+++Agents of the Imperium Outpost+++

Anyone else been on a mad assembling and priming jaunt the last few weeks? Doesn't help that a local escalation league kicks off next Saturday and I don't have anything painted for it (they are assembled and primed, hence the additional scramble i've been having). I'm just gonna take Tuesday off of work because 1) I made a commitment on the internet, and 2) this is less stressful than work. Good luck in the home stretch everyone!

I've been on a mad painting jaunt the last few weeks to be sure! Like you I seem to put great stock in a commitment made on the internet to a load of people I don't know and will most likely never meet :tongue.:

In a seriousness I've vowed to do something and I will complete. Captain Semper puts in too much effort on the ETL for anything less :wink: Final stretch now peeps - even if you can't finish you can at least have a good go at it so you know you did your best, and in the end that's all anyone can ask :thumbsup:

I've been on a mad painting jaunt the last few weeks to be sure! Like you I seem to put great stock in a commitment made on the internet to a load of people I don't know and will most likely never meet :tongue.:

In a seriousness I've vowed to do something and I will complete. Captain Semper puts in too much effort on the ETL for anything less :wink: Final stretch now peeps - even if you can't finish you can at least have a good go at it so you know you did your best, and in the end that's all anyone can ask :thumbsup:

You're right, the effort put in to run this is definitely worthy of respect. For the Emperor! And for Semper!

You're right, the effort put in to run this is definitely worthy of respect. For the Emperor! And for Semper!

Well, thank you very much! :blush.:  

I sure hope one way or another the ETL will motivate you to turn grey plastic into colourful plastic! :lol

Clock is ticking! ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I am on target! Just got to paint the bases then glue the models onto them :D Then the long awaited family photo :tu:

med_gallery_27469_14575_920822.jpg

I've had these Custodes since release, and all the effort will be worth it in the end when I have a brand new army table top ready - so the ETL is working as intended ;)

And unfortunately I have to bow out and ready my signature of shame. Turns out what I thought was the last of my Retributor primer was well past the last of my retributor primer and my stormc...I mean custodes will need some rework before I can paint them. Unfortunately that means freezing and snapping them off the bases I made since I don't want those to be gold. Also unfortunate, the only shop in town with more retributor spray is the warhammer store which is closed on Mon and Tuesdays. I blame meetings I can't miss on Wed AM and my lack of attention when gluing what I thought were adequately primed custodes to the bases last night. As penance, I will paint Cypher and some Fallen by the end of the year, to symbolize my betrayal of oaths made. (And it gives me a reason to get those models done :) )

To the rest of you, I still believe in you! For Luther! I mean, for Semper!

Well, some say the Oathbreaker Banner is actually better looking than the Custos Fidei! :p

Are you sure you have no chance of making it? You know it’s not over until it’s over... but, be that as it may, I’ll look forward for your Cypher! :lol:

Vow Complete! :biggrin.: More pictures in my WIP thread if anyone wants to see them :thumbsup:

Original Vow:

I Arkaniss rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Agents Of The Imperium and vow to complete:

1 Captain-General Trajann Valoris

1 Shield Captain in Allarus Terminator Armour w/Axe & Misericordia

3 Custodian Guard Squad w/Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield & 2x Guardian Spear, 3x Misericordia

3 Custodian Guard Squad w/Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield & 2x Guardian Spear, 3x Misericordia

4 Custodian Guard Squad w/2x Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield & 2x Guardian Spear, 4x Misericordia

5 Allarus Custodians w/5x Castellan Axe, 5x Misericordia

5 Custodian Wardens w/5x Castellan Axe, 5x Misericordia

3 Vertus Praetors w/2x Salvo Launcher, Hurricane Bolter, 3x Misericordia

for a total value of 2073 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory, failure is not an option.

med_gallery_27469_14575_30108.jpg

med_gallery_27469_14575_172494.jpg

Many thanks to the good Captain Semper as always for the tightly run ship that is the ETL - I have a load of new models once more! Also thanks to all who participated, helping encourage and motivate everyone else during the 3 months. We all know how challenging an ETL can be fitting it between jobs and such - I know that it certainly helped me :yes:

Well, unless I get excused from work today, that's an incomplete from me then. :ermm:

So I assume we have until midnight whatever local time tomorrow? :wink:

If so I'll be done, if not, let's not even think about that!

You have until 1700 gmt. If you're US central, that's noon.

Oh dear, you're not looking so good TheBlackPumpkin. Are you feeling ok? Maybe you're coming down with something. Perhaps you had better go home :tongue.:

But in all seriousness the ETL is a bit of fun to motivate us to work on our backlogs of grey models. I know some people take it far too seriously but it really isn't the end of the world if you don't finish your vow on time. As long as you get your models done eventually and are happy with them :thumbsup:

gallery_29397_12129_1751339.jpg

Hey there still time for this? If so vow complete.

Full disclosure I had a mishap setting up this shot, models fell down & a couple of armigers are missing exhausts and a Eversor an arm plus maybe some other parts I may have missed. Also one of my =][= has a combi-melta instead of a meltagun but I think that's 2 points difference if that matters.

Can't have the law-keepers break an oath, so I started painting yesterday :whistling: .

It turns out I had not only underestimated the effort needed for this completion (should probably have started with vowing just a squad or so), but also overestimated how much of my painting skills remained :biggrin.:.

But considering that I finally started an army the miniatures for which I had begun to collect a decade or more ago, and considering I hadn't picked up a brush in almost as long, I'm still very happy with participating and the result. Thanks to Captain Semper for providing the opportunity!

gallery_14447_14539_334639.jpg

List:

Inquisitor Coteaz

Inquisitor with power sword and hot-shot lasgun*

Callidus Assassin

6 Acolytes (2 plasma pistols, 1 flamer, 3 power swords)

5 Crusaders

3 Arco-Flagellants

6 Tempestus Scions (bolt pistol, 3 hot shot lasguns*, grenade launcher, plasma gun)

Taurox Prime (Taurox missile launcher, heavy stubber, hot-shot volley guns**)

* counts as shotgun with Executioner rounds

** counts as the Scions shooting from the platform

Although I had to cut some corners due to time or lack of certain colors (mostly just drybrushed before adding gold for details and brown for pouches and mantles), I was able to add some details like the text on the books and parchments.

You might also notice some red splotches on the table which came from a little accident trying to get paint out of the tube. If any went on the miniatures, I'll just pretend it's the blood of some miscreant or heretic.

OK GUYS - A FANTASTIC EFFORT IN THE LAST HOURS OF THE EVENT!

I'm sorry that mooftak has bowed out as this will affect his first vow too, but the event is not over yet! We may still be positively surprised! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived