+++Astra Militarum Outpost+++

Noigrim so shiney! He looks great

Jam they look strikingly awesome!

Btw I have a Foldio too! They're brilliant. I have a 1 but think I need to invest in a 3 as well for larger projects. Good luck with the move!

I've taken today off work with my only plans being airburshing! :D

Cheers mate, yeah I quite like it but sometimes I feel like the light isn't as bright as it could be, so keep eyeing up other things.

I'll have to be patient and wait now haha

I have the 1 which is the 10"? Im not sure you can even get them any more...

Id say definitely the 2 or 3 would be a good investment.

I bought the second light bar for the rear. Generally when I'm shooting infantry I dont use it because its too bright. That could also be because the 1 is a lot lower / smaller for a similar light intensity as the bigger ones.

However sounds like you could definitely use the extra bar more often on the 2 and 3s.

I did some researching into light boxes they seemed to be the vest value bang for your buck and super quick to set up vs a lot of others that require actual lamps although they probably have a softer ligjt as a result.

Amazing progress guys - the Guard and the IFOR really have built up a momentum! 

Happy to say that I think my Leman Russ interior might be finished!

Hidden Content

Tkr5WdR.jpg

The imgur album is here:  https://imgur.com/a/LQpS3FK

If you don't mind, could you let me know if there's anything you see that I'm missing or need to consider?  I'd like to get this thing primed and painted inside so I can finally finish it up!

(Note - it carries 42 cannon shells, scaled to 175mm (~3mm diameter).  In case you were wondering :smile.: )

:eek: WOW! no words for this amount of detail... Kudos to you! 

Vow complete, I think this might be all I can vow now before I emigrate as alot of stuff is going to be packed up:

Hidden Content

http://i.imgur.com/HQVZE8b.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wdMkoYM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ktxFQE0.jpg

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

OK, I think this will qualify for the Badge of the Artificer...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks chaps, I appreciate the kind words. I might vow an extra Russ before I go, I can usually get them done in less than a week so we will see.

It's the last guard unit I have that's in its box so I suppose it's one less box to ship over if I get it done ha.

I spent 2 hours working on more decals last night

I decided they were going to be AFV's atttached to the 4th combat company of the 501st...

the super heavy is on loan from the 2nd super heavy detachment... I am also sick and tired of the resin craptastic multilasers breakin off on the kit and will be replacing them with flamer barrels.

gallery_32985_14149_242492.jpeg

Im really enjoying working on the minotaur...it truly is a beast of burden and will be receiving a bunch of extra attention when the weathering time begins:)

gallery_32985_14149_218203.jpeg

The lil centaur tractors are a fun kit...

gallery_32985_14149_80343.jpeg

Salamnder is from the 8th company recon squadron...the wings of silence are a tribute to the predatory avian Wah'sun incursion that the 501st repelled in their last rotation that would later be taken into the Tau'sept empire

gallery_32985_14149_6207.jpeg

The malcador is also growing on me...Im kind of happy the Czech customs service 'lost' the package when I sold it last year...even more happy that it made its way back to me in 1 piece;)...now shes a valued part of the detatchment

gallery_32985_14149_122916.jpeg

The capricorn pattern chimera from Blood and Skulls has been painted 3 times in the last 8 years...Im liking this scheme the most:)

gallery_32985_14149_429207.jpeg

Coldfyre you're an absolute madman.

So Knights paint up very very fast. After a day I had the skeletons done, and after another all the weapons.

Then I did all the armor:

Knight Skeletons

Then put it all together and I'm very happy with the final product.

Knight Full

Gotta do some clean up and extra details still. Making my own transfers once the paper gets in. House Olympus will stride out to war very soon!

Tremendous progress... I think next week will be full of completions! :o

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Great progress everyone! You forget to check back for a few days and everyone ups their game! 

Here is Vow #3 complete on my end:

IMG 3344

@Captain Semper: I just realized I vowed a meltagun on the knight and put a stubber instead. On my next vow I have a Gallant that will include a melta, would you mind if I vow it as a stubber and call it even? 

Vow #4 will be coming possibly tomorrow

Edit: 

Realized I forgot to include the Warglaives in the photo so here is everything that's been painted since the beginning of the ETL with the Warglaives in the IFOR force on the right. 

IMG 3346

@coldfyre, I gotta admit I didn't believe you could get that many guardsman into a Russ,but wow. You are incredible. This is detailed. Fantastic.

Haha, thanks!  To be honest, I wasn't sure how feasible it was really going to be, but it's been working out nicely.

Update for tonight:

The Leman Russ interior is Complete!  But you can't see it yet, because I want to finally get real and get this tank finished first:

dEdwNcm.jpg

But as a teaser, here are the 42 shells that are now sitting inside the tank:

I32WfvS.jpg

From left to right, you've got 23x general purpose battle rounds (pretty good anti-tank, decent anti-infantry), 2x illumination, 2x smoke, and 15x high explosive (anti-infantry/building)

FInally, I'm starting work on my Elysians - this is a rough proof-of-concept for the color scheme.  What are your thoughts?  How can I improve it, color-scheme-wise (note that no highlighting/touchups/detail work has been done yet, because I want to nail down the camo scheme first)?

MQV4wRw.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Ok seriously last vow before I move now as promised, one Leman Russ commander, with punisher cannon, heavy bolters sponsons and a lascannon for 223pts:

http://i.imgur.com/E2oYymw.jpg

Got it built today and I'm going to prime it next before I leave to teach classes

Archived