+++Chaos Space Marines Outpost+++

New recruits for Chaos- cool! Good luck to both! :smile.:

I, SystemSyn, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Emperor's Children and the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the units listed here, with a total value of 809 points before August 1st, 2018.

Vow 1 –
1.Sorcerer on Terminator armour, Mark of Slaanesh, Force Stave, Power Axe – 133 points.
2.Daemon Prince with Wing’s – Malefic Talon, Mark of Slaanesh – 180 points.
3.5 Chaos Terminators, Power Sword, 4 Power Fists, 5 Combi-Plasma’s, Mark of Slaanesh – 282 points.
4.Chaos Decimator – Decimator Siege Claw with Hellflamer, C-beam Cannon – 214 points.

K3HvZHw.jpg

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

OK, the Decimator model is a more elaborate (and bulky) business than the Ironstrider which also needs to be Chaos-ified - I assume we'll be seeing some conversions here... ;)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, RolandTHTG, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux on the side of the Emperor's Children and the Chaos Space Marines and vow to complete the units listed here with a total value of 273 points before August 1st, 2018.

1. Exalted champion of Slaanesh, bolt pistol and power axe, 75 points

2. 6 individual chaos spawn of Slaanesh, 198 points.

gallery_21521_14538_1484774.jpg

I'm not vowing the steed of Slaanesh or the worm at this time.

gallery_21521_14538_140247.jpg

Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker as a mark of shame until the year-end.

Still greenstuffing, Ill actually open a pot of paint today, maybe.

Hey Augs+Slave, are we doing soul vows this year?

Im sure they were mentioned but I aint sure.

Good Captain, I have an inquiry.

For my next vow, I'll be having a squad of Autocannon havocs. Now, my friend donated two Mark III autocannon marines (converted from the Burning of Prospero Heavy Bolters), and the weapons themselves are somewhat painted, but not the rest of the Marine. Do I have to strip the model's gun, or can I vow the squad with two guys primed, but weapons started on paint?

I'll be repainting the weapons ANYWAY, just wondering if I need to Simple Green them before I take the before picture.

For my next vow, I'll be having a squad of Autocannon havocs. Now, my friend donated two Mark III autocannon marines (converted from the Burning of Prospero Heavy Bolters), and the weapons themselves are somewhat painted, but not the rest of the Marine. Do I have to strip the model's gun, or can I vow the squad with two guys primed, but weapons started on paint?

I'll be repainting the weapons ANYWAY, just wondering if I need to Simple Green them before I take the before picture.

If you're painting over, I doubt semper cares.

If you're painting over, I doubt semper cares.
True, I was just checking is all :lol:

Now I need to figure out how to Slaanesh-ify the Iron Hands' colour scheme....

Howdy, awesome! It's that time of year again! I will definitely try to contribute. Will need a few days to sort out what to do though.

@ IP: Not sure if somebody pointed it out already, but the soulburner petard is now 60 points. Or do we ignore Chapter approved for the points values for ETL and go with the points printed in the actual book?

As long as you repaint, that's the deciding factor. If you strip first or paint over, it's a matter of personal preference. Go crazy. :lol:

Now we're entering the last 24 hours before the First Weekly Update (out Wednesday). Let's see some more joining up until then!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ IP: Not sure if somebody pointed it out already, but the soulburner petard is now 60 points. Or do we ignore Chapter approved for the points values for ETL and go with the points printed in the actual book?

Use the most recent publication, so chapter approved in this case.

Dragonlover

Nope, just yourself.  Only really use Chapter approve for the mission since it release.

So the Soulburner pistol & Axe on the hellwright, page 121.  Is my Siege Dreadnought effected by any pts change as well.

As long as you repaint, that's the deciding factor. If you strip first or paint over, it's a matter of personal preference. Go crazy. :lol:
Ahh, okay. That's good then :lol:

Another question, since it was brought up with Teetengee's Keeper of Secrets:

My Gigantic Chaos Spawn is built off of the Hell Pit abomination (the start of the conversion can be seen in my Emperor's Children thread). Now, I understand that model will be good enough to not cause issues for the purposes of B&C. My question is I'm planning on ANOTHER Sorcerer conversion, using the Mistweaver Saih model.

