+++Astra Militarum Outpost+++

+++ASTRA MILITARUM OUTPOST+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_02_Forum_IMPERIUM_Militarum.jpg

Welcome to the Astra Militarum Outpost. Astra Militarum belongs to the “Forces of the Imperium (IFOR)” Faction.

HERE IS WHERE YOU MUST POST YOUR VOWS

Here you must also post your “before” and “after” pics of your vows as well as any WIP you may want to share. You may also use this thread to discuss the progress of the event with your fellow participants, exchange ideas, offer and receive modelling/painting advice and generally have some ETL–related fun!

Here you’ll be able to submit vows that include the following units: 

- Codex Astra Militarum: all units

Index Imperium 2:

• All units from the Questor Imperialis list
  • All units from the Fortifications list

- Imperial Armour Index – Forces of the Astra Militarum:

• All units with the Astra Militarum keyword
  • All units from the Questor Imperialis list
  • All units from the Adeptus Titanicus list

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE MIGHT OF THE IMPERIUM
As mentioned in the main rules, participants who pledge for Astra Militarum will also have the option to pledge units that correspond to any other IFOR Forum as well! However, the units pledged from other IFOR Forums may never be more than the units selected from the list above. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS USE THE LATEST PUBLICATION TO SELECT AND PRICE YOUR UNITS
This means that the Index lists are good until the Codex is released (in which case the Index list becomes obsolete and cannot be used by anyone). Also, FAQs that come in the wake of a particular Codex (or other publication) take precedence over the Codex (or other publication). Also, any PDF releases by either Games Workshop or Forge World are also admissible (even if experimental) until an official publication that contains them is released. 

Before you post you vow make sure you familiarise yourself with the ETL VI rules. You can find a link to the ETL VI rules below: 

ETL VI RULES

+++THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Top_Banner_.jpg

++List of Participants++

Bluflash: Vow 1 (480)

bmseifer: Vow 1 (730)

Captain Titus: Vow 1 (1,616)

Chris521: Vow 1 (703) COMPLETE

coldfyre: Vow 1 (576)

Danny Cyanide: Vow 1 (2,095)

duz_: Vow 1 (267) COMPLETE

HackedDuck: Vow 1 (327)

Henimann: Vow (597) COMPLETE

Jam Master Flex: Vow 1 (358) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (923) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (223) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (67) COMPLETE | Vow 5 (82) COMPLETE

lionofjudah: Vow 1 (2,635) COMPLETE

Lord Marshal: Vow 1 (250)

MrZakalwe: Vow 1 (552)

Noigrim: Vow 1 (100) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (478) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (563) COMPLETE

Ravening Harlot: Vow 1 (952) COMPLETE

Snorkle: Vow 1 (1,081) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (1,341) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (2,263) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (1,625) COMPLETE

Tdemayo: Vow 1 (295) COMPLETE

THUNDERFISTS: Vow 1 (1,181) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (839) COMPLETE

Ulrik Ironfist: Vow 1 (180) COMPLETE

walter h: Vow 1 (322) COMPLETE

WarriorFish: Vow 1 (480) COMPLETE | Vow 2 (190) COMPLETE | Vow 3 (179) COMPLETE | Vow 4 (35) COMPLETE

I, Lord Marshal rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the ASTRA MILITARUM and vow to complete;

x1 Infantry Squad with a Grenade Launcher, Vox-caster and Lascannon (70pts)

x1 Leman Russ Battle Tank with Heavy Bolter sponsons and a Lascannon (180pts)

of total value 250pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

BLYHhk9.jpg?1

Comrades, it is time for glory once more - no man that painted in His service painted in vain! I will be returning next week to join the painting effort :thumbsup:

Look forwards to victory! If not, look behind to see the commissariat ready to dispense His benediction...

Although I have vowed for the foul Xenos this year it does not mean to say that I do not favour the Guard  too.

Join the effort for Imperial Glory sons of the Imperium - remember The Emperor Protects.

For my first ever vow I MrZakalwe rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Imperial Guard and vow to complete a contingent of His warriors (see below) of total value 552 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end and be forever cast from His favour. Glory to the Emperor and Glory to the Octarch.

1 x Company commander

5 x Bullgryns with mauls+slab  = 210

2 x Astropath conversions with laspistols (hooded dude on the left is the first) = 60

2 x Infantry squads with heavy bolter team and bolter/chainsword sergeant = 98 

1 x Leman Russ with battlecannon and hull mounted heavy bolter + stormbolter = 154

May He bless this enterprise.

I beg your forgiveness, fellow generals for the potato quality of the pictures. Updates should be of superior quality. 

Before - note the box full of sprues beside the chair... yeah they totally represents value for money sat in the box :/

4E3smHz.jpg

iTK3ojV.jpg

Welcome Mr. Zakalwe to the Guard Outpost. Good luck with your model-rich vow!

But guys, seriously? where is the might of the Guard - it used to carry the entire IFOR upon its shoulders and now? Just two brave generals have stepped forward... Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Guys, seriously? where is the might of the Guard - it used to carry the entire IFOR upon its shoulders ad now? Just two brave generals have stepped forward... Oh, how the hight have fallen...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Trooping the Colours probably burnt people out for a few months. That's my guess. I'm sure it's going to pick-up.

