+++Astra Militarum Outpost+++

Great stuff comrades, I hope to be ready for priming today then it's just a matter of waiting for a good moment to spray them.

Vows are set coldfyre, so you'll need to complete your current vow before making a new one. Counts as is fine if they look right so sounds like you're ok but best to wait for Semper to confirm :thumbsup:

I Jam Master Flex rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Astra Militarum and vow to complete the following units on or before August 1st:

For my second vow I'd like to vow the following:

Leman Russ Annihilator w/hull lascannons and sponsons multi meltas 222pts

Gryphonne Pattern Chimera w/hull flamer 107pts

Imperial Knight Valiant – 594 points + Harpoon, Conflagration Cannon, Two Shieldbreaker Missile (12 points each), Two melta guns, Two Siege Braker Cannons

http://i.imgur.com/3LFrrgu.jpg

923pts total, obviously my knight and it's codex won't be here until Saturday mind.

Assuming I get a Knight I won't have time to vow it (maybe next ETL?), so I will look forward to seeing others work on their Knights instead.

Keep up the good work comrades, there's no more reinforcements to be had so it's up to us :wink:

Just a couple quick questions-

I can’t add models to my existing vow, right? I was hoping to vow a couple armigers before the price drop with next week’s Codex, but wont be able to finish my existing vow before then, unfortunately.

I cant vow for normal Astartes, correct? Can I vow my normal Chapter as “counts as” Deathwatch in that case, assuming that they are WYSIWYG Deathwag legal, gear-wise?

Thanks!

You are correct, you may not add models to an existing vow and you may not vow for any other Forum but the one you have already committed to, i.e. Astra Militarum. You may add other IFOR units in you vow (a unique privilege for IFOR) provided they do not outnumber your Astra Militarum units. So although in principle vowing your marines as "count-as" Deathwatch could fly, there must be at least as many units from the Astra Militarum pool...

Hope that answers your question?

Just a couple quick questions-

I can’t add models to my existing vow, right? I was hoping to vow a couple armigers before the price drop with next week’s Codex, but wont be able to finish my existing vow before then, unfortunately.

I cant vow for normal Astartes, correct? Can I vow my normal Chapter as “counts as” Deathwatch in that case, assuming that they are WYSIWYG Deathwag legal, gear-wise?

Thanks!

You are correct, you may not add models to an existing vow and you may not vow for any other Forum but the one you have already committed to, i.e. Astra Militarum. You may add other IFOR units in you vow (a unique privilege for IFOR) provided they do not outnumber your Astra Militarum units. So although in principle vowing your marines as "count-as" Deathwatch could fly, there must be at least as many units from the Astra Militarum pool...

Hope that answers your question?

It does, thank you!

For the counts-as Deathwatch, they are pretty heavily converted and geared up anyway, so they'll fit the fluff/rules aspect.

Made some progress on my vow, got my Leman Russ built and painted:

http://i.imgur.com/A4HcDL3.jpg]

Just got the Chimera to finish later this week and then it'll leave me with plenty of time to build and paint my knight to a high standard

I Snorkle rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Astra Militarum and vow to complete the following units on or before August 1st:

Astra Militarum: 3 Units

Leman Russ Punisher: Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Heavy Stubber

Leman Russ Annihilator: Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Heavy Stubber

Leman Russ Battle Tank: Lascannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Heavy Stubber, Track Guard

Imperial Knights: 2 Units

Armiger Warglaives: x2, Meltaguns

Knight Paladin: Heavy Stubber, Meltagun, Thunderstrike Gauntlet, Rapid-fire Battle Cannon, Stormspear Rocket Pod

Adeptus Custodes: 2 Units

Captain-General Trajann Valoris

Vertus Praetors: 3x, Hurricane Bolters, Misericordias

For a total of 2099 points.

Here's how it works snorkel: Your Guard units must be equal or more than ALL the other IFOR units in any given vow. You have 3 units of Guard and 4 units from other IFOR. I assume you misunderstood the rule as such I will allow you to add another Guard unit if you have one standing by - or you have to remove on non-Guard unit from your vow. I have registered the vow as is for now but please let me know which way you'll go. 

Made some progress on my vow, got my Leman Russ built and painted:

http://i.imgur.com/A4HcDL3.jpg]

Just got the Chimera to finish later this week and then it'll leave me with plenty of time to build and paint my knight to a high standard

Amazing quality - and the free hand too! :thumbsup:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hey CaptainSemper, Oops! No idea how I missed that. I was sure to follow the rule on my previous vows. Slipped by me big time. I've updated the vow to have an equal number or Astra Militarum units to IFOR units.

Thanks! You're doing one heck of a job! I've been having a blast in the ETL and my backlog is moving along (though there is still so much to do)

Just a little update.  I have finished assembly of all of the deathwatch and have primed them.  I ran into a small snag on the company commanders. The axes I was going to use aren't currently being sold, so I have to find another solution. 

Here are the kills teams and a closeup of the captain for my vow.

V4BNbf6.jpg?2

xTZpQJF.jpg

This next picture is not for my current vow, but I've assembled and primed them.  They will go on the back burner for now, but if I have time to make a second vow, I'll reference this picture.

tvJ9Sj4.jpg?1

Finally, I finished a bunch of bases for the Deathwatch.

xmvZawy.jpg?1

Progress update for my vow:

Progress has been slow, but is moving forward. I've finished highlighting all 22 Deathwatch Marines, and have built my first Elysian Command Squad!

psfomWQ.jpg

5acicia.jpg

hPzBjwT.jpg

DrDx30n.jpg

uTD0Z5c.jpg

hLYO1WH.jpg

The Elysians were brutal, as their left hand is attached to their Laguns, so I had to glue them together with Laguns, then clip the guns off and file out the left hand to hold the meltas!

Nice work Danny, the highlighting is subtle yet strong at the same time to bring the black out a lot. The melta conversion work is very well done too so worth the effort :tu:

Let's keep the progress going comrades, I'm hoping to get some good painting time in over the weekend :D

Got my Chimera for my vow finished, using some new oil paints for the weathering instead, very happy with how they look.

http://i.imgur.com/cD0iCjy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/s3zA46f.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NK2KzMX.jpg

Just got to twiddle my thumb's until my valiant comes on Saturday now.

Like the golden colour on him, has a nice finish to it :tu: Some gold of my own to report today, pretty good progress:

gallery_30308_14554_31186.jpg

Should be able to get more done tomorrow and be comfortably on my way to finishing :) Bullgryn and "Greyfax" in particular, Lord Commissar may take a little longer with the additional base work :P

Update time... didnt get to spend as much time as I wanted this eve behind the brush but I got in 3 more hours so pretty happy...took an hour to tape everything off to spray the tracks but I think it turned out to be worth it. Not so good pics but Ive got to be up in a few hours and have 2 hours behind the wheel and a day at Kings Island riding coasters ;)

gallery_32985_14149_110666.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_102734.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_86583.jpeg

Archived