+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

I MaliGn, faithful servant of Lorgar and Bearer of His Word rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Heretic Astartes of the XVIIth Legion and the Chase Space Marine Forum and vow to complete 1 Carrion Pattern Hellforged Predator with plasma destroyer and lascannons sponsons of total points value of 212 points ere August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me, the Word Bearers and Lorgar eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Edit: required before photo: gallery_62155_11151_422382.jpg

I will add more photos in my painting log.

That’s fantastic!

I’m stealing that turret conversion idea when I get back to Chaos. Oh yes.

Thanks Kierdale, feel free to nick the idea, I actually used the outside part of both ectoplasma cannons to make it work, and had to raise the turret mounting plate to give it enough clearance to rotate.

@Scourged:

Nah, if the finished job conveys the Chaos feel, it’ll be fine. :)

But if you just make them standard skitarii then it’ll be unfair to earn points for Chaos - they could be out-of-competition...

Been for a bit of a snoop, as predicted the Marine conglomerate and the Heresy guys are the ones to watch for, although one madman down in the Tau forum has vowed a Manta, so that should be fun to watch.

Dragonlover

I, oldschoolsoviet, hereby return for the ETL and pledge the Carniborous, Khorne-aligned Traitor Questorius from Index:Chaos to the tune of 1809pts to be completed by the 1st Aug, or hereby bear the badge of Oathbreaker to the year's end.

http://i.imgur.com/VBJ8dtm.jpg

As they stand (and subsequently fell shortly after :( ).

http://i.imgur.com/6GRMb0o.jpg

The 'bits' to be utilised.

And not having kept up with rules at all, I think I've tallyed correctly, but if someone can double-check the points:

From left to right,

Traitor Knight with Thermal Cannon, Thunderstrike Fist, no carapace:406

Traitor Knight with 2xReaper Chainsword, Spearstrike Missiles (Ursus pod), Meltagun:412

Traitor Knight with 2xRapid Battlecannon, Icarus Array:545

Knight Arimger x2, houseruled by Semper, 223 pts each:446

Edit: Lol, perfect timing !

VOW 1 COMPLETE:

http://i.imgur.com/Mi2gZLP.jpg

Heh, the leftmost knight fell, obliterating the Armiger in front, and a frantic struggle to find the bits scattered everywhere. By the time I sorted that (and reglued some barrels, sigh) it was too late to actually vow last night. The extra bits pic is just to prove I don't have some fully painted armour and weapons to chuck on the knights.

What's the exact problem? If it's saying the file size is too big, send the pic to someone through your messenger app of choice and then save it from there, that tends to compress it enough.

Dragonlover

Dude, MaliGn,

I MaliGn, faithful servant of Lorgar and Bearer of His Word rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Heretic Astartes of the XVIIth Legion and the Chase Space Marine Forum and vow to complete 1 Carrion Pattern Hellforged Predator with plasma destroyer and lascannons sponsons of total points value of 212 points ere August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me, the Word Bearers and Lorgar eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Hidden Content

What a brilliant conversion this is. It's the first time I've seen a rhino chassis broadened that way - it makes the tank look absolutely brutal! Well done on all the plasticard and greenstuff work on the entire thing, BTW. Those maulerfiend-hoof headlights are inspired!

Also: welcome oldschoolsoviet and Teetengee! Glad to see you back on the right side of wrong!!!

That’s fantastic!

I'm in agreement with Kierdale. Once I have more disposable income (damn this car), I'm going to get a Chaos Predator for this exact conversion. This idea was brilliant, I'm upset I didn't think of it myself :lol:

Thanks Kierdale, feel free to nick the idea, I actually used the outside part of both ectoplasma cannons to make it work, and had to raise the turret mounting plate to give it enough clearance to rotate.

Would, uhh..., would it be too much of a hassle for you to post a close-up of that modification? :lol: Also what do you mean the outside part of both cannons? Do you mean the one without the hole for mounting the cannon to the Forgefiend?

