+++Agents of the Imperium Outpost+++

Apocalypse. They had formations in that game so my local GW sold them in ridiculously good bundles to get rid of stock so I got a few of them. Then they came out in plastic.

There's four more on top of that that are painted & two more that I came across that I will probably toss in a later vow just so all will be painted

custodes near done

Waiting for wash to dry, then some quick highlights and gluing capes on for captains, and some edge highlights on the weapons. Will likely finish them up in the AM before work and just in time for my deadline :)

While they don't compare to some other custodes on this forum, this is near my best work (best would be 1 plague marine i spent 4 hours on) and I'm excited to get them on the tabletop tonight. Tomorrow I'll post a new vow of all the stuff I got during a sale, this time with a deadline that doesn't require me to get up early before work. I also learned that when kicked sufficiently, one warden is quite capable of having his axe break into 3 pieces. Hence the dude missing a blade. I also need to look at making a light box. My current lighting availability kind of blows for pics.

custodes wardens

If they're your best work you're winning at the hobby and the ETL, they look good to me too :) The colours work nicely with the gold, I like the axe blue too.

I can do fairly good pictures even with my old potato phone with decent enough lighting so if you can solve that the pictures will be much improved :tu:

Played spoils of war tonight (I think) against 1k worth of Guard and ended up getting tabled, but it took 6 turns and one of my shield captains nearly took down a Chimera solo. I expected to be smoked, but the invuln and the 2+ treated me relatively well, though whenever i rolled more than one 2 up save I rolled at least one one. Still, dice were rolled and plastic was pushed, so I had fun and my opponent did as well. I'll post a new vow tomorrow when I figure out whether or not I'm adding anything to my Custodes haul (~15 guards with the options for a shield captain or two, 3 bikes, and 3 Allarus termies). To possibly add to that, I have some Sisters of Silence from BoP and a gift card to a local FLGS that might see me pick up some Tempestus Scions...unless I develop self control.

I, mooftak, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Agents of the Imperium and vow to complete the following of total value 1807 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end. *edit* Forgot that I'll have 2 commisars (not lord c's) and to note that I have a second start collecting tempestus box ordered. I also checked and I'll have 13 AC units pledged in total so the 10 AM:MT is in keeping with the multiforce pledge rules afaik. Please correct me if I am wrong.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [31 PL, 602pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Millitarum Tempestus

+ HQ +

Tempestor Prime [3 PL, 41pts]: Bolt Pistol

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [3 PL, 62pts]
. 2x Scion: 2x Hot-shot Lasgun
. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Hot-shot Volley Gun
. Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

+ Elites +

Commissar [2 PL, 24pts]: Grand Strategist, Plasma pistol, Power sword, The Deathmask of Ollanius, Warlord

Commissar [2 PL, 24pts]: Plasma pistol, Power sword

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [3 PL, 67pts]
. Tempestus Scion: Hot-shot Volley Gun
. Tempestus Scion: Hot-shot Volley Gun
. Tempestus Scion w/ Medi-pack: Hot-shot Laspistol, Medi-pack
. Tempestus Scion w/ Vox-caster: Hot-shot Laspistol, Vox-caster

+ Dedicated Transport +

Taurox Prime [6 PL, 126pts]: Storm Bolter, Taurox Gatling Cannon, Two Autocannons

Taurox Prime [6 PL, 134pts]: Storm Bolter, Taurox Battle Cannon, Two Autocannons

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [59 PL, 1205pts] ++

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain [7 PL, 134pts]: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad [8 PL, 174pts]
. Custodian: Guardian Spear, Misericordia
. Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield

+ Elites +

Allarus Custodians [13 PL, 264pts]
. Allarus Custodian: Castellan Axe, Misericordia

+ Fast Attack +

Vertus Praetors [15 PL, 285pts]
. Vertus Praetor: Salvo Launcher
. Vertus Praetor: Hurricane Bolter
. Vertus Praetor: Hurricane Bolter

++ Total: [90 PL, 1807pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

vow2

Your Custodes look great mooftak :tu: I'm eager to get my Wardens done after seeing yours, I think the robe things they have made them stand out and give some much needed variation on the gold :) Good luck with your newest vow!

@ mooftak: I understand that you declared your first vow complete? Can't be sure - you do not explicitly say it. I assume this is the case since you proceeded to make a second vow...

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yes, my first vow is complete. I'll be more explicit next time :)

@ mooftak: I understand that you declared your first vow complete? Can't be sure - you do not explicitly say it. I assume this is the case since you proceeded to make a second vow...

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Of note...I realized that the Renegade set won't be in production forever and that my buddy who I just got into 40k loves knights. So...I bought Renegade and will be splitting it with him and now I'm feeling the urge to sprint through my 2nd vow so I can vow a knight of some sort. Also grateful that vows can be assembled and primed since I'll probably be having an "assembly date" with my bro in the near future to build the knights and decide on our armaments. Let's go Agents!

Renegade is a great deal and definitely won't be around forever so a good move. The Knight kits are fantastic and real centre pieces, they really put the cherry on your ETL as well as your collection :) Looking forward to seeing yours moof :tu:

Yeah, just keep in mind that we re in the middle point of the event! :wink:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yeah, I don't want to vow it if I can't finish it. Leadbelcher spray makes the priming/base coating of the "bone structure" much quicker, but the armor and weapons will be my concern. All depends on how my early July goes work wise. And weather wise. Too humid to spray today, so it'll be playing and / or assembling. How are my fellow agents doing?

All progress counts towards the end result though :thumbsup: Speaking of which, my Inquisition model is done:

gallery_30308_14554_67859.jpg

It's not the end of my Inquisitorial painting though, as next is the Stormtroopers that while Guard in rules are Inquisition in nature :wink:

Archived