+++Adepta Sororitas Outpost+++

I _saracen, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adepta Sororitas, part of the IFOR group and vow to complete:

9 Dominions - Combi-Flamer, Power Maul, 3x Flamers (the 4th was my test model for the paint scheme) - 132 pts

10 Dominions - Combi-Melta, Chainsword, 4x Melta - 187 pts

9 Repentia + Mistress of Repentance - 191 pts

I am doing subassembly painting, but I laid out all the sub parts on the board to prove that they are all either simply primed or unpainted:

NUUB37x.jpg

For a total of 697pts on or before 1st August 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory. Failure shall doom me to wear the badge of the oath breaker till years end.

Saracen, what models are those that you're using? I don't recognize them ...

I _saracen, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adepta Sororitas, part of the IFOR group and vow to complete:

9 Dominions - Combi-Flamer, Power Maul, 3x Flamers (the 4th was my test model for the paint scheme) - 132 pts

9 Repentia + Mistress of Repentance - 191 pts

I am doing subassembly painting, but I laid out all the sub parts on the board to prove that they are all either simply primed or unpainted:

NUUB37x.jpg

For a total of 697pts on or before 1st August 2018.

Success will bring me eternal glory. Failure shall doom me to wear the badge of the oath breaker till years end.

Saracen, what models are those that you're using? I don't recognize them ...

They're a fairly popular alternative to real metal Sisters from GW. They are Dreamforge Games Eisenkern Valkir Heavy Troopers Bodies with Statuesque Female heads kitbbashed with tons of GW parts.

Most likely a resin cast. If you look closely you'll observe that the white parts on the on the left hand hull closely match the metal parts on the right hand hull. The parts from the right hand hull are some of the upgrade parts required to transform a mk1 Rhino into a mk1 Immolator.

Most plain white parts like that are usually home made resin casts, because white is the default colour of home cast resin and pigments cost money. They also make your part photograph much better.

On the money there!

Yes the white parts are resin cast from the original metal parts on the right.

My current army was stripped and rebuilt from my old 2nd ed days. So while old Rhinos are easy to come by, the metal SoB parts are not so I'm using cast pieces from here on out to dress up my Rhinos

gallery_84606_14557_1338600.jpg

So, any progress people would like to report? 

I've gotten most of the basecoating work done. Still need to finish some metal and start on the robes, but the armor has turned out well. My next tasks after finishing in the metal/detail work is to work on the heads (Not looking forward to that!) and the weapons as you can see below. Still, much more progress than I've had since December when I bought the parts for these ladies!

suYa7aE.jpg3b8c1RE.jpg

So, any progress people would like to report?

Yes! I've identified my minis!

gallery_226_14579_120336.jpg

gallery_226_14579_102031.jpg

gallery_226_14579_607685.jpg

gallery_226_14579_12909.jpg

gallery_226_14579_40368.jpg

Which should work out to three squads of ten. One Squad of Retributors with 4 Multi-Meltas, Two line squads with heavy flamer and flamer each. Also, Greyfax wishes to know if she's allowed to join too.

I'll list points during the next project update.

Awfully quiet here... any progress guys? 

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I'm making progress. I have 11 more Dominions to do the metal on, and then I am on to basing, heads, and weapons. I wanted to try out subassembly painting and I don't think I will be doing it again with weapons. I enjoy being able to work on the heads off of the models, but doing the guns separately has been a bit of a pain.  I'm also making progress on the repentia, but I'm not as pleased with them. I will probably paint them to tabletop standard with 3 colors and call it done once my dominions are finished.

Archived