Also:

Is this a Fantasy super-rat? If so, you need to make sure it’s comprehensively 40k-fied in order to remain within B&C rules.

Looks awesome though... :D

Captain, I must ask: How does one "40k-ify" a Daemon outside of sticking dead 40k things on the base? Their designs are supposed to be setting-neutral because you can use both in 40k and AoS :lol:

Not being a jerk or pedantic for the sake of it, I'm just honestly curious how that even works :lol:

Hidden Content

Edit: required before photo:

Hidden Content
gallery_62155_11151_422382.jpg

That’s fantastic!

I'm in agreement with Kierdale. Once I have more disposable income (damn this car), I'm going to get a Chaos Predator for this exact conversion. This idea was brilliant, I'm upset I didn't think of it myself :laugh.:

Would, uhh..., would it be too much of a hassle for you to post a close-up of that modification? :laugh.: Also what do you mean the outside part of both cannons? Do you mean the one without the hole for mounting the cannon to the Forgefiend?

Yes, that's what he means. :smile.: His blog has a lot of extra pictures. Go check it out, as it looks fantastic.

That’s fantastic!

I'm in agreement with Kierdale. Once I have more disposable income (damn this car), I'm going to get a Chaos Predator for this exact conversion. This idea was brilliant, I'm upset I didn't think of it myself :lol:

Would, uhh..., would it be too much of a hassle for you to post a close-up of that modification? :lol: Also what do you mean the outside part of both cannons? Do you mean the one without the hole for mounting the cannon to the Forgefiend?

Also:

Is this a Fantasy super-rat? If so, you need to make sure it’s comprehensively 40k-fied in order to remain within B&C rules.

Looks awesome though... :D

Captain, I must ask: How does one "40k-ify" a Daemon outside of sticking dead 40k things on the base? Their designs are supposed to be setting-neutral because you can use both in 40k and AoS :lol:

Not being a jerk or pedantic for the sake of it, I'm just honestly curious how that even works :lol:

Daemons of the 4 gods are indeed setting neutral and are totally acceptable in these boards. Skaven super daemons however are not setting neutral - they are Fantasy miniatures and therefore by default not B&C appropriate.

That has nothing to do with the ETL, that’s B&C main rules. If it is not 40k (or converted to fit in 40k) then there is a problem. I’m sure though that Teetengee, a veteran that he is, will find a way to do it! Maybe though Tzeentzian coloration or the addition of wings, or painted symbols - or indeed dead marines in the base as you suggested.

Edit: no that I saw it more clearly, I can see some wings attached there... I’m sure Teetengee will walk us though! :)

There will be much tzeentchian coloration. Also, the addition of chaos manticore wings certainly pushes it more towards chaos demons.

I'll be sure to lace it in tzeentchian runes though, to be sure that there's no question of who is served.

There will be much tzeentchian coloration. Also, the addition of chaos manticore wings certainly pushes it more towards chaos demons.

I'll be sure to lace it in tzeentchian runes though, to be sure that there's no question of who is served.

There you go. Everybody’s happy. Who said that all Tzeentch Daemons should be avian anyway! :D

Good luck Teetengee, I will update this later today. :)

med_gallery_40963_11999_528694.jpeg

WIP group shot

Awesome blue and AWESOME fire/smoke effect!

To give context to you guys, my vow is going to be my outstanding Heresy era army. And the thing slowing me down? Considering how to convert the second Sergeant into a Malignant Plaguecaster while also being able to count as a Sergeant and what to do with the Vexellia Bearers.

Right now, including unassembled models... the current vow is 1541 points. But I want the entire army vowed damn it.

Vexillas are easy, just do them as Icons of (Insert thing here). Sergeant to Malignant Plaguecaster is a bit trickier... maybe a glowing mace?

Dragonlover

I was more thinking one handed Scythe with plenty of liquid oozing off of it.

(Death Guard and all that.)

But hmmm... if I go for that... that should get me damn close to 1500 points. A personal record. Even if it does ruin the "four squads of 7 Plague Marines" theme a bit.

Archived