles in looking good :laugh.:

Woops I just remembered the deadline :S. I am on holiday and only have access to some pics on my phone, thank goodness for cloud backup.

Vows Complete:

My Deathwatch are happy with their new transport, although their friends in the Skitarii keep calling it a "01000011 01101100 01101111 01110111 01101110 00100000 01000011 01100001 01110010". They are not sure what the joke is.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/388030718258839553/473991194632912906/20180801_011037.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/388030718258839553/473988610857631744/20180801_003535.jpg

And my Skitarii which unfortunately I found out that apart from the first one I painted the Brass wrong :S so I stopped painting them past a stage that I would field them at.  I hope this will not affect submission?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/388030718258839553/474212291500441612/20180801_154344.jpg

Edit: Dam the pics on the phone make the models look awful. Will have to use a proper camera when I get home.

Archived