+++Astra Militarum Outpost+++

Hey CaptainSemper, Oops! No idea how I missed that. I was sure to follow the rule on my previous vows. Slipped by me big time. I've updated the vow to have an equal number or Astra Militarum units to IFOR units.

Thanks! You're doing one heck of a job! I've been having a blast in the ETL and my backlog is moving along (though there is still so much to do)

Great Snorkle, I have amended the first page (and my spreadsheet). Good luck!

Update time... didnt get to spend as much time as I wanted this eve behind the brush but I got in 3 more hours so pretty happy...took an hour to tape everything off to spray the tracks but I think it turned out to be worth it. Not so good pics but Ive got to be up in a few hours and have 2 hours behind the wheel and a day at Kings Island riding coasters :wink:

Hidden Content

gallery_32985_14149_110666.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_102734.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_86583.jpeg

Looks great lionofjudah, a massive undertaking to be sure! Go for it! :tu:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Looks great! What colour grey are you using?

Update time... didnt get to spend as much time as I wanted this eve behind the brush but I got in 3 more hours so pretty happy...took an hour to tape everything off to spray the tracks but I think it turned out to be worth it. Not so good pics but Ive got to be up in a few hours and have 2 hours behind the wheel and a day at Kings Island riding coasters ;)

gallery_32985_14149_110666.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_102734.jpeg

gallery_32985_14149_86583.jpeg

Thanks Duz! Vallejo red primer, Ammo Dunklegrau, dunklegrau/Vallejo grey (76/26)... same 50/50, then the 50/50 with 5 drops aged white and last layer was to take mix to thirds for highlights only. Thanks are AK track primer.

Just an update on my vow :  after an afternoon with my airbrush, all models for my vow are at the least primed, if not basecoated!   I primed the stormtroopers and the ratlings, and basecoated the Griffon and Conqueror.   Now that the majority of the airbrushing is done, I can start knocking out the last of my infantry before focusing on my tanks.   

Stormtroopers and Ratlings primed

LR Conqueror Basecoated

Griffon Basecoated

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Oh exciting! :D

Youre going for yellow and white?

What yellow and silver are you using?

I base coated the armour white and then used averland sunset through the airbrush.

I left various halves white on my armour pieces because I wasn't sure where I am going to put in the black bits, or red too as it's House Hawkshroud to go with my mini knights

Congrats Noigrim!!

I’m in the midst of RL as my biz partner and front desk staff are on a retreat on the other side of the planet and I’m running the show back home.

I’m loving JMF’s armor and weathering a bunch and am chomping at the bit to get back to mine.

I’ll be able to break the airbrush out and satin varnish everything to prep for decals tomorrow night

Slight update

http://i.imgur.com/9CpOxF4.jpg

This is taking chuffing ages haha, I've had a lot on at the moment and I've got so much left to do on the bits that I've managed to paint anyway.

Then I need to decide if I want to weather it or keep it fresh and clean?

Personally I always like the clean look.

Id imagine these giant beasts unless they're mid campaign are always kept in tiptop condition.

Looking great though. Lens effect is spot on :tu:

JMF if it were me, i’d keep the weathering to actual weather - rain streaks, dirt/mud, oil from fill ports/cylinders, etc. these things are way too valuable to be left to rust, or with unattended damage (unless in the midst of a campaign).

Here is my update for the evening:

ggHqFNf.jpg

QoAKwzo.jpg

Still reasonably confident I can finish assembly of my vow by the end of this week and a solid bulk of painting done by the end of next weekend...

Great work Jam, for such a striking heraldic scheme I also think clean would be better - show it off more :biggrin.:

coldfyre you're still a loon, so the commissariat will be keeping a close eye on you and your work in case your genius shows signs of deviancy... :laugh.::wink:

Archived