+++Adeptus Mechanicus Outpost+++

Looking great so far OnboardG1! the purple on the leg armour is divine.

By the look of the fists and Heavy Phosphor, I'm guessing you are going to magnetize? Any chance you could let me know what size magnets you are using/ where you get them from? Asking for a friend... honest :whistling:

I built and sprayed my dominus over the weekend. Plan to paint him over the next couple of nights. Then it's 10 skitarii and an Armiger and we're done on the first vow. Planning some form of Knight for a subsequent vow, plus a strip and repaint of a techpriest Enginseer.

So work on the second knight is slow mostly due to the base. I need some more detail work on it and I'd like to get a heraldry for the shield but not sure as of what yet and not sure I can turn in the vow without it.

HJWIP

I also did a 1500 pts bout against nurgle over the weekend, report in my tales thread later.

I, Burni rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete 1 Armigar Warglaive of total value 240 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Primed Armiger Warglaive

(I've primed it in appropriate sprays as sub assemblies, but I've also brushed a coat of red over the base - I hope that's okay).

Great progress guys - and a new participant! :woot:

Vanguard done!

Hidden Content

IMG_2567.JPG

Blog post: https://redtoof.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/more-admech-skitarii-vanguard.html

Great work man - It's good to be reminded how great the AdMech range is! And the painting quality I see here really does it credit!

So work on the second knight is slow mostly due to the base. I need some more detail work on it and I'd like to get a heraldry for the shield but not sure as of what yet and not sure I can turn in the vow without it.

I also did a 1500 pts bout against nurgle over the weekend, report in my tales thread later.

That base man, it's amazing! :eek: How did you do it? And the snout too... :yes:

I, Burni rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete 1 Armigar Warglaive of total value 240 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

(I've primed it in appropriate sprays as sub assemblies, but I've also brushed a coat of red over the base - I hope that's okay).

And another AdMech player is here! Welcome to the ETL man and good luck with the Armiger! 

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great progress guys - and a new participant! :woot:

That base man, it's amazing! :eek: How did you do it? And the snout too... :yes:

Honestly, a friend let me use a stamp pattern for tiles. It was built for 50mm max so I covered the base in GS and tried my best to line the pattern, the grey mark areas I couldn't so will be covered in some light debris. As for the pattern... hand painting. The base is bleached bone with the darker tiles being Kantor Blue.

I'm not sure I'll attempt this again, but it was nice to try.

I hope that Gadget Plus makes a Iron Tiger head for the armigars like he did with his Iron Wolf.

Thanks Captain Semper! Got off to a running start this evening. Chassis is mostly done. Nice to have a goal to work towards. Really helps the motivation!

Sold off all my 40k stuff last year so am starting fresh. Got Forgebane and an AM start collecting. If I get my first pledge done, I’m going to do the Onager next I think.

Some great stuff already in the thread, keep up the great work everyone!

Edit: Hmmm it seems I have 2 accounts. Never realised. I will make sure to post on Burni. Sorry for the confusion.

Alright, time to enter my first ETL and my first pledge!   I, frosteldar rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete 1 Armiger Warglaive on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Armiger Warglaive 1

Wow Squishy you are a painting machine! (So in the right forum then hehe).

They look great. I’ve got a TPD primed and you’ve inspired me to put it into my next vow. I’ve nearly finished my Armiger, ETL has really motivated me to get painting!

Hopefully we’ll get a few more AM or Knight pledges before the cut off. Keep up the good work everyone!

Cutting it close due to some password recovery problems but here it is:

Darnarth Lysander rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Adeptus Mechanicus and vow to complete Two units of Kataphron Destroyers and a Unit of Kastellan Battle robots of total value 655 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Before pic:

Vow 1 Before Pic

Wow Squishy you are a painting machine! (So in the right forum then hehe).

They look great. I’ve got a TPD primed and you’ve inspired me to put it into my next vow. I’ve nearly finished my Armiger, ETL has really motivated me to get painting!

Hopefully we’ll get a few more AM or Knight pledges before the cut off. Keep up the good work everyone!

I currently have a lot of free time of an evening on my hands!

Get your dominus in a vow and aid your machine brethren!

Archived