The issue is, like the Daemons, the model looks to me like it's pretty setting agnostic, only thing I'd really need to do is slap a holstered pistol on it, possibly add some cables running from the back of her head to something on her back. Or is that not enough? I ask because I'm planning on the next vow being two sorcerers and the Havocs.

As to why it's that model in particular: I had an idea for character that is supposed to be a mortal follower of the Emperor's Children, a psyker who was with them since the Heresy. When I saw that model I thought "this is PERFECT for this character". I will be Slaanesh-ing the model up, I'm just worried there's not really much I can do regarding that model to make it 40k. (then again, that model looks as 40k as Yvraine and the Yncarne :lol:)

Vow 1

• Chaos hellwright (​Soulburner pistol) on Dark Abeyant, infernal axe, mechhatendrils, voidcutter, flamer.  Dark Abeyant w/warplance 178 ​187
  • Decimator, claw w/heavy hellflamer, soulburner petrard 167 ​197
  • Decimator, claw w/heavy hellflamer, soulburner petrard 167 197
  • 5 Havocs with 4 Lascannon 165
  • 3 Obliterators 195
  • Siege Dreadnought, soulburner ribaudkin, siege claw, 2 hellflamer, melta 351
  • Dreado Dreadnought, butcher cannon, twin heavy bolter, great havoc launcher 253 ​233
  • 10 Cultist 40 
  • 10 Cultist 40
  • 10 Cultist 40

*Mark list this: ​Where I've seen the points change in Chapter approve.

Total - 1645 points

​Once again if there any mistake in the points let me know.

​Captain Semper - Just letting you see this before I edit my post, originally post here/not edit yet

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346733-chaos-space-marines-outpost/?p=5068717

My Gigantic Chaos Spawn is built off of the Hell Pit abomination (the start of the conversion can be seen in my Emperor's Children thread). Now, I understand that model will be good enough to not cause issues for the purposes of B&C. My question is I'm planning on ANOTHER Sorcerer conversion, using the Mistweaver Saih model.

The issue is, like the Daemons, the model looks to me like it's pretty setting agnostic, only thing I'd really need to do is slap a holstered pistol on it, possibly add some cables running from the back of her head to something on her back. Or is that not enough? I ask because I'm planning on the next vow being two sorcerers and the Havocs.

As to why it's that model in particular: I had an idea for character that is supposed to be a mortal follower of the Emperor's Children, a psyker who was with them since the Heresy. When I saw that model I thought "this is PERFECT for this character". I will be Slaanesh-ing the model up, I'm just worried there's not really much I can do regarding that model to make it 40k. (then again, that model looks as 40k as Yvraine and the Yncarne :lol:)

Yes, that’s a good approach. Anything that could link it to 40k, conversion-wise, is welcome. It doesn’t have to be much, just something that can pass as a grimdark reference. Also, keep in mind the wysiwyg factor, e.g. if you say he has a bolt pistol, then having a holster is very fitting both for its 40k-fication and wysiwyg!

Vow 1

• Chaos hellwright (​Soulburner pistol) on Dark Abeyant, infernal axe, mechhatendrils, voidcutter, flamer.  Dark Abeyant w/warplance 178 ​187
  • 3 Obliterators 195
  • Dreado Dreadnought, butcher cannon, twin heavy bolter, great havoc launcher 253 ​233
  • 10 Cultist 40 
  • 10 Cultist 40
  • 10 Cultist 40

Total - 1645 points

​Captain Semper - Just letting you see this before I edit my post, originally post here/not edit yet

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346733-chaos-space-marines-outpost/?p=5068717

Looks OK to me. If someone spots a mistake let us know. In the mean time you can amend your vow accordingly. :)

Yes, that’s a good approach. Anything that could link it to 40k, conversion-wise, is welcome. It doesn’t have to be much, just something that can pass as a grimdark reference. Also, keep in mind the wysiwyg factor, e.g. if you say he has a bolt pistol, then having a holster is very fitting both for its 40k-fication and wysiwyg!
Yeah, I tried seeing if one of the Cadian backpacks with a bunch of techy bits could help: The thing was WAAAAAAAY too large for the long and lean frame of the model. I may be able to snag a Skitarii backpack off of a friend to see if that works, but as of right now it looks like just the Chaos Marine pistol holster is what's going to go on her :lol:

That being said, it's definitely going to be a Sorcerer with Pistol and Power Staff, points-wise. Just not sure if I'll go with a Bolt or Plasma pistol though.

