+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

Thanks Augustus, let's get this done! Also, frater, remember you can vow a single squd and join the fun. It doesn't have to be big, everything counts towards the total! :D

If I max out everything I have in gray plastic, it'll come out to about 2K, but I'm vowing small doses because I've never been a fast painter.

Haha, same here! I have a closet full of sprues...but I paint extremely slow! :P

Just to prove I'm putting my money where my mouth is, I've managed to start putting layers down on the first squad in my vow. Behold!

gallery_69371_13826_51806.jpeg

I was hoping to get a lot more done, but the light quality is rubbish round here at the minute so I'm not sure how the days painting will continue.

Dragonlover

This means vow higher vows to up our average vow levels and most importantly, we need to get our participation levels up: let's scour the previous ETL and invite our biggest participants. Also, we need Steve Shields. I'm going to contact him.

I'm strapped for cash (damn this saving for a car :lol:), so I can't contribute much in the way of new stuff. If I wasn't? I would have had a lot more than my near 1k vow.

I, Civsmitty, rise to the challenge of the E Tenebrae Lux and pledge my loyalty to the forces of Chaos and the XX Legion. I vow to complete the follow units on or before 1 August, 2018 for a total of 490 points:

1 Chaos Lord (jump pack, 2x p!asma pistols)

1 Exalted Champion (power sword, plasma pistol)

1 Chaos Sorcerer (Terminator armor, lightning claw, force axe)

1 Helbrute (Twin lascannon, fist, combi bolter)

med_gallery_40963_11999_569238.jpeg

med_gallery_40963_11999_1754534.jpeg

med_gallery_40963_11999_557685.jpeg

med_gallery_40963_11999_362144.jpeg

As an additional motivation/punishment for failing the chaos gods the last time I participated in the ETL:

I, TheDevourer, vow to purchase and paint a unit of Dark Angels (Elmo's choice) should i fail to complete my vows this ETL.

In addition, I solemnly swear that I will refrain from making any chaos references about the Dark Angels chapter around

Elmo's person in the future.

Apparently I will be painting up a ravenwing force of 6 bikes, an attack bike and a land speeder should I fail this vow!

Don't take this the wrong way but.... paint slowly  -  I could really do with some more Ravenwing  ;)

I [Tallarn Commander] rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of [the Chaos Space Marines] and vow to complete [3 squads of World Eaters Bezerkers and one World Eaters Chaos Lord] of total value [512 points] on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

-BloodTongue, 8 Bezerkers, Icon of Wrath, 7 chainaxes, plasma pistol, power axe=157
-BloodBliss, 8 Bezerkers, Icon of Wrath, 7 chainaxes, plasma pistol, pair of lightning claws=164
-BloodFlowers, 5 Bezerkers, Icon of Wrath, 4 chainaxes, plasma pistol, power sword=156
-Chaos Lord Constantine, powerfist, Collar of Borenghast=86
Total=512 points

BloodTongue

med_gallery_88062_14499_90727.jpg

BloodBliss

med_gallery_88062_14499_211079.jpg

BloodFlowers

med_gallery_88062_14499_205771.jpg

World Eaters Chaos Lord Constantine

gallery_88062_14499_96016.jpg

Hello fellow Chaosites,

I dropped the ball for Chaos during the last ETL (sorry but life happened when I became unemployed and decided to move across the country). Now that I'm gainfully employed and happily re-rooted it's time to make amends.

In August I'm bringing a 2000-point Khorne World Eaters army to a large 2-day tournament in Vancouver, Washington in the US. I'm part of a 4-player team and each of us is bringing 1 of the 4 Chaos Gods' factions! Our team name is, appropriately, the Infil-traitors. It is fortuitous that the ETL has come along just when I need to paint up a bunch of Khorne infantry and vehicle models for the tournament!

I'll start off with the Bezerker pledge above and then I'll add additional Blood Slaughterers, Rhino, Bloodletters, etc. in subsequent vows.

Blood for the Blood God!

I see some increased interest in the Chaos Outpost - with some veterans and heavy names of team Chaos! Best of luck - you're still going to need more participants to have a fair chance to come on top! :yes:

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Just been chatting to Chaeron, he's taking inventory and working out his vow.

I'm currently waiting for night to kick in so I can turn on the lights and get the second layer down on these guys armour. While I'm doing that, I'm trying to work out what colour to do the bolter casings. Might just go with black.

