+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I, Filkarion, bearer of the Badge of the Hero for the last ETL for the glory of the Dark Gods, I.... am sorry:unsure.: 

Thanks to 2016 ETL my Chaos backlog, while still present, is exceptionally thin and I can bear to the table a full painted army most of the times

My Tyranids on the other hand....

So I will bear forth the Will of the Hive Mind for this year

From the start I can already see Chaos will win as usual, because you are all great people and have muliple mutation like extra hands, arms, brushes, plus always handy tentacles:wink:

At last I'm not a loyalist:teehee:

Aaaaand finished the first Foetid Bloat Drone!

J6l6OKt.jpg

Z0oJ4Xz.jpg

Hey, it's Labour Day. I laboured. Now I'm off to a rally. Cheerio!

Reply:

@ rodofish:7591: thank you buddy! Some dremel and knife work will make any sword into a plague sword, easily!

The forum codes a bit squiffy at the moment, the likes are registering it just doesn't display until you refresh the page.

Dragonlover

I'm also having issues opening spoiler tags. Which is kind of irksome :lol:

I, Celtic_Cauldron aka Lord Captain Arius Draken, Executor of Gilgamesh, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Night Lords and the Chaos Space Marines forum and vow to complete the units listed below of total value 577 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Vow 1:

Squad Sturla, 15th Claw.

5 Havocs with 4 Autocanons including an Aspiring Champion with a chainaxe and a plasma pistol.
Cost: 133 points

escoua11.jpg

Squad Aelius:

10 Havocs with four flame-throwers and an Aspiring Champion using a power fist.
Cost: 178 points

escoua10.jpg

Squad Thorir, 9th Claw

10 Havocs with 4 plasma guns and an Aspiring Champion using a power fist. They are also embarked on Noctis Aeternae, a venerable RTB04 Rhino APC with combi-bolters.

Cost: 266 points

escoua12.jpg

Ave Dominus Nox!!

Celtic_Cauldron

I forgot to pack my sodding paint while I was at work! I'll just have to pray that between me, my wife and our flatmate we've got the colours I need.

Dragonlover

Edit: The wife had the first two paints I need thank god, I can grab the third one while I'm in town tomorrow.

Guys it's too quiet here. If we're going to want to win, we need more people joining. Our Daemonic and Lost&Damned brethern's forum's have NO participants (which is actuall a good thing, as there'll be less inter-subforum rivalry and more team spirit here) and we have just 14 participants in the first two days. We're on par with the newly formed Xenos forum, who have 16 and the IFOR weakings aren't a real thread with just 9 in total (most of their subforums have only a single participant, so it looks as if, if you're going for a forum champion badge, go vow for IFOR and paint a single miniature), but those aren't the threats here. While the HH has 16 participants, I'm sure there will be more. And the biggest threat are the Space marines, who alone already have 24, and with their Green (15), Red (11), and Grey (7) brethren, make their participation level already at a very respectable 57!  Yes, the cards are thoroughly stacked against us this year with all Space Marines in the same faction! Not sure how that's even close to balanced, as the Dark Angels and Space Marines forums are traditionally our biggest rivals on their own and have even each won an ETL, but we have to deal with it.

This means vow higher vows to up our average vow levels and most importantly, we need to get our participation levels up: let's scour the previous ETL and invite our biggest participants. Also, we need Steve Shields. I'm going to contact him. :thumbsup:

I MaliGn, faithful servant of Lorgar and Bearer of His Word rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Heretic Astartes of the XVIIth Legion and the Chase Space Marine Forum and vow to complete 1 Carrion Pattern Hellforged Predator with plasma destroyer and lascannons sponsons of total points value of 212 points ere August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me, the Word Bearers and Lorgar eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Edit: required before photo: gallery_62155_11151_422382.jpg

I will add more photos in my painting log.

Welcome aboard MaliGn!

@Augustus: Slightly early days to start panicking too much, although it does feel a lot quieter. I know we've lost a couple of folks to other forums which doesn't help. I'll have a think today, yesterday my triple whammy of tiredness, work and unexpected elevation to modhood meant I didn't really have time to properly look into it.

Dragonlover

I, TheDevourer, have returned to serve the chaos gods once more!

I rise to the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete the following units for the Chaos Space Marine Forum:

10 Plaguebearers                                95 points        
Instrument of Chaos
Daemonic Icon

3 Plague Drones                                102 points

3 Obliterators                                      195 points

10 Chaos Space Marines                   157 points
2 Flamers
Icon of Vengeance
Aspiring Champion with Power Sword

For a grand total of 549 points.

As an additional motivation/punishment for failing the chaos gods the last time I participated in the ETL:
I, TheDevourer, vow to purchase and paint a unit of Dark Angels (Elmo's choice) should i fail to complete my vows this ETL.

In addition, I solemnly swear that I will refrain from making any chaos references about the Dark Angels chapter around

Elmo's person in the future.

Apparently I will be painting up a ravenwing force of 6 bikes, an attack bike and a land speeder should I fail this vow!

Will be keeping the opening vow smallish for now as I will be unable to paint due some short notice business trips which will likely occour in sometime this/next month. But still have a starter box of deathguard and some other bits and pieces left to vow alongside a list concept for chaos daemons that I would like to paint up. Also am not sure what else I have, but will start planning possible additional vows and post the required pics when I get back from Thailand this weekend!

Rest easy, Augustus. Soon the vows will flow like blood from opened veins, etherial winds from a warp rift, rotting bile from ruptured pustules, and, well, an equally visceral flowing fluid for She Who Thirsts.

This, of course, includes my own vow later today or tomorrow, once all the pieces are in place.

Further hypothesis: people are waiting for the weekend. For starters, the weather here in Blighty can't make it's bloody mind up, it was glorious yesterday and today it's chucking it down. At least the weekend gives a nice chunk of time to set up spraying indoors if needed.

I will prod StD though, he's conspicuously absent.

Dragonlover

Well I'm waiting on a few last bits and bobs before I get started and knocking out a tester in the meantime, though I'm a bit limited points wise this year compared to previous...but I will get my first vow in before the deadline!

Well well well...I'll start out light.

I Excessus exit the shadows and rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the below units of total value 608 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end!

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour (132)

Combi-plasma and power fist

Helbrute (147)

Twin lascannons, missile launcher

Helbrute (129)

Twin heavy bolter, helbrute fist, heavy flamer

5x Havocs (115)

2x heavy bolter

5x Havocs (85)

2x Missile launcher

More to come...

Archived