Honestly I'm trying to get my army to a playable state and the way I'm forcing myself to paint is that I'm not allowing myself to play at all until I have a painted army. In retrospect this was a mistake as a returning Guard player but I'm committed now.

On the bright side painting a high elf army I found some techniques to really speed things along with line infantry, it's the tank and Ogryns I'm worried about!

Also thanks for the welcome!

My first vow will be a hefty one.

med_gallery_99805_14500_472200.jpg

Company Commander

Tank Commander Executioner "ZEUS"

Storm Bolter, Lascannon, Plasma sponsons

Infantry Squad

Plasmagun, Vox Caster

Infantry Squad

Plasmagun, Vox Caster

Infantry Squad

Plasmagun

Veteran w/ Regimental Standard (rest of command squad already painted)

Sergeant Harker proxy

Leman Russ Conqueror "ARTEMIS"

Storm Bolter+Co-Axial Storm Bolter, Heavy Bolters x3

Manticore

Heavy Bolter

These two are a commission for a friend. I didn't see anything in the rules about that, but if it's against them please let me know.

Leman Russ Executioner

Lascannon, Plasma sponsons

Leman Russ Executioner

Lascannon, Plasma sponsons

For a grand total of 1,181 points!

REINFORCEMENTS AT LAST!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pcdXkoNeaXk/Vmdu9sLAuqI/AAAAAAAACZs/lGYi2lqvSPs/s1600/Cadian-Attack-700x700.jpg

Welcome THUNDERFISTS - a much needed intervention there!!!

Let's hope this will inspire some more Astra Militarum Generals to join too! Well done sir! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

In the distance you can hear chaotic taunting noises.

But seriously, c'mon Guardsmen! I want to see fierce competition from you too! Show the Space Marines of all stripes that humans can try to compete!

First two Leman Russ Executioners finished! Sorry for the bad quality photo - this will be a pattern with my very old phone. The edge highlighting doesn't show up too well here, but I'm pretty proud of these.

Executioner LR Finish

Next up, some guardsmen

I should get in on this, to finish what I started with Trooping the Colour!  

I, Henimann, vow to complete the following by August 1st:

- Infantry squad 1: sergeant with bolter, trooper with plasma rifle, trooper with vox, missile launcher team.  73 points

Rifle Section 2

- Infantry Squad 2: sergeant with bolt pistol and chainsword, trooper with vox, trooper with grenade launcher. 51 points

Assault Section 1

- 1 Company Commander: plasma pistol, power sword. 39 points

Company Commander

- 1 Stormtrooper/Scion Squad: Sergeant with plasma pistol, trooper with plasma gun, trooper with melta, trooper with grenade launcher, 6 stormtroopers. 136 points

Unpainted Stormtroopers

- 1 Ratling Squad: 6 Ratlings. 54 points

Unpainted Ratlings

1 Leman Russ Conqueror with Heavy Bolter. 155 points (shown as bought - needs repainting)

Conqueror Pre-Paint Job

- 1 Griffon Heavy Mortar Carrier, with hull heavy flamer and pintle storm bolter.  89 points

Griffon Primed

Total Vow Points Cost: 597 points!

First two Leman Russ Executioners finished! Sorry for the bad quality photo - this will be a pattern with my very old phone. The edge highlighting doesn't show up too well here, but I'm pretty proud of these.

Next up, some guardsmen

Keep going THUNDERFISTS, keep going! :thumbsup:

I should get in on this, to finish what I started with Trooping the Colour!  

I, Henimann, vow to complete the following by August 1st:

-2 Infantry Squads

-1 Company Commander

- 1 Stormtrooper Squad

- 1 Ratling Squad

- 1 Leman Russ Conqueror (shown as bought - needs repainting)

- 1 Griffon

Welcome Henimann, I can see a big vow there... Now please don't forget to work out the points and edit them in so I can properly update to list in the second post. 

Now this is the last Sunday before the first Weekly Update in Tuesday (or Wednesday). So if you want the Guard to have a strong showing in that update, place your vows fast! :smile.:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Jam Master Flex vow to have the following completed by the 1st August:

1 Infantry squad 40pts

1 Armoured sentinel w/lascannon 60pts

1 Gryphonne Chimera w/autocannon 98pts

1 Stygies Tank Destroyer 160pts

358 total

http://i.imgur.com/9tKZaMk.jpg

I've only just ordered the Chimera and a leman Russ for the conversion so don't have a picture of those yet.

Okay, most of my Militarum stuff is still annoyingly sittingin customers, so I honestly was considering switching my faction loyalty to the Deathwatch, but I've managed to squeeze out a pledge worthy of the Guard:

I Danny Cyanide, Lord Castellan of the mighty Astra Militarum (until Lord Castellan Creed returns from his secret mission), do hereby answer the call to arms! I pledge to complete the following units by August 1:

Astra Militarum: 7 units

1 Earthshaker Carriage and crew - 121

3 Elysian Command Squads (7 melts, 5 plasma) - 268

1 heavy flamer Tauros Assault Vehicle - 54

1 Vendetta gunship (all the Las Cannons) - 230

2 Armiger Warglaives with carapace Melta - 480

Deathwatch: 6 units

Chaplin - bolt pistol - 72

Librarian - bolt pistol and force sword - 96

Watch Captian - combi flamer and Relic Blade - 106

Kill team (Cassius with some weapon swaps)- 338

-Bike with power sword