Dragonlover

Did the same thing in a convo to Steve Shield. Basically I PM'd him this: 

giphy.gif

Also WELCOME sivsmitty and Tallarn Commander, and great work Dragonlover, Excessus, and Baldhere. And Gederas: your vow is most welcome! Do what you can - no more, no less :)

Hundreds upon hundreds of them marched in a slow procession, bound to those in front, behind, and beside them in heavy chains. The battalion of human slaves pulled on one another, meekly united in joint purpose as they pulled themselves and their cargo: a collection of T'au gunships reclaimed from the sun-drenched sands of the latest conquest of the Wayward Sons. Though their task was aided by retrofitting barges with salvaged T'au anti-gravitic tech, their drudging steps carried endless weight nonetheless, as their ultimate fate waited in the heart of Hell-Forge before them.

Lord Azeban, regaled in full battle plate near identical to his bodyguard cadre, addressed the Heretek shrouded in dark-dyed robes and a mass of semi-sentient mechatendrils.

"Here is my offering, Aboninae. To what do you give us in return?"

The shrouded, hunched machine-man said non words, made no sound, and moved no part of what would be considered it's 'body.' Instead, one of the many holo-lenses serving as sensory input reversed its lens and projected an image outward, detailing the full list of compensation for the former Legionnaire's 'donation.'

Lord Azeban appraised the list with caution, finally giving a near imperceptible nod. 

"Acceptable."

But quietly, to himself, behind the the mask of his ancient battle helm, he was smiling, just as he was sure his battle brothers were behind theirs.

Right then, now that I have that happy bit of fluff out of the way, let's get official:

I, Scourged, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Heretic Astartes warband and Dark Mechanicus and vow to complete two squads of Cultists, a squad of Obliterators, and a Forgefiend of total value 472 points on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Units are as follows:

Cult-slaves of the Omniscient Cog-Maw

Cultists with autoguns, 40 points

rSnVG8Bl.jpg?1

Forge-thralls of the Omniscient Cog-Maw

u58RG57l.jpg?1

The Hosts of Technoblight

Obliterators, 195 points

ZAypapSl.jpg?1

Thrice-Maw, Prophet of Hellfire

Forgefiend with three Ectoplasma cannons, 197 points

L3xW8JRl.jpg?1

So yeah, a bit smaller vow in terms of point. But that Fiend is fully magnetized, so there's a fair deal of extra painting. And all those Cultists, well... details galore, as we all know. Best to keep it smaller and achieve completion, after all. Should these go well, I have some Alphas in reserve ready for some primer and set for a second vow. 

Let the games begin.

@Sagentus: Thanks! Eh, only WIP pic I have is pre-greenstuff, and it's in the Harrowing thread. The recipe isn't too bad: the bodies are Blightlord Terminators with as much of the Nurgle stuff shaved off or filled in, the heads are spare Helbrute faces, and the arms and shoulders were leftover Cataphractii bits. After that, just grab as many guns as you want, chop the claws of off one fist, cut to fit, then greenstuff away. Oh, and the "smokestacks" are just some plasticard tubing. When I think of it, I'll do some side-by-sides with other models to show off the scale a bit, if you like.

Another soul around the forum has intentions of doing the same with Deathshroud bodies (which are even beefier), so be on the look out for that project.

@Dragonlover: Of all things, they're from Skaven Stormvermin. Chop off the torsos and tails, trim the toes down, and they can pass for what they are. In truth, they're a bit of a compromise. First, the legs I actually wanted were those for Grave Guard, but... eh, couldn't find any cheap enough (meaning, none outside of buying the whole kit). Second, they were originally intended for the robed Skitarii, whose legs would then have gone to the Forge-thralls... but they didn't fit beneath the robes, which I kind of expected anyway. Still, I'm happy with them.

And Gederas: your vow is most welcome! Do what you can - no more, no less :)

Yeah. My vow is currently stuck in the Warp until likely Friday. My FLGS is getting a shipment soon, which includes primer. Because my Local GW is ALSO out of primer :lol:

These guys look totally Skitarii to me. Am I missing something?

If not, I sure hope you Chaos-fy them enough via painting (or additional modelling).

These guys look totally Skitarii to me. Am I missing something?

If not, I sure hope you Chaos-fy them enough via painting (or additional modelling).

That is the plan, yes, through painting them, and just using them as count-as. If they're too on the nose, though, I can go ahead and drop them.

Archived