Keeper of secrets.

SCOFF

;)

:cuss

Lord of Change, whoops :lol:

Vow 1

• 3 Obliterators 195
  • 10 Cultist 40 
  • 10 Cultist 40
  • 10 Cultist 40

Total - 1645 points

Looks OK to me. If someone spots a mistake let us know. In the mean time you can amend your vow accordingly. :smile.:

That my originally post edit with the above vow change.

​I hope this is right, got a event on the 2nd June & army list needed to be submitted by 19th (?) May.  Part these models where for that event.

Well here we are again, infernal legions assembled and arrayed against our toughest challenge yet.

Now I have been on the winning side in every ETL event in which I have taken part so far, this streak must not be broken!!!

So therefore, without further ado.....

I, Razblood. Being of sound mind, if not body, hereby pledge myself to the eternal joys of Grandpappy Nurgle and vow to complete before August 1st 2018:

1 x 7 man Plague Marine squad: Plasma gun x 2, Plague Sword, Power Fist, Blight Launcher : 168

med_gallery_39897_14558_140872.jpg

1 x 10 man Poxwalker unit : 60

med_gallery_39897_14558_453361.jpg

1 x Noxious Blightbringer : 65

med_gallery_39897_14558_47387.jpg

1 x Typhus : 175

med_gallery_39897_14558_322754.jpg

For a grand total of 468 points per Codex: Death Guard and Chapter Approved. failure will no doubt see me reduced to naught but a polyp in the festering rectum of the most pathetic Nurgling in the garden!

Let us sally forth and vomit in their general direction!!!!

Edit: points edited due to me being an idjit and not checking chapter approved.

+++Legion Reinforcement+++ 

The equerry scurried down the corridor and eased himself into the briefing room to receive his next charge. He always looked to make himself appear useful, and so far - he had, with his service rewarded with his continued being. Ever efficient, perhaps officious; the equerry represented an individual with particular logistical skills, and that made him valuable. He wisely chose not to test how valuable that was, and set about his task:

"My Lord, are we to answer the summons again?", the equerry enquired, directing the question at the occupied throne.

The answer came from a different Lord entirely, silhouetted in the shadows, that led the equerry to throw himself into a position of suppliance on the hard marble floor in abject fear.

"Always," wheezed Mortarion, Primarch of the Death Guard, "For we are Legion, and it is that time again."

Vow 1:

I, Chaeron, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Realm of Chaos Faction and vow to complete the following, drawn from Codex: Death Guard and the Imperial Armour Index: Forces of Chaos, in no particular order:

Mortarion – 470pts

Kharybdis – 375pts

Dreadclaw – 130pts

Dreadclaw – 130pts

Dreadclaw – 130pts

Death Guard Sorcerer in Terminator Armour with Force Axe – 130pts

Lord of Contagion with Plaguereaper – 130pts

Lord of Contagion with Plaguereaper – 130pts

Malignant Plaguecaster – 110pts

Noxious Blightbringer with Plasma Pistol – 65pts

Bloat Drone with two Plaguespitters and a Plague Probe – 158pts

Bloat Drone with two Plaguespitters and a Plague Probe – 158pts

14 Poxwalkers – 84pts

14 Poxwalkers – 84pts

14 Poxwalkers – 84pts

6 Plague Marines – Blight Launcher, Champion with Plasma Gun and Power Fist – 139pts

6 Plague Marines – 1 Plasma Gun, Champion with Plaguesword and Power Fist – 130pts

6 Plague Marines – Blight Launcher, Plasma Gun, Champion with Plasma Gun and Power Fist – 152pts

Leviathan with Siege Claw and Drill – 295pts

...of total value 3084pts on or before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring eternal glory to Nurgle and the Realm of Chaos forum: failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

My photos prior to painting (and in most cases, assembly!):

vow-1-mortarion-drop-pods.jpg?w=584

vow-1-leviathan-and-new-death-guard.jpg?

As with every year, I'm always incredibly grateful should anyone want to double-check the above - and more than happy to resolve any issues ASAP if I've made an oversight.

Best of luck to everyone competing: looking forward to seeing all those completions through the coming months!

Archived