+++Astra Militarum Outpost+++

Some great looking progress and completions everyone!

I've decided I will keep it clean, I'm still working on the Valiant in-between work and watching the world cup:

http://i.imgur.com/cDCqdhY.jpg

Hoping to be done by the end of the week now!

For my second vow, I declare my two Knights for consideration.

Knight Paladin w/ Heavy Stubber and Reaper 423pts

Knight Warden w/ Heavy Stubber and Thuderstrike Gauntlet 416pts

839pts together

Two Knights

*edit* Ogryn for size comparison only :teehee:

They're fully magnetized, too. 

Knights Magnetized

Update time!

Knight Detachment is nearly done and metalwork on the tanks is complete. If I can just resist the urge to work on the Valiant that just arrived then this vow should be done by Friday. 

Jam: Your Valiant is looking awesome! What colors do you use for your lenses? I'm really digging them.

Update time!

Knight Detachment is nearly done and metalwork on the tanks is complete. If I can just resist the urge to work on the Valiant that just arrived then this vow should be done by Friday.

Jam: Your Valiant is looking awesome! What colors do you use for your lenses? I'm really digging them.

Thanks, I was contemplating doing them again but then remembered he's getting his helmet so it's ok.

I do Kantor Blue base, then Teclis Blue, Temple Guard Blue and then Baharotth Blue for the furthest edge.

Little blobs of white to finish

Amazing progress here - and I'm sure the momentum will be carried on next week too! :tu:

That knight man... :drool:

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Happy to say that I think my Leman Russ interior might be finished!

Tkr5WdR.jpg

The imgur album is here:  https://imgur.com/a/LQpS3FK

If you don't mind, could you let me know if there's anything you see that I'm missing or need to consider?  I'd like to get this thing primed and painted inside so I can finally finish it up!

(Note - it carries 42 cannon shells, scaled to 175mm (~3mm diameter).  In case you were wondering :) )

Some truly spectacular work here! I'm out of likes so you'll have to make do with worthless words of praise instead :tongue.:

Coldfyre I can't wait to see that painted up, it's amazing to see a beloved rule of cool model turned into a more functioning and dare I say realistic vehicle. Jam Master Flex I will have to be stealing your red and yellow recipe as it looks stunning and since they are my intended colours for my Knight (when I get round to it) too I'd quite like it to look similar!

It's also great to see the humble infantry models still making an appearance in what is increasingly a competitive ETL scene - so much kudos to everyone grinding out Guardsmen squads. Much like how the Imperial Guard grinds down the enemies of the Emperor and marches ever onwards :wink:

Some truly spectacular work here! I'm out of likes so you'll have to make do with worthless words of praise instead :tongue.:

Coldfyre I can't wait to see that painted up, it's amazing to see a beloved rule of cool model turned into a more functioning and dare I say realistic vehicle. Jam Master Flex I will have to be stealing your red and yellow recipe as it looks stunning and since they are my intended colours for my Knight (when I get round to it) too I'd quite like it to look similar!

It's also great to see the humble infantry models still making an appearance in what is increasingly a competitive ETL scene - so much kudos to everyone grinding out Guardsmen squads. Much like how the Imperial Guard grinds down the enemies of the Emperor and marches ever onwards :wink:

The Yellow is White Vallejo Primer base, Averland Sunset and then Uriel Yellow, with a Dorm Yellow edge highlight.

The red is Melhiston Red, then Evil Sunz and Wild Rider Red.

Update - got some more done today, still got final highlights, transfers and the base to do but it's nice to be on the home straight at last!

http://i.imgur.com/qGJVcP3.jpg

Yellow looks better the more paint the model gets Jam: I'm on course to finish my vow Sunday:

gallery_30308_14554_5518.jpg

The basic work is almost done along with some details so he's come along nicely. Then it's on to the Stormies though I am tempted to vow the Helverins! I don't think I'll have time to do both but maybe I can squeeze something in quick before the end of July :)

I figured I'd post a small update

mbxgwGf.jpg?1

Here are the deathwatch guys so far.  There are a ton of little details that still need to be done, but the captain and the two in the next picture are the farthest along.

VwTzuOW.jpg?1

QFwBEUH.jpg?1

I've been trying to figure out how to best go about highlighting them.  the GW models have a bit of blue to their highlights.

I've also got a hold of some axes for my commanders.  I may need to go over with some green stuff since I took away too much plastic when putting them on.

ft7y2q9.jpg?2

Coldfyre...that interior is amazing!! Well done

JMF...love the hawkshroud colors youve done!! My 2 knights are soon to be adorned in the heraldry as well..:)

Lil update...exciting....DECALZ!!!!

gallery_32985_14149_1155520.jpeg

for my counts as pask...wittmans numbers

gallery_32985_14149_521303.jpeg

because a big ole new tank should have a blast from the past

gallery_32985_14149_243133.jpeg

125 is part of A battery

gallery_32985_14149_385492.jpeg

found this one fitting for the basi barrels

Noigrim so shiney! He looks great

Jam they look strikingly awesome!

Btw I have a Foldio too! They're brilliant. I have a 1 but think I need to invest in a 3 as well for larger projects. Good luck with the move!

I've taken today off work with my only plans being airburshing! :